Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere to Carolina for a 2026 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I feel like IRL you're just my STM sales rep, on here rationalizing every shitty deal the borg makes every freaking TDL.

Nah, I'm just passing on what's being reported amidst the doom and gloom of negativity. Which is very unlike me, which should tell you how ridiculous some of these takes are.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I feel like IRL you're just my STM sales rep, on here rationalizing every shitty deal the borg makes every freaking TDL.

Someone has to keep the whiner babies who never like anything the team does in check…

So basically Lorentz for a more reasonably costed Burns?

How can anyone complain about that?

How in the dogshit is this an upgrade when they both have 50ish points and the dude we are getting is over a decade older, near the end of his career and costs more money.

“Asset management” indeed

Wait wait I thought we rationalized losing Dougie’s big shot because TDA was super mobile and passed really well…

Then again I feel like every deal focused thread on here is just a festival of rationalization.

Don’t get me wrong I like the trade in a vacuum…and I’d rather have him after getting rid of TDA rather than just signing a rando D man, but like I said before this ain’t a vacuum.

Get a new schtick! Unsurprising you and Borsig are at it yet again… your response to this trade in light of your past performance when it comes to this stuff should probably be an indication of just how good Ghost will be! :sarcasm:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Walk back?

Jfresh has his defending worse than TDA. Tda worked because he was with Slavin. Look how bad he is defending in Philly.

You put gost with chatty and that's disaster. Go on and do that against NYR. Lol.

I hope I'm wrong. But the dude's defense ev / 60 is f***in bad.

Doesn't Jfresh have it just the opposite with respect to their defense? Someone correct me if I'm reading it wrong.

My interpretation: scores are from 0 to 100 with scores above 50 shaded blue and scores below 50 shaded red. So even though it's well below average, a red 18 is much better than a red 10. Are you interpreting reds as negative numbers, where red 18 would be worse than a red 10?

Again, someone correct me if I'm reading those scores wrong.

Anyone able to pull up the current cards of deangelo and ghost?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Someone has to keep the whiner babies who never like anything the team does in check…

Get a new schtick! Unsurprising you and Borsig are at it yet again… your response to this trade in light of your past performance when it comes to this stuff should probably be an indication of just how good Ghost will be! :sarcasm:
Speaking of "performances", I wonder which could be considered more sad- that of the last few TDL acquisitions on the ice or you and your pack of apologists on here?

Oh I'm loving this year's rationalizations- even better than the Hakkenpau ones..."He is basically just TDA you guys should love him HURRRR!"

We should have just kept freaking TDA then. Not got an older, injury prone replacement at the TDL when the rest of our conference is loading nuclear bombs. But hey we can fawn over the draft picks and Russian prospects we didn't have to spend come end of April/ early May.

Reactions: Borsig

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Speaking of "performances", I wonder which could be considered more sad- that of the last few TDL acquisitions on the ice or you and your pack of apologists on here?

Oh I'm loving this year's rationalizations- even better than the Hakkenpau ones..."He is basically just TDA you guys should love him HURRRR!"

We should have just kept freaking TDA then. Not got an older, injury prone replacement at the TDL when the rest of our conference is loading nuclear bombs. But hey we can fawn over the draft picks and Russian prospects we didn't have to spend come end of April/ early May.

Have you considered cold showers?

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

Who the f*** cares what you think?

He's a 4.5 million dollar 7th d rental when we needed a 2C or a scorer.

Flap flap flap go the gums

Reactions: Negan4Coach

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

Don't you have towels to complain about or something?

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Doesn't Jfresh have it just the opposite with respect to their defense? Someone correct me if I'm reading it wrong.

My interpretation: scores are from 0 to 100 with scores above 50 shaded blue and scores below 50 shaded red. So even though it's well below average, a red 18 is much better than a red 10. Are you interpreting reds as negative numbers, where red 18 would be worse than a red 10?

Again, someone correct me if I'm reading those scores wrong.

Anyone able to pull up the current cards of deangelo and ghost?
TDA on Philly vs tda next to Slavin are not the same. Both are bad defensively but as I said I said in another thread - we wouldn't put tda with Chatfield. So he has no place here. Same goes for ghost but here we are. I hope I'm wrong.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Judging by body of likes, a lot more people than care what you think. Just saying.
Oh. Likes. That and 7.50 will get you a storm brew. Weak take. It's a shit last minute grab because we got fleeced by SJ / NJ on meier (Waddell not to blame? Or is he?) and we traded for d when we need scoring / center help.

We all know why half this board likes Ghost. He's TDA without the political opinion.

You can put that in the same pilewith your likes. What is this, high school? Lol. f***ing popularity contests.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oh. Likes. That and 7.50 will get you a storm brew. Weak take. It's a shit last minute grab because we got fleeced by SJ / NJ on meier (Waddell not to blame? Or is he?) and we traded for d when we need scoring / center help.

We all know why half this board likes Ghost. He's TDA without the political opinion.

You can put that in the same pilewith your likes. What is this, high school? Lol. f***ing popularity contests.

To be fair, from what I can tell, most of the board is rather underwhelmed by the Ghost addition, myself included. I would have rather spent more cap space on a scoring forward than on him. I just recognize the role he'll play so while I'm underwhelmed, I'm kind of "meh" on the whole thing.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
For all of the "we suck blah blah blah" guys. How all those trades working for the Leafs tonight?
I mean I'm good with the pool party thing. We should have levered them for a pick or something, but I guess we traded basically nothing for him.

We really needed a scoring forward. Had 10m in space and came out with a next year rehab project and 2 months of ghost. If people are spinning that as a win, well.....

Last year was a bust at the tdl and so was this year. I want us to play the long game too. But between domi and this, it's like we're taking our best years and phoning it in at the TDL.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City

Jesus. Just be thankful there is a NHL team in little old Raleigh.

There are 11 teams never won the cup.

If all, and I mean all you can do is bitch and moan then don't spend your time and money on the Canes. Maybe be a Leafs fan or something. Move to Winnipeg perhaps.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I mean I'm good with the pool party thing. We should have levered them for a pick or something, but I guess we traded basically nothing for him.

We really needed a scoring forward. Had 10m in space and came out with a next year rehab project and 2 months of ghost. If people are spinning that as a win, well.....

Last year was a bust at the tdl and so was this year. I want us to play the long game too. But between domi and this, it's like we're taking our best years and phoning it in at the TDL.

I was reliably told back in November we wouldn’t make the playoffs because of how badly we botched the offseason so I’m not sure why you’d even want to make TDL acquisitions… shouldn’t we be selling?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad