Sharks Training Camp 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
They recalled 9 players.

I mentioned it in the training camp thread but it's probably so they can give their 'vets' a day off tomorrow.

Just saw that. Thank you! My heart skipped a beat when I saw just Groesnick but if he's part of a whole crew it makes sense.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
latest

Long week, quarter end is always ridiculous. When I saw your response, I thought it was a spelling error, but didn't really care.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Jones will be the starter for the year more than likely. I have Jones on my fantasy team as well. If he's your first goalie taken that's a mistake. But he's a great second option.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
So has Hertl cemented a place at center or will he be pro-cessed to the wing?

It looks like he's taking the 3c spot. If they are trying to fit donskoi in hertl has to play center. Could be wrong though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So has Hertl cemented a place at center or will he be pro-cessed to the wing?

He's played the last several games at center and by all accounts looked great. I'm super glad because I was not comfortable slotting Tierney in as #3C. He was obviously very good to end last season but he's still very young and just giving him a top-9 spot would not be smart IMO. On the other hand, it's gonna be super disappointing when he has Brown as his winger. Smith is fine, but I wish there were someone better for his other wing.

bullslugg

Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Cali central valley
He's played the last several games at center and by all accounts looked great. I'm super glad because I was not comfortable slotting Tierney in as #3C. He was obviously very good to end last season but he's still very young and just giving him a top-9 spot would not be smart IMO. On the other hand, it's gonna be super disappointing when he has Brown as his winger. Smith is fine, but I wish there were someone better for his other wing.
"
Torres I hope, maybe Karlson, when healthy"

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

We coulda had it all. . .

Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-4.54.38-PM-640x427.png

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So has DeMelo officially made the team?

The roster hasn't been finalized yet but I think it's a pretty safe bet that DeMelo will be on it once it is.

Back to TC stuff, the Sharks have sent the 9 players they recalled on Friday back to the Barracuda.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Funny thing is i don't think i have ever seen a team recall players during the preseason/training camps before. Was wilson just testing to see how long it would take the players to get from 1 dressing room to the other dressing room?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Funny thing is i don't think i have ever seen a team recall players during the preseason/training camps before. Was wilson just testing to see how long it would take the players to get from 1 dressing room to the other dressing room?

Having them in town now probably didn't hurt the decision.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Did any of the recalled players play last night or the coyotes game?

They all played (or dressed in Grosenick's case) last night.

There were a few other teams who re-assigned and then re-called players for their final game.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Torres or Karlsson would be fine, imo. Perhaps even Nieto if Karlsson moves up.

It's looking like:

Donskoi - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Ward
Nieto - Hertl - Wingels

is likely going to be the top 9. And consider Smith and Tierney locks for two of the remaining spots. I'd be extremely pleased with Karlsson there or happy with Torres. I don't think we'll be seeing a ton of Brown this year. :dunno: *fingers crossed*

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I don't think we'll be seeing a ton of Brown this year. :dunno: *fingers crossed*

Brown is probably our first injury replacement

With Torres getting threadbanned and the lack of news on Melker, I think he draws into the opening night lineup

Prediction for Wednesday:

27-19-8
12-39-42
83-48-57
21-50-18

44-61
7-88
4-80

The only thing I wonder is if Tennyson or DeMelo draw in on opening night

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Brown is probably our first injury replacement

With Torres getting threadbanned and the lack of news on Melker, I think he draws into the opening night lineup

Prediction for Wednesday:

27-19-8
12-39-42
83-48-57
21-50-18

44-61
7-88
4-80

The only thing I wonder is if Tennyson or DeMelo draw in on opening night

Yeah I get that, and I'm not terribly upset about it. I'm mainly talking about further into the season. If we see 20 games from Brown, either injuries hit or something is really wrong. Hell, we shouldn't be seeing any, but that's life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad