Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe to be named the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bahl could be good if he stops pinching (at the wrong times). He offers way too many counterattacks to opponents.
He’s talking about Bahl sucking and that’s what you go with? What is wrong with you? It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Keefe will bring you guys back to the playoffs , Keefe wasn't THE problem in Toronto he was a good coach, but every coach has a shelf life. I think he will be better in his 2nd stint of being a head coach, just needs to adapt and change some things (which im sure he will.)

1. Loves his possession and doesn't like the safe and easy play, which is good but when there's a missed assignment in your own end (ie: pass to middle of the slot for breaking out or having ur skilled winger blow the zone for a break away). Good chance it ends up in the back of your net. He was very structed and detailed orientated though, just with his system if you break down, it looks bad.

2. Loves active D-man in the o-zone, constant pinching down the wall and into the zone which help keeps plays alive, but like #1, if the high forward has a missed assignment the other team is going back on a 2-1 or a break away (felt like Toronto was always giving up odd man rushes).

3. Special teams were hit and miss with Keefe. Regular season powerplay was always good, PK wasn't very good for most of the seasons

4. Lack of adjustments (biggest issue I think personally). Keefe rarely adjusted to what teams would do in game to counter Toronto, he would just kind of accept it and hope Toronto skill would just take over and break through. (Toronto getting killed on the special teams this year against Boston was because of this.)

5. Lack of accountability for the star players was a thing in the first 3 years of being the coach, would never call out bad plays/stretches (infamously calling out Marner only to completely walk back the criticism the next day at morning skate) but that went out the window the last 2 years of him being coach, started to push them and call them out more. (im sure behind closed doors he was more accountable or else u don't become a coach in the NHL)

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Keefe will bring you guys back to the playoffs , Keefe wasn't THE problem in Toronto he was a good coach, but every coach has a shelf life. I think he will be better in his 2nd stint of being a head coach, just needs to adapt and change some things (which im sure he will.)

1. Loves his possession and doesn't like the safe and easy play, which is good but when there's a missed assignment in your own end (ie: pass to middle of the slot for breaking out or having ur skilled winger blow the zone for a break away). Good chance it ends up in the back of your net. He was very structed and detailed orientated though, just with his system if you break down, it looks bad.

2. Loves active D-man in the o-zone, constant pinching down the wall and into the zone which help keeps plays alive, but like #1, if the high forward has a missed assignment the other team is going back on a 2-1 or a break away (felt like Toronto was always giving up odd man rushes).

3. Special teams were hit and miss with Keefe. Regular season powerplay was always good, PK wasn't very good for most of the seasons

4. Lack of adjustments (biggest issue I think personally). Keefe rarely adjusted to what teams would do in game to counter Toronto, he would just kind of accept it and hope Toronto skill would just take over and break through. (Toronto getting killed on the special teams this year against Boston was because of this.)

5. Lack of accountability for the star players was a thing in the first 3 years of being the coach, would never call out bad plays/stretches (infamously calling out Marner only to completely walk back the criticism the next day at morning skate) but that went out the window the last 2 years of him being coach, started to push them and call them out more. (im sure behind closed doors he was more accountable or else u don't become a coach in the NHL)

This was a big issue last year but I think a lot of it had to due with trying to score goals with all the talent out, the Devils skaters were also a pressing a ton because of the shit goaltending they were getting all year. Better goalie + health and it should be more like the 22-23 Devils imo

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think I am going to be a part time Devils fan next season. Devils were one of my childhood teams, I still have a bunch of Devils things in my mancave. I have a section dedicated to Brodeur, my favorite player was Elias so I have his jersey and memorabilia.

I think you will have an awesome season under Keefe, kind of want to enjoy the ride a bit.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I think I am going to be a part time Devils fan next season. Devils were one of my childhood teams, I still have a bunch of Devils things in my mancave. I have a section dedicated to Brodeur, my favorite player was Elias so I have his jersey and memorabilia.

I think you will have an awesome season under Keefe, kind of want to enjoy the ride a bit.

How do you feel about the Rangers?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
*ahem*

f*** the Rangers

Welcome aboard!

1716912848301.png

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

How do you feel about the Rangers?

Couple follow ups:
- Do you think Trouba is a dirty rat bastard or just misunderstood?
- Is Rempe anything more than a gangly meat sack with marbles between his ears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad