Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
i am skeptical tampa paid a third for guentzel's rights unless they had encouragement. if they are willing to pay his price i think they get him.

If that's so why was the contract not inked within a few hours of getting his rights, like if you believe this has already been semi-arranged not tampering wink-wink, why is this not done?

Reactions: Nopefully

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I don't know why people think guys like Reinhart want to "come home" so badly. It's not like he can hang around going skiing in Whistler during the season. He can live in sunny Florida and then escape that heat and enjoy Vancouver summers. He's basically getting paid millions to be a snowbird - every West Vancouverite's dream!
it may simply come down to where they want to raise a family (if they are planning on going down that road) and how much value they put on stability. West Van is a total bubble and he grew up there....I can absolutely see him wanting to raise a family there.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Why would they need to pair them with Quinn?
i was forgetting branstrom is a lefty but hughes needs to be able to play with all our rhd especially ones who justify their presence with offensive skills. that to me rules out an undersized offensive rhd on our roster. branstrom is simply redundant.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
it may be simply come down to where they want to raise a family (if they are planning on going down that road) and how much value they put on stability. West Van is a total bubble and he grew up there....I can absolutely see him wanting to raise a family there.
That's very fair! Didn't consider the family piece. It's a nice place to live and incredible place to raise a family, added bonus if your parents are around. I still don't think we get him at a price that will work for us, he had an incredible contract year and will want more to play here, even if this is his hometown.

i was forgetting branstrom is a lefty but hughes needs to be able to play with all our rhd especially ones who justify their presence with offensive skills. that to me rules out an undersized offensive rhd on our roster. branstrom is simply redundant.
All our RHD *except Myers lol. You're right though, not ideal to have Hronek stapled to him

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Guentzel might have some loyalty to our management from Pittsburgh days. Will be interesting to see if he signs in Tampa.

At this point, this is good that we’re sitting back and waiting for July 1st. If Guentzel/Tanev want to be here, they will wait and sign.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Almost the entire team is already coming back minus the mid-season/deadline-ish acquisitions.

Do you find it uncomfortable sleeping on plastic sheets?
Lol no kidding. The infants are running the asylum. Get these kids some gripe water. Some of them may need to be burped.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
If that's so why was the contract not inked within a few hours of getting his rights, like if you believe this has already been semi-arranged not tampering wink-wink, why is this not done?
i said i believe they would have a hint he is willing to go there if they meet his price. i didn't say they knew his price. if we get to 6pm i'll start to doubt they sign him.

Reactions: timw33

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
That's very fair! Didn't consider the family piece. It's a nice place to live and incredible place to raise a family, added bonus if your parents are around. I still don't think we get him at a price that will work for us, he had an incredible contract year and will want more to play here, even if this is his hometown.
If we truly wants to come home I suspect he'll take less money to make it work. Like the difference between $8MM and $10MM is irrelevant if you make good decisions with your money.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Dan Hamhuis’ rights traded twice to two teams for a 3rd before free agency then signing with Vancouver on July 1st is my copium

I'm trying to think of how many situations where a player has had his rights traded and then they sign with that team.

I think Kevin Hayes a few years back with PHI?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
it may simply come down to where they want to raise a family (if they are planning on going down that road) and how much value they put on stability. West Van is a total bubble and he grew up there....I can absolutely see him wanting to raise a family there.

Both his brothers have retired and moved back to Vancouver and are working for his dad’s investment business (which I’m guessing Sam will end up involved with too) so there are pretty major family considerations there.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
If we truly wants to come home I suspect he'll take less money to make it work. Like the difference between $8MM and $10MM is irrelevant if you make good decisions with your money.
I see what you're saying but it clearly isn't irrelevant if it makes or breaks where players sign their big contracts. You're right though that if he's secretly yearning to live in Vancouver full-time, he'd sign a team friendly hometown deal.
Both his brothers have retired and moved back to Vancouver and are working for his dad’s investment business (which I’m guessing Sam will end up involved with too) so there are pretty major family considerations there.
Interesting...

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Would be a pretty smooth transition into retirement if you've already got a nice West Van home to pop out a couple kids in...

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

that’s the only drawback of coming home, the west van of it

no one wants to commute to work on that bridge

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
For all we know old man JR could be a masterclass tamper himself, and ol Sammy boy might already be on his flight home.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
does the tempaering rule apply to players? i wonder the extent to which hughes and miller can feel out management on certain players and then go recruit them.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It would be Undertaker rising from the dead kind of stuff if both Guentzel and Tanev signed in Vancouver tomorrow.

reinhart and demers

1719772423828.gif

1719772455310.png

Reactions: ziploc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad