Should Kinkaid start Monday night in Toronto?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Ya, Kinkaid is no blue chip prospect. I guess we aren't in such a panic yet that we're willing to take the risk and start Kinkaid.

But I think that is silly. Seems to me like now would be the time to start him. He isn't going to get a chance when Marty is back.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Ya, an NHL coach has an inexplicable vendetta against a rookie goalie. That makes perfect sense. Clearly the most reasonable explanation.

Robert Theodorson

Apr 27, 2010
Washington DC
Ya, an NHL coach has an inexplicable vendetta against a rookie goalie. That makes perfect sense. Clearly the most reasonable explanation.

Give me something better than instead of being a smartass maybe?

Took three goals to pull a guy who's been done for awhile.

Even if the kid gets shelled, it was a horrible call to give Moose the start.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Horrible call, yes, but it doesn't mean he has anything personal against Kinkaid like you're suggesting. He just didn't want to trust a kid.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is BS.

Like a lot of things we've been doing in the last couple weeks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kinkaid should be starting on Thursday, instead he gets sent back down after having to come in on relief and playing acceptably well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
'Monday' came and went two days ago. Can we just change this title to the official 'Devils need to seriously consider benching Johan Hedberg' thread?

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
IMO it's not even of matter of panicking and wanting to start Kinkaid, I really want to see how he plays, as he could potentially be our starting goaltender for all we know. He's no blue chip, but he's not a horrendous prospect either. He was highly sought after by several NHL teams after 2 seasons at Union.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Sounds like something personal going on between Kinkaid and DeBoer.

Hedberg looks like **** and is up to his usual tricks already.

He's just being hard-headed about the situation and would rather go with the veteran, even though he's playing like ****. He's a coach that admires loyalty, as seen in the beginning of the season by starting the veteran Defense group that brought the Devils to the finals instead of Larsson.

In a sense I'm not surprised by his decision, I'm just surprised because it still makes absolutely no sense, no matter how much he feels like he "owes" Hedberg.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I can't blame Deboer for sticking with Hedberg. "Your best players have to be your best players." I wouldn't have let him play both games of a back-to-back, but in the end, you have to rely on the guys that you're supposed to be able to rely on. It may not make sense in the short term, but that's how you build character and trust in a locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad