Rumor: Sharks working on Evander Kane trade, will eat 50%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Kane to boston? They'd have the leadership I think to keep Kane in line.

Vegas? could see Kane being well behaved as much as possible for at least/most the rest of his contract simply because I think he desperately wants to play there.
That’s like sending an alcoholic to a bar and telling him not to drink .

Reactions: flyfysher

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
How much does he forfeit if he is scratched out? I doubt the Barracuda play him.
He makes the same if he plays or not. And he actually makes significantly more in the AHL than he would in the NHL because there is no escrow in the AHL.
The current level of escrow is 17.2% according to the athletic at the start of the season.

The same goes if he is bought out. All signing bonuses must be paid out and there is no escrow on the remaining money that has to be paid out to him. If he can find another team to pay him even league minimum he would make more money being bought out than playing out his contract.

So if he makes more money in the AHL or by being bought out why would he agree to forfeit his contract and lose that?

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Really? You think he should go to Vegas of all places lol. Maybe Seattle takes a chance on him.

I simply suggesting teams that Kane would want ot play for and had the backroom to deal with his ego... I don't think any team should take the locker room cancer.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
How much does he forfeit if he is scratched out? I doubt the Barracuda play him.

If he gets scratched from the game? Kane still gets paid

Talk about a losing battle…

I will do one further. I am 95% certain on this that because he is in the AHL he actually makes more.

Why? Escrow. If playing in the AHL and not the NHL the contract during that pay period doesn't do escrow.

So Kane will make more in the AHL. That is funny.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
I will do one further. I am 95% certain on this that because he is in the AHL he actually makes more.

Why? Escrow. If playing in the AHL and not the NHL the contract during that pay period doesn't do escrow.

So Kane will make more in the AHL. That is funny.
Ive read that but never fact checked that information

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
For a guy who's won nothing in his career and has been a disruption everywhere he's been its amazing how any folks talk about the benefits of having him on their team.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Bruins, Penguins, Red Wings, Predators, Maple Leafs, and Dallas.

Wonder why Burke, Yzerman, Dubas or Sweeny would even consider, they know better.

I understand Poile because Nashville has to shed some stupid contracts, as that team is slowly heading into a rebuild that isn't official yet. Dallas does have bad contracts, but I think if it's anywhere it's one of those two teams.

If Kane goes to Dallas, I imagine Pavelski and Khudobin with San Jose retaining 50%.

As for Nashville I see Johanson going to San Jose.

But it would be funny to see him in Toronto for the sake of media not getting off his back.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bruins, Penguins, Red Wings, Predators, Maple Leafs, and Dallas.

Wonder why Burke, Yzerman, Dubas or Sweeny would even consider, they know better.

I understand Poile because Nashville has to shed some stupid contracts, as that team is slowly heading into a rebuild that isn't official yet. Dallas does have bad contracts, but I think if it's anywhere it's one of those two teams.

If Kane goes to Dallas, I imagine Pavelski and Khudobin with San Jose retaining 50%.

But it would be funny to see him in Toronto for the sake of media not getting off his back.

Toronto does need a top 6 LW and even at 3.5 million I don't see Kane getting top assets like 1st rounders or top prospects given his baggage.

Also let's be honest here when Marner gets healthy

Kane Matthews Marner would be deadly.

Reactions: themelkman

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kane is like a for sale used car that looks great on the outside but when you open the door to get inside there's this god awful stink like someone had a shit inside and you know that stink is never gonna go away... Which explains why the price is so cheap and nobody wants to buy it.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
scouts routinely go to games at various locations just like I scout the 75,000$ pikup trucks at various dealerships

Soapdodger

Dec 31, 2007
But Buffalo could be a catalyst in a trade.
For example San Jose trades Kane with 50% retention to the Sabres for Kyle Okposo and they eat another 50% so the receiving team gets him at 1,75.
I know the Sabres don't like to retain or they would have done so with Eichel, but it might work, especially if they receive a sweetener.
They also might retain less than 50%, say just a million which wouldn't hurt much and many teams could take on Kane's cap hit and salary more easily.
That would mean more teams interested and therefore the price would increase.

Gilles Meloche

I Moe I Moe
Feb 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Kane is like a for sale used car that looks great on the outside but when you open the door to get inside there's this god awful stink like someone had a shit inside and you know that stink is never gonna go away... Which explains why the price is so cheap and nobody wants to buy it.

Attachments

• C68F2C95-F38C-4252-8369-555C135E46D9.gif
    C68F2C95-F38C-4252-8369-555C135E46D9.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 10

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
d1d5d880-770e-4849-823e-473c46c6165d_text.gif

Reactions: Oddbob

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

Kane really wasn’t an issue the first few years with the Sharks. It was only once they started losing and his personal life started to spiral. I definitely think Kane has a clock anywhere he goes, and is more than likely to wear out his welcome. But I don’t think it’ll be this year or next. Maybe down the road. You just need guys in the room that can handle him.

Reactions: Groo

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Kane really wasn’t an issue the first few years with the Sharks. It was only once they started losing and his personal life started to spiral. I definitely think Kane has a clock anywhere he goes, and is more than likely to wear out his welcome. But I don’t think it’ll be this year or next. Maybe down the road. You just need guys in the room that can handle him.

Which specific teams do you think has guys in the locker room that can keep Kane in check?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Nashville already shed Ellis which was our only bad contract, and there's no way we would be looking to move any other contracts right now. Duchene and Johansen are playing great. There is zero chance Poile would be interested in trading Johansen for Kane. And Poile likes to run a fairly "wholesome" team-spirit ship, it's unlikely he would consider bringing Kane in, even for free, let alone trade one of our best players for him.

Detroit and Nashville stand out on that list more as being potential go-betweens for a double-retention trade. They both have $10M+ in Cap space, and possibly project to also having significant longer term cap space available to accommodate even the 4 years of retention Kane would require. Scooping up some picks/prospects from 2 teams in exchange for some dead cap may be an option for them. Although that said, it is really not Poile's MO to retain nor to pay cash out to buy picks. But it can't hurt for him to listen and send a scout out to see if there are any prospects in San Jose who might change his mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad