Sharks Training Camp 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Tennyson gets love because he was a mobile d man when we were sticking Hannan in the back. I think it's hyperbole that he makes dumb plays and is soft but he's no better than #6. It's just a great spot for him. Limited minutes, puck mover, can step up on 2nd pp unit on a pinch and has a good point shot. Who do we have that's better in that slot?

I think demelo has looked better though and would like to see them fight it out.

This. Tennyson as far as I can tell is the closest dman we got that's nhl ready, and who is offensively minded. He's pretty decent on the 2nd pp unit which needs help. He skates well, and actually tries to play offense, but is certainly a 5/6 only dman.

I personally don't think he's soft, or makes an overabundance of dumb plays at all, and think we desperately need at least one other offensively inclined dman besides burns on the team.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
I'm still weary of Couture being able to take draws, and for that reason I'm not even sure we should cement him at center. I'm hoping that if he continues to struggle that Hertl get promoted to that spot.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I'll be interested to see what happens with Hertl at center, appears to me he's pretty good there
with wingels and Neito. Not sure what than means for Tierney and or Smith... both to me are proven NHL players , can either play wing? If not, I see Tierney as >> Smith and wonder if the later of the two could be
moved out.

Be kind of nice to see a line 3a and line 3b situation, no 4th line!
3b line = Karlesson - Tierney - Torres/Donskoi/Goldobon/Smith

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'll be interested to see what happens with Hertl at center, appears to me he's pretty good there
with wingels and Neito. Not sure what than means for Tierney and or Smith... both to me are proven NHL players , can either play wing? If not, I see Tierney as >> Smith and wonder if the later of the two could be
moved out.

I'm pretty sure they both can play wing. Smith played with Kruger, who was the 4C in Chicago, and Tierney played on all sorts of lines with Domi, Horvat, and Marner who are all generally listed as centers.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm pretty sure they both can play wing. Smith played with Kruger, who was the 4C in Chicago, and Tierney played on all sorts of lines with Domi, Horvat, and Marner who are all generally listed as centers.

None of those players played center with Chris Tierney. Marner played on Tierney's wing in 13-14, and I really don't think Tierney played much with the other two (and Domi is a wing anyway).

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Ward seems set on stone on that 2nd line, hopefully it works out. Wouldn't mind a trial of others there, but I prefer him to Hertl playing wing on the line.

I really like those lines, actually. Maybe swap Donskoi for Goldobin, but that's it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
moved out.

I was hoping for the bottom lines to be something like
Nieto-Hertl-Wingels
Karlsson-Tierney-Smith/Torres

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The biggest crock of **** in that article is they both realized they wanted to win the Cup (after Jumbo's chirping).

You seriously want me to believe that horsecrap?

This, what a bunch of fluff

"Hey, I know the last 2 years have been a dysfunctional ****-storm, but it's cool now. We got over it and we're ready to win"

B

S

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Finally out of hockey hibernation. I was so disappointed and disinterested after last season I didn't watch a single complete game of the playoffs, just bits and pieces here and there.

But now, I'm starting to get excited for hockey again. Thanks to everyone who's posted some insight. I'm starting to go back and read to get caught up and I appreciate, as always, your guys' thoughts on the team.

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
I'm still weary of Couture being able to take draws, and for that reason I'm not even sure we should cement him at center. I'm hoping that if he continues to struggle that Hertl get promoted to that spot.

Couture was pretty bad on draws the first 6 weeks of last season. Let's hope DeBoer gets on him for it early.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Having NHL-quality forward depth just feel so odd as a Sharks fan. It is almost unthinkable that 2 or more of Karlsson (1st liner last year), Nieto (2nd liner last year), Tierney (3rd liner last year), and Torres (mid-6 player before injury) will likely see significant time on the 4th line. Having 4 scoring lines should be really interesting, as our 4th line should be able to tear it up against weaker competition.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like that the depth players can play up and down the line up. I know everyone loves Donskoi but Karlsson is pretty good at what he does too.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Hey fellas, east coast Sabres fan who often likes to stay up late and watch the Sharks as his "west coast team" Having said that, this is (full disclosure) a fantasy question.

Anyway, whats the buzz on Marleau going into the season? He still has speed so I don't think he's "losing it" at 35 but he (among others, of course) were real let downs. His shooting % was a career low last season but methinks its more than that. What do you guys think? I was convinced he'd be traded at the deadline last year.

Also, am I the only one who things Hertl should be playing wing with big Joe? Seemed like they had chemistry his 1st year but McLellan never seemed to put them together after his injury

Also, Also, bring back Drew Remenda! lol

Thanks guys

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Marleau may bounce back. Maybe not 40 goals but at least 25. Hertl actually doesn't play well with Jumbo. Hertl plays best with the puck. With the Joes, he didn't see it at all. The 3c or 2nd line RW spot are his ideal positions currently.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hey fellas, east coast Sabres fan who often likes to stay up late and watch the Sharks as his "west coast team" Having said that, this is (full disclosure) a fantasy question.

Anyway, whats the buzz on Marleau going into the season? He still has speed so I don't think he's "losing it" at 35 but he (among others, of course) were real let downs. His shooting % was a career low last season but methinks its more than that. What do you guys think? I was convinced he'd be traded at the deadline last year.

Also, am I the only one who things Hertl should be playing wing with big Joe? Seemed like they had chemistry his 1st year but McLellan never seemed to put them together after his injury

Also, Also, bring back Drew Remenda! lol

Thanks guys

For future reference we have a general fantasy thread somewhere further down the page.

Going off the preseason, we don't really know what's up with Marleau but it seems like some combination of his hands and decision making is on the decline. Hopefully he bounces back but I'm pretty pessimistic about that.

A lot of us like Hertl playing as a center and it's something a lot of people have been hoping for for awhile. Hertl's got a lot of potential as a playmaker but if he plays with Thornton and Pavelski, he'd have to play the forechecking role primarily since Thornton's the primary playmaker and Pavelski's the primary shooter so Hertl wouldn't get to play the puck very much. At least last year, it would've been a total waste to make him play the forechecker since he was coming off the knee injury and he couldn't accelerate very well but he's looking better in that regard. Now, if he was playing on the top line, he wouldn't get the chance to develop as a playmaker and center and we're kind of looking at him as a future top 6 C and hopefully future 1C someday.

I could go either way on Rememda but I'm pretty sick of Baker in general. Bring on Hedican!

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think Karlsson has anywhere near the potential as Donskoi and that's why I want him to get opportunities over Karlsson if he's ready.

Donskoi has to prove it. I don't think his potential is all that high. He and Karlsson are different players. Karlsson fit with the Joes because of his game. We'll see if Donskoi can.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Donskoi has to prove it. I don't think his potential is all that high. He and Karlsson are different players. Karlsson fit with the Joes because of his game. We'll see if Donskoi can.

Karlsson cooled after half the season. He's a puck hunting hustler. Donskoi has much greater talent. Both still need to prove they can stay in the NHL and where they will land. Donskoi looked excellent on the Joes line and I'd rather see him in the top 6 if deserves it than someone that really is a bottom sixer living off the talent of the Joes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad