Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere to Carolina for a 2026 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Don't you have towels to complain about or something?

Don't worry, that's coming soon enough. Although I suspect I'll have less of them this time around to disdain
Oh. Likes. That and 7.50 will get you a storm brew. Weak take. It's a shit last minute grab because we got fleeced by SJ / NJ on meier (Waddell not to blame? Or is he?) and we traded for d when we need scoring / center help.

We all know why half this board likes Ghost. He's TDA without the political opinion.

You can put that in the same pilewith your likes. What is this, high school? Lol. f***ing popularity contests.

The fun part is- this time the rationalization revolves around bringing up a guy the Borg apologists were thrilled to see leave- and saying we should like the TDL aquisition because he is like the guy they celebrated leaving ( I guess minus the nastiness and fighting). Wow.

I mean I would have really liked this guy a few hear ago. And Poolparty would be fine in the offseason. But this is serious business folks? How many year in a row is this rugpull okay with everyone. Is this one it? One more? Two. Here on out as long as we have fun during the regular system?

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The fun part is- this time the rationalization revolves around bringing up a guy the Borg apologists were thrilled to see leave- and saying we should like the TDL aquisition because he is like the guy they celebrated leaving ( I guess minus the nastiness and fighting). Wow.
C'mon man. Very few celebrated his leaving. After the initial uproar by some at the signing, he was pretty well liked here and many wanted to keep him, but as a 3rd pairing PP guy and he wanted to get paid more than that role provided and I don't blame him. Canes went out and decided that Burns at his cost on the top pairing and Chatfield on the bottom pairing (because of his salary) were better options. It's no more complicated than that.

Also, if you read this thread in full, you'll see that most people are rather underwhelmed with this move (myself included) and feel the team needs to add scoring punch upfront.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Don't worry, that's coming soon enough. Although I suspect I'll have less of them this time around to disdain

I mean I would have really liked this guy a few hear ago. And Poolparty would be fine in the offseason. But this is serious business folks? How many year in a row is this rugpull okay with everyone. Is this one it? One more? Two. Here on out as long as we have fun during the regular system?
It's okay for some folks to view things differently. I'm a Borg apologist I suppose. And that's because they have given us a team we couldn't have even dreamed of that long ago. I think the idea of trying to have a super long sustained window of success is every bit as valid, and has just as much chance of bringing a championship, as going all in. They've had some moves that haven't worked out and you can certainly argue for some moves they could've/should've made. I dunno, we've won at least some kind of series each year so far (hard to do) and we went to game 7 last season with our 2nd and 3rd string goalies. I don't think we've been that far off with the current method of building though I can understand why some folks think we have been.

I think there are some things that are just a given with the way the team is run right now. They will move on from almost anyone. They have their own value for most contracts and trades and will only bend so much on it. They think teams are largely built in the offseason and not with splashes at the deadline (though they had a year with a couple of splashes and put in a good effort to one this year). They will be in on a lot of big names, but they won't get most of them. They do believe in a deep prospect pool and they hoard picks and prospects to some extent unless the opportunity to cash a few of them in for a good, proven, fairly cost controlled guy comes up. They like distressed assets and trying to find market inefficiencies.

I feel like most of this should be know and to whine when they don't do things that go against that is a bit silly to me.

And TDA is just one of the many dead horses folks beat around here. It's just the way it is.

C'mon man. Very few celebrating his leaving. After the initial uproar by some at the signing, he was pretty well liked here and many wanted to keep him, but as a 3rd pairing PP guy and he wanted to get paid more than that role provided and I don't blame him. Canes went out and decided that Burns at his cost on the top pairing and Chatfield on the bottom pairing (because of his salary) were better options. It's no more complicated than that.

Also, if you read this thread in full, you'll see that most people are rather underwhelmed with this move (myself included) and feel the team needs to add scoring punch upfront.
Yeah, I'm one of the folks that did not want TDA at all and was very worried after the way things ended in NY. He played well for us other than the Rangers series and was a good teammate by all accounts. I wasn't upset to see him go, but I would have been fine to see him stay. I was more than happy to get Burns, who is much better, though.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

I'll worry about what they do or don't do at the TDL when someone shows me some evidence the correlates TDL pickups to Cups!

Reactions: A Star is Burns

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
C'mon man. Very few celebrating his leaving. After the initial uproar by some at the signing, he was pretty well liked here and many wanted to keep him, but as a 3rd pairing PP guy and he wanted to get paid more than that role provided and I don't blame him. Canes went out and decided that Burns at his cost on the top pairing and Chatfield on the bottom pairing (because of his salary) were better options. It's no more complicated than that.

We ain’t done yet. I’ll bet two bits on it.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
ghost will get minutes in the playoffs, but the 3rd pairing is going to see less action and the top 4 is going to be leaned on heavily. it may not manifest that way in the regular season, but this was an addition to our PP and nothing more. the major benefit is having a functional option to not have to shift Burns the full 2 minutes to have a competent puck mover up top. IMO, they have to get Burns out of the 25-30 range and into the 20-25 range if they want him to hold up through the postseason. they've already started to throttle back on him which is the right move. they can honestly run two units now instead of feeling like our first unit gets their 1:30 and our 2nd gets the scraps. it's basically a punt if they don't score during the 1st unit's shift.

plus, ghost has his uses in OT during the regular season and we've lost a lot of games during extra time. great skater and pretty ideal for that format with his forward like skillset. they needed a second guy to step in for Burns when he is gassed and they have it now. his defensive mission will be survival, but we play enough team defense to help guys like this in our system as long as we don't overburden our forwards.
Flyers "fan" coming in peace. This is a really good take on Ghost and how I think he will work well for you.

Excellent with the puck, not a total liability on D, has gotten a bad rep when Chuck paid to run him out of town, shows flashes of brilliance and will absolutely PP QB.

I think he has another gear, and a chip on his shoulder to boot.

Would 100% prefer him over TDA, and that's not even talking about the picks and space we have since wasted by moving him - ugly.

You'll have some Philly bandwagoners this year I bet.

Good luck!

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Oh. Likes. That and 7.50 will get you a storm brew. Weak take. It's a shit last minute grab because we got fleeced by SJ / NJ on meier (Waddell not to blame? Or is he?) and we traded for d when we need scoring / center help.

We all know why half this board likes Ghost. He's TDA without the political opinion.

You can put that in the same pilewith your likes. What is this, high school? Lol. f***ing popularity contests.
Geez, gramps, you are taking this all very seriously today. It's a message board. People have opinions. Perhaps you could take a moment to reflect on the absurdity of asking someone "who gives a f*** what you think?" in a forum that is built explicitly for dipshit hot takery. Relaaaaax.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So... is this guy just gonna switch locker rooms on Friday then hitchhike home with us?

Geez, gramps, you are taking this all very seriously today. It's a message board. People have opinions. Perhaps you could take a moment to reflect on the absurdity of asking someone "who gives a f*** what you think?" in a forum that is built explicitly for dipshit hot takery. Relaaaaax.

Now, to be fair, I'm not under any illusion that anyone here gives a f*** what I think. :laugh:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I just want to say I love all you guys/gals and am glad to have a place like F26!

patrice-himym.gif

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I do think this indirectly helps our scoring issues by bumping our PP% up a couple of points. Might not be Ghost with the goals but if he positively impacts the PP the way everyone says he can, that impact might be distributed as a couple extra goals for Necas, Aho, Noesen, etc. Wouldn't be a splash and would be tougher to quantify, but...

This also assumes we start actually getting some PPs which has been a tough go the last few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad