Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Blues Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the team has assigned eight players to their juniors teams.

Players assigned are defensemen Quinton Burns (Kingston – OHL), Lukas Fischer (Sarnia – OHL), Matthew Mayich (Ottawa – OHL), and Will McIsaac (Spokane – WHL), as well as forwards Adam Jecho (Edmonton – WHL), Tomas Mrsic (Prince Albert – WHL), Juraj Pekarcik (Moncton – QMJHL), and Jakub Stancl (Kelowna – WHL).

In addition, the team released goaltender David Tendeck and forward Jake Gudelj from their tryouts.

Reactions: Brian39

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the team has assigned eight players to their juniors teams.

Players assigned are defensemen Quinton Burns (Kingston – OHL), Lukas Fischer (Sarnia – OHL), Matthew Mayich (Ottawa – OHL), and Will McIsaac (Spokane – WHL), as well as forwards Adam Jecho (Edmonton – WHL), Tomas Mrsic (Prince Albert – WHL), Juraj Pekarcik (Moncton – QMJHL), and Jakub Stancl (Kelowna – WHL).

In addition, the team released goaltender David Tendeck and forward Jake Gudelj from their tryouts.
Not surprising. Looks like the only junior players left are the 2 not healthy enough to play, Jiricek and Dorion. Dvo will be presumably going to Springfield if he doesn't make Blues.

I assume we see another bunch of cuts ahead of Springfield training camp, whenever that is.

Reactions: Brian39

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

Gets them all back in time to get 1-2 practices in before games this Friday.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I don't like Holloway being on Faksa's line. I think Faksa should be the 4th line center with Toropchenko and Joseph on his wings. Holloway needs a center who can play with pace and has some offensive skill in his game.
Putting DH with Faksa and Joseph sets him up for a slow start. But, I will trust their judgement.
Sidenote: After practice, I have seen Schenn working one on one with DH. I'd like to see those two on a line with Texier at the least (as far as playing DH in the top 9).

Reactions: Mike Liut

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't like Holloway being on Faksa's line. I think Faksa should be the 4th line center with Toropchenko and Joseph on his wings. Holloway needs a center who can play with pace and has some offensive skill in his game.
Putting DH with Faksa and Joseph sets him up for a slow start. But, I will trust their judgement.
Sidenote: After practice, I have seen Schenn working one on one with DH. I'd like to see those two on a line with Texier at the least (as far as playing DH in the top 9).

We don't have a Center who can play with pace outside of Thomas and ....Holloway. I want Holloway to center his own line.

XXXX - Thomas - XXXX
XXXX - Buchy/Schenn - XXXX
XXXX - Holloway - XXXX
XXXX - Faska - XXXX

And before you say it, Buchnevich is not a center who can play with pace. He can play with pace, he just aint a center.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I won’t be happy if Bolduc doesn’t play 82 games in the top 6. Let this kid play and he’ll score 25 this year and will keep getting better and better.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I won’t be happy if Bolduc doesn’t play 82 games in the top 6. Let this kid play and he’ll score 25 this year and will keep getting better and better.
7 players last year played all 82 games on the Blues. And the year before that only 2 players played all 82. Saying your going to be upset if a player doesn't play all 82 games is weird.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
We don't have a Center who can play with pace outside of Thomas and ....Holloway. I want Holloway to center his own line.

XXXX - Thomas - XXXX
XXXX - Buchy/Schenn - XXXX
XXXX - Holloway - XXXX
XXXX - Faska - XXXX

And before you say it, Buchnevich is not a center who can play with pace. He can play with pace, he just aint a center.
I want Holloway to play center too. But that seems unrealistic with how they are starting him out. It seems like they want to slowly ease him into this lineup for whatever reason. I think the kid can flat out play. When I watch him, I see a guy who has a high ceiling but hasn't been given any opportunity except in the AHL (where he proved he was too good to stay there with 17 goals in his last 30 games).
I'm advocating playing him as high as they will allow. I think he will step up ... especially if he gets to play with better players. I only suggested a line with Schenn and Texier because that would be a step up from where they are starting him right now. Yes, they need a center and DH can do that as well as anyone on this roster except RT. But, sticking him on Faksa's wing will really limit his production. Pegging him as a grinder would be a huge disservice to DH.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I want Holloway to play center too. But that seems unrealistic with how they are starting him out. It seems like they want to slowly ease him into this lineup for whatever reason. I think the kid can flat out play. When I watch him, I see a guy who has a high ceiling but hasn't been given any opportunity except in the AHL (where he proved he was too good to stay there with 17 goals in his last 30 games).
I'm advocating playing him as high as they will allow. I think he will step up ... especially if he gets to play with better players. I only suggested a line with Schenn and Texier because that would be a step up from where they are starting him right now. Yes, they need a center and DH can do that as well as anyone on this roster except RT. But, sticking him on Faksa's wing will really limit his production. Pegging him as a grinder would be a huge disservice to DH.
It seems apparent that they brought in so many new players they don't really know where many fit. They seem to want DH with Faksa as part of an identity line, but I agree that seems to sell him short. put Faksa between Joseph and Torpo on 4th line for identity. DH needs to play with better players to allow his offense to shine. I'm intrigued by him at center, but he gives out Kreider vibes on the wing which is hard for me to ignore.

At this point our top 9 feels like it should be Thomas, Kyrou, Buchy, Neighbours, Schenn, Saad, DH, Tex, and Bolduc. Figuring out lines is still a challenge because 8 of the 9 seem better suited on the wing.

Reactions: blueper

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
It seems apparent that they brought in so many new players they don't really know where many fit. They seem to want DH with Faksa as part of an identity line, but I agree that seems to sell him short. put Faksa between Joseph and Torpo on 4th line for identity. DH needs to play with better players to allow his offense to shine. I'm intrigued by him at center, but he gives out Kreider vibes on the wing which is hard for me to ignore.

At this point our top 9 feels like it should be Thomas, Kyrou, Buchy, Neighbours, Schenn, Saad, DH, Tex, and Bolduc. Figuring out lines is still a challenge because 8 of the 9 seem better suited on the wing.
I agree with all of that. And I think DH could score 20+ if he is on the wing with a decent center, but this team only has a 1st and 4th line center at the moment ... if DH is on the wing. From every report they are definitely going with Buch at 2C though, so that probably forces DH to the 3rd or 4th line. Ugh. That's why I am advocating 3rd line even if it's Schenn at C. My point is, "get DH away from Faksa." What a waste of his ability.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I agree with all of that. And I think DH could score 20+ if he is on the wing with a decent center, but this team only has a 1st and 4th line center at the moment ... if DH is on the wing. From every report they are definitely going with Buch at 2C though, so that probably forces DH to the 3rd or 4th line. Ugh. That's why I am advocating 3rd line even if it's Schenn at C. My point is, "get DH away from Faksa." What a waste of his ability.
I expect lines will be fluid for a while. It feels like only matter of time until DH moves into top 6.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
7 players last year played all 82 games on the Blues. And the year before that only 2 players played all 82. Saying your going to be upset if a player doesn't play all 82 games is weird.

Should I have said barring injury?

Should I have said barring injury?

I should have elaborated better. I don’t want him on the bench, in Springfield or in the bottom
6. Better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad