Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
You are describing a navigated minimally invasive procedure, possibly involving a robotic approach. I suspect that this is also done in the US. It's true that healing is faster as a result. I don't know if it alleviates the need to fuse vertebrae though, unless I am missing something.

Sounds about right, I know he is paying around 80k for it since we do not do it in Canada with any success and the Mayo clinic in Phoenix recommended it for him. His back is a mess and is his last resort and they showed him the surgery via the abdomen, it was quite interesting as an outsider. They specialize in a few back procedures and for some reason was suggested he go there. They also send a lot of our stem cell procedures to Germany as well for the pay route

Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Sounds about right, I know he is paying around 80k for it since we do not do it in Canada with any success and the Mayo clinic in Phoenix recommended it for him. His back is a mess and is his last resort and they showed him the surgery via the abdomen, it was quite interesting as an outsider. They specialize in a few back procedures and for some reason was suggested he go there. They also send a lot of our stem cell procedures to Germany as well for the pay route
It could very well be that team doctors are familiar with this ADR state of the art, and with Eichel thriving with his, they view Lindstrom as treatable even in worst case scenarios.

If so, good news for the team, as that could push him back to top-5, whereby either he or Demidov are still in play at 5. (Or Catton, here's hoping.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and Habs

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We would have secured a possibly elite forward for our second line, and could focus on drafting our top pairing defenseman in a D top heavy draft like Buium, Silayev or Dickinson (or even Levshunov) instead of worring about filling the top 6 F need this season where the 3 best forward of the draft (Celibrini, Demidov and Lindstrom) will most likely be gone when we pick.
We are 2 legit fwds short still….pick Demidov or Lindstrom if he checks out medically.

If they both gone then you can toy with the idea of Dickinson/Sennecke/Buium/Iginla.
I have a herniated disc and it hurts some days when I poop. Do NOT draft.

Maybe it’s your Hemorrhoids acting up :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and Habs

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Anyone else here would be just as happy with Iginla as Demidov? I feel like Iginla has the "it" factor come playoff time. Not to downplay how electric Demidov can be but come playoffs you need warriors more than just pure goal scorers. I'm torn. We could use both of them lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Anyone else here would be just as happy with Iginla as Demidov? I feel like Iginla has the "it" factor come playoff time. Not to downplay how electric Demidov can be but come playoffs you need warriors more than just pure goal scorers. I'm torn. We could use both of them lol
The more we read, and look at video, what a tough tough choice to make....................but we know this, we are getting a good player guys!!!
What a long week this is going to be waiting and waiting..................

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I would be as satisfied with Iginla at #5 as anyone not named Celibrini. If he can become a player similar to his father or a lite version of him, this adds something unique we don't have in our top 6. Hearth and soul kind of guy. Would complete a fantastic duo with Dach on the second line.

Reactions: bopeep and BLONG7

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

I won't cry if we draft Iginla, he has things going for him and he is certainly a fit.

But there is player with way bigger upside at 5 and Demidov is one of them.

I think Catton is our guy. Final answer.

Silayev, Levshunov, Demidov or Lindstrom are my guess. The one falling to us.

Reactions: Naslundforever

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I won't cry if we draft Iginla, he has things going for him and he is certainly a fit.

But there is player with way bigger upside at 5 and Demidov is one of them.

Silayev, Levshunov, Demidov or Lindstrom are my guess. The one falling to us.
I made the assumption Demidov will be gone.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
DEAR LORD.

BLESS HIS HEART.

Herniated discs are a significant concern for hockey players due to the physical demands and biomechanical stresses of the sport. Here are some key points regarding the impact, treatment, and management of herniated discs in hockey players:

Impact on Career and Performance​

1. Return to Play and Career Longevity:
    • A study found that 79% of NHL players with lumbar disc herniations (LDH) returned to play. However, these players had shorter careers and decreased performance compared to healthy controls. Specifically, they played fewer seasons and had reduced goals and points per game post-injury.
  2. Biomechanical Risks:
    • Hockey involves frequent flexed lumbar spinal positions, which can contribute to the development of lumbar disc herniations. Activities such as skating, shooting, and even carrying equipment place significant stress on the lower back.

Conclusion​

Herniated discs pose a substantial risk to hockey players, affecting their ability to perform and potentially shortening their careers. Effective management requires a combination of conservative treatment, possible surgical intervention, and ongoing rehabilitation focused on core and back strength. Understanding the biomechanical demands of hockey and implementing preventive measures can help mitigate these risks.

So....

Y'all want the guy with the messed up back?

View attachment 885817

To be fair, that poll started way before the herniated disk was public info and we were told it was completely healed and shouldn't be an issue

Reactions: Ozmodiar

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
MTL doesn’t need a small 100pt potential forward
It would certainly make things interesting. Unfortunately, there are not a tonne of suitable RHD options in this draft.

Lev is likely gone before 5, Parekh's style isn't what we need, and Yakemchuk would be a reach.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Ask, and ye shall receive!

Yours, Hugo

It would certainly make things interesting. Unfortunately, there are not a tonne of suitable RHD options in this draft.

Lev is likely gone before 5, Parekh's style isn't what we need, and Yakemchuk would be a reach.
Yakemchuk can be targeted if ge falls to mid teens.

Reactions: jaffy27

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Nope, Iggy is 4 months away from being a draft pick NEXT year, kids a stud, will dominate this year. I've watch both a lot, Iggy every day for me
I chose Iginla before Catton too for his intangibles, it was strictly about ceiling meaning what there absolute best form could be in the NHL. Catton has a much lower ceiling IMO than Iginla if his development doesn't go as planned.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I chose Iginla before Catton too for his intangibles, it was strictly about ceiling meaning what there absolute best form could be in the NHL. Catton has a much lower ceiling IMO than Iginla.

Catton may thrive a bit more on a bigger team, not that Iggy is huge but he has another year to grow at least. Will be fun debate for years to come I'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad