Sharks Training Camp 2015

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Also, am I the only one who things Hertl should be playing wing with big Joe? Seemed like they had chemistry his 1st year but McLellan never seemed to put them together after his injury

Hertl is only decent with JT if Pavelski is not on the line. Even then I'd much rather him player with other players. I don't think he can reach his full potential playing with a player like Thornton. He can score, sure, but Hertl excels when he has the puck on the stick. Joe Thornton ALWAYS has the puck on his stick. Recipe for disaster and Hertl becomes disengaged.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Hertl is only decent with JT if Pavelski is not on the line. Even then I'd much rather him player with other players. I don't think he can reach his full potential playing with a player like Thornton. He can score, sure, but Hertl excels when he has the puck on the stick. Joe Thornton ALWAYS has the puck on his stick. Recipe for disaster and Hertl becomes disengaged.

I completely agree.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The thing is...Karlsson was generally seen as a future fourth liner/fringe NHLer/career AHLer before he made that big jump last year. I don't think SJ had him high on the depth chart until he seized the mantle during his spell.

Donskoi has for some time now been considered a potential top-9 forward with a very polished game.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Several Finnish people.

leningrad_cowboys_zpsmeiax1vd.jpg

Joonas Donskoi Go America.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Would it be worth doing a pole on which 12 forwards will play the most games for the Sharks.

Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski
Hertl, Ward, Tierney
Donskoi, Torres, Wingels, Nieto, Karlsson
Smith, Goodrow
Goldobin, Carpenter
Brown

That is some seriously stiff competition. It will be even crazier next year with Meier likely ready, and perhaps Chartier, Jevpalovs, Labanc, and Sadowy as dark horses.

Only Torres, Smith, Nieto (RFA), Hertl (RFA), Goodrow (RFA) will need new contracts.

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Would it be worth doing a pole on which 12 forwards will play the most games for the Sharks.

Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski
Hertl, Ward, Tierney
Donskoi, Torres, Wingels, Nieto, Karlsson
Smith, Goodrow
Goldobin, Carpenter
Brown

That is some seriously stiff competition.

do your own pole

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
do your own pole

Happy to do it, just can't keep up with when something should be it's own thread, and others may have a better idea of how to do so.

What I won't do is the "who should be our #1 LW" "#C"..."13th forward"...."6th D call-up".

I would have in the past, but now, I am not on as much as I used to be.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Happy to do it, just can't keep up with when something should be it's own thread, and others may have a better idea of how to do so.

What I won't do is the "who should be our #1 LW" "#C"..."13th forward"...."6th D call-up".

I would have in the past, but now, I am not on as much as I used to be.

latest

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
^^ I got it...and nicely placed behind the "seriously stiff" part....

I'm seriously ready for training camp to be over and the real show to start already!!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm assuming this is just to get him a little more NHL preseason action and not because someone is hurt, right?

They recalled 9 players.

I mentioned it in the training camp thread but it's probably so they can give their 'vets' a day off tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad