Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere to Carolina for a 2026 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Don't walk back your trashing of him dude. Ghost is the f***ing worst defender in the league. "He sucks" were your exact words.
Walk back?

Jfresh has his defending worse than TDA. Tda worked because he was with Slavin. Look how bad he is defending in Philly.

You put gost with chatty and that's disaster. Go on and do that against NYR. Lol.

I hope I'm wrong. But the dude's defense ev / 60 is f***in bad.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Offensive numbers are very good, but man it looks like he's an absolute train wreck in the defensive zone. Cannot clear the puck and gets dog walked often. Oh, and he's one of the least physical defensemen in the NHL, so don't expect much fight along the boards.

But at least he is good in the offensive zone?

I wonder if he draws penalties because he is always in the defensive zone trying to get the puck out. Get enough chances and someone from the other team takes a penalty but statistically he's probably giving up a bunch more goals since he can't get the puck out.

1677714726161.png

Reactions: zman77

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder if he draws penalties because he is always in the defensive zone trying to get the puck out. Get enough chances and someone from the other team takes a penalty but statistically he's probably giving up a bunch more goals since he can't get the puck out.

View attachment 660426
Again, trust me on this, puck moving is the very least of his problems.

If people want to hyperfocus on him being outmuscled sometimes, ok, fine, that’s up to them. That’s an actual issue for a guy who just isn’t that big. But puck recovery, passing, and carrying it out with possession is not at all a weakness in his game. The guy is a wizard.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Depth is great when we have the top end scoring as a basis. We can trade for 3rd/4th line/3rd pair guys all day long until we realize they play 10 minutes a night and have next to zero impact on any game they're in and there's too much competition in that area of the roster to start. The beauty of a top end acquisition is they bolster your top lines and that cascades down to all other lines as people get pushed down.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I don’t think he’ll play in the playoffs if we’re healthy. Great upgrade at the 7D spot for a tiny price. Can’t complain

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
For what it's worth, it sounds like both Carolina and Washington were interested in Chychrun, but both felt the price was too high. So when they and others (LA) backed out, the price dropped and the Senators took advantage.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Again, trust me on this, puck moving is the very least of his problems.

If people want to hyperfocus on him being outmuscled sometimes, ok, fine, that’s up to them. That’s an actual issue for a guy who just isn’t that big. But puck recovery, passing, and carrying it out with possession is not at all a weakness in his game. The guy is a wizard.
At 5'11, 180lbs....so, when if we play Bolts, Rags, Leafs or Bruins on the road with their big lines, he will have to sit?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If he miraculously fixes the power play then it’s a huge win imo. 4.5M cap hit and all!
Interestingly enough, since Black Friday, the Canes have the 8th best PP in the NHL. Better than Pittsburgh, NYR, Capitals, Jets, Panthers, Vegas, NJ, BOS, DAL, SEA, and Colorado.

Unlike last year where the PP started off great and sucked the 2nd half of the season, it's been the opposite this year.

Still, it's failed us in the playoffs most every year so that's where the improvement is needed.

Jeez Different position
I beg to differ.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
ghost will get minutes in the playoffs, but the 3rd pairing is going to see less action and the top 4 is going to be leaned on heavily. it may not manifest that way in the regular season, but this was an addition to our PP and nothing more. the major benefit is having a functional option to not have to shift Burns the full 2 minutes to have a competent puck mover up top. IMO, they have to get Burns out of the 25-30 range and into the 20-25 range if they want him to hold up through the postseason. they've already started to throttle back on him which is the right move. they can honestly run two units now instead of feeling like our first unit gets their 1:30 and our 2nd gets the scraps. it's basically a punt if they don't score during the 1st unit's shift.

plus, ghost has his uses in OT during the regular season and we've lost a lot of games during extra time. great skater and pretty ideal for that format with his forward like skillset. they needed a second guy to step in for Burns when he is gassed and they have it now. his defensive mission will be survival, but we play enough team defense to help guys like this in our system as long as we don't overburden our forwards.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Jesus H. f***

Maybe his knee will explode for the 5th time before the Rangers make him into a turnstyle him in the playoffs.

I mean I certainly didn't expect anything else from this management, so not surprised. But they have a lot of balls squeezing us STMs for every last dollar, eliminating plans, when they aren't ready to deal seriously to give the team more than a passing shot at the cup.

Reactions: Sigurd

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
For what it's worth, it sounds like both Carolina and Washington were interested in Chychrun, but both felt the price was too high. So when they and others (LA) backed out, the price dropped and the Senators took advantage.

I feel like IRL you're just my STM sales rep, on here rationalizing every shitty deal the borg makes every freaking TDL.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
positives:
It wasnt miller or Klingberg
I don’t have to worry about refreshing my phone anymore

I feel like IRL you're just my STM sales rep, on here rationalizing every shitty deal the borg makes every freaking TDL.
Ottawa turned down 2 offers of 2 late 1st rounders to take that deal. So not really justifying it when we likely didn’t have a shot. Much like Horvat. Mid 1st rounders generally are worth 2 late 1sts anyways then add in this draft is so deep the value difference increases

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad