Rumor: Sharks working on Evander Kane trade, will eat 50%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
If I was another team I wouldnt be trading for Kane at all, but the fact that hes back to social media trolling tells me hes not even trying to learn from the situation.

Hockey is very forgiving culture. He'd probably win the Masterton next season if he logged off, did a fake blanket apology, and scored 30 goals next year. The blueprint is right in front of him.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Hockey is very forgiving culture. He'd probably win the Masterton next season if he logged off, did a fake blanket apology, and scored 30 goals next year. The blueprint is right in front of him.

Forgiveness is a sign of deep maturity and evolution

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ya but how about just zip your lips and try to build your reputation. Dont even open the door for anything negative to happen. Put your head down and work. Show you are a good team mate and stay out of the media and maybe one day you can show you are willing to learn by your mistakes.

I don't disagree. But I think it's tough for people sometimes to get dumped on so much and have so much mud slung at them (whether it's of their own doing or not, whether it's rightfully earned or not) and not say anything at some point. Even politicians in hot water make statements similar to this. In the social media universe, it's guilty until proven innocent in which everyone feels entitled and required to shit all over whoever the flavor of the month is. I would argue that keeping your mouth shut and not saying anything, in this day and age, would lead people to believe that the accusations are actually true. "OH! He didn't say it wasn't true! It must be true!" Manufactured outrage on social media is absolutely out of control. At some point, I do begin to feel bad for him as the world makes it so damn hard to do what you just suggested (even though I do agree with what you said).

Reactions: Al48

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This case is worse than DeAngelo. I bet the only thing to do is buy him out. Still, I dont see many takers. He is a good player, but do you wanna loose the lockerroom and have massive negative PR as an owner?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No he's not. Commenting online is not exhausting. In fact, it gives me more life and energy.

I would be willing to bet you are saying that from a mighty privileged position.

I'm not saying him getting on Twitter is right...I'm saying that was he said was right.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
If the players agreed to a CBA that let teams void their contracts for whatever the team deems "detrimental conduct," it gives teams leeway to drum up shady reasons for voiding players' contracts instead of buying them out. The players would never sign a CBA that didn't outline extremely specific reasons and circumstances for a contract to be voided.
You do realize that arbitration and court is a thing, right? Nobody said the team would be the sole judge of conduct. That’s not how it works in other leagues where such clauses exist.

Theboss007

Apr 26, 2014
i think he should go play in Euro for a few years and rebuild his value by putting up big numbers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hard to believe that Kane is now 30.....seems like yesterday since the Atlanta Thrashers drafted him out of the Vancouver Giants......controversy and bad judgement has followed him around like a bad smell. You'd like to think that some maturity will kick in at some point, but then again maybe not.

That said, some team desperate for offense will take on his contract. But the Sharks will have to eat a significant portion of his cap hit.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
He was fine when the Sharks still had Pavs and Jumbo.
You were in the room? The team started to suck when he joined, after years and years of success, and those two left. Not a great argument. Every team he's been on he's been hated and on the Sharks they went from elite to the basement, like every other team he's been on, and have now rebounded without him to being respectable. I'm not saying what happened in SJ can be put all on him but there's not a lot of arrows in his favour and a whole lot going against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad