Should Kinkaid start Monday night in Toronto?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I've been reading from the fire and ice blog that Marty was said to be able to "make the flight" someplace if Moose can't cut it. Hearing that made me really angry for Kinkaid. Why bring him up if he's not going to get a single chance? Why bring him along for the road trip and keep him up while we're at home if you don't intend to use him?

He's done nothing but improve and become more consistent over the last season and a half. He's promising. I understand he's a prospect and he has no NHL experience, but you have to start somewhere. Give him a chance. It's time. Don't disrespect what he's done and don't disrespect Marty by having an injured Marty take over for a struggling Moose. Give Kinkaid his chance.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was off, but Lou did say the next day or two days later though that it wasn't serious right?:laugh:

Yeah that much I remember without looking it up, that's why the secrecy is annoying me now, you can't exactly trust 'not serious' after that. It felt like a lot longer than two and a half days at the time waiting to hear about Marty.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah that much I remember without looking it up, that's why the secrecy is annoying me now, you can't exactly trust 'not serious' after that. It felt like a lot longer than two and a half days at the time waiting to hear about Marty.

A setback for Marty could be disastrous at this point. I was never one of the ''I want Moose over Marty'' people, but there was one time I felt more confident with Moose than Marty. It was last season right after Marty came back. Remember the Toronto game at home? His first game back? He was awful that game. Of course he made that unbelievable stick save on Kessel late in the game, but before that he was letting everything in. Then every other game he was giving up bad rebounds a lot. That's why he was bad early last season.

apice3*

A setback for Marty could be disastrous at this point. I was never one of the ''I want Moose over Marty'' people, but there was one time I felt more confident with Moose than Marty. It was last season right after Marty came back. Remember the Toronto game at home? His first game back? He was awful that game. Of course he made that unbelievable stick save on Kessel late in the game, but before that he was letting everything in. Then every other game he was giving up bad rebounds a lot. That's why he was bad early last season.

At one brief point last season, Hedberg was better than Brodeur.

This year, I'd rather have Yann Danis.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At one brief point last season, Hedberg was better than Brodeur.

This year, I'd rather have Yann Danis.

That was when Marty came back from injury. He was getting beat everywhere, but mostly giving up bad rebounds.

Semak

Right now this team needs something, anything to give it a jolt. Moose has been mediocre at best and his confidence is shaken. Sometimes teams respond to a rookie keeper, or the guy who comes in relief. I don't think it can hurt.

Going back to back with Moose when he hasn't been sharp scares me.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
How I would love if he came in and stood on his head and ran with it the next couple of games. How awesome would that be? Wishful thinking I know, but would be nice.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I like Moose and hate to see him slumping like this and feel bad for the guy, but he's killing us right now. He's not the only player slumping but the most important, while Marty's out. Give the rookie a shot; we're going to need these young goaltenders real soon, so lets see what this Kinkaid kid has to offer.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
It's no coincidence that Hedberg was the best goalie in the league when the team was hot, and now he's unbearable when the team is cold. He's not a good every game goalie and never has been, but the problem is compounded by the team in front of him playing atrocious hockey. We have no puck possession, attack time, etc.

Robert Theodorson

Apr 27, 2010
Washington DC
It's no coincidence that Hedberg was the best goalie in the league when the team was hot, and now he's unbearable when the team is cold. He's not a good every game goalie and never has been, but the problem is compounded by the team in front of him playing atrocious hockey. We have no puck possession, attack time, etc.

Yes, the defense has looked like a joke at times, but an NHL must be able to steal a game here and there.

The closest thing Moose got to a win (during this streak) was the OT against Buffalo, and he let the first two shooters score on him, the rest is history.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
The team has played well, Then once Moose lets in one of his softies.. They're completely deflated. Moose has no confidence right now and he's been good for about 4 goals against a game.

Kinkaid needs to start. Moose is completely mentally fried right now.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ

A good goalie doesn't fold when the team is struggling. He doesn't fold right along with everyone else.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
not that i think kinkaid will be any better, but moose is fried. he is definitely second guessing himself.

the situation sucks. this thing w/marty hit at the worst time.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Moose has been the best pure backup in the league the last 2 years. He was still showing it the first 3 starts this season. I don't even blame him for the Isles game that was just a pathetic game all around from this team. The Caps game was a bad game, but then he had to start being the starting goaltender.

It's not like Moose has been coming off the bench every week putting on a ****** performance. He's doing it when he needs to fill in as a starter. He shouldn't be a starting goalie despite what many of you have said after a bad performance from Marty. If Moose started as many games as Marty the last two years, his save percentage would have been way lower than it was. Lower than Marty's I believe.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We could really use a 'Fasth' run right now.

There's a few young call up goalies this year who have come out, and done a good job. I watched that Kuemper dude from Minny, and he did a good job. Jake Allen did a really good job when Brian Elliott was playing like Moose while Halak was out. And then Fasth is probably the biggest story of them all.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

The team completely outchanced and outpossessed Toronto last night. Burying chances is the problem right now. And when you think of all the posts and missed empty nets, the pucks are gonna start going in.

Yanno, unless someone like Cam Janssen is called up or something...

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There's a few young call up goalies this year who have come out, and done a good job. I watched that Kuemper dude from Minny, and he did a good job. Jake Allen did a really good job when Brian Elliott was playing like Moose while Halak was out. And then Fasth is probably the biggest story of them all.

Fasth is 30 and has been playing professionally for a long time, and Jake Allen is in his 3rd professional season and is one of the top goaltending prospects in hockey. Kuemper was pretty surprising in a good way, but you can't expect that out of every young goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad