Speculation: Sharks Roster Discussion Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if DeBoer is stupid enough to actually not put Hertl back in when he's 100% if the team is still winning at that point.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Even if you fired Deboer, you'd be stuck with choosing...someone worse. If you're going with guys who have coached in the NHL before, you're looking at a pool of ****. If you're looking at the AHL, the only one I could think of that might be interesting would be Sheldon Keefe and successful AHL coaches are no guarantee at success either. Dallas Eakins, Blashill, etc. Maybe college or Juniors then.

What fans know of coaching talented is super limited and systems are difficult to scout.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I love that you want to fire DeBoer over the Schlemko thing because the org is clearly to classy to turn it into a public fiasco. Obviously there is more to the story here and they just do not want the drama being made public, good on them.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Even if you fired Deboer, you'd be stuck with choosing...someone worse. If you're going with guys who have coached in the NHL before, you're looking at a pool of ****. If you're looking at the AHL, the only one I could think of that might be interesting would be Sheldon Keefe and successful AHL coaches are no guarantee at success either. Dallas Eakins, Blashill, etc. Maybe college or Juniors then.

What fans know of coaching talented is super limited and systems are difficult to scout.

I'd love to get Krueger. He's probably not available though and the Sharks aren't firing PDB in his second season, especially after he took them to the finals last season.

Saskboy

Oct 3, 2016
I think he is more joking, but he's probably implying that there is a deal in place for Schlemko that would happen when the roster freeze is lifted

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Sounds like a no problem no change kind of thing.

Also, Hertl skating. Nice. I'm thinking he had a knee sprain so I'm expecting him back 2nd or 3rd week of January.

Ah OK, thanks.

Thank goodness Hertl is on the ice. I honestly don't really care when he comes back, even if it takes another month or two, I just want him to be 100%. I really hope he can get over his injury issues... he's probably our most important forward for the future.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's well past time to fire DeBoer.

:laugh:

Not going to happen. No need to make a rash decision.

I'd be interested in seeing Ray Ferraro as a coach. I think he has a good mind for the game and would get his message through to the players. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though. No idea if he has previous experience coaching.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Rule of the thumb is that you don't trade players for at least a year after your have signed them. An exception would be for drastically poor play, and Schlemko has been great.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Rule of the thumb is that you don't trade players for at least a year after your have signed them. An exception would be for drastically poor play, and Schlemko has been great.

DW has followed that rule of thumb, except if a better player was available and the recently signed player was needed to make a package work. (I am thinking the Setoguchi extension being signed days before Burns became available. Normally DW would not have traded Seto the year, yet alone the same month he signed a new contract.....) Only way I see we trade Schlemko is if he is key in a package to us getting a bigger name scoring winger to address some of our scoring concerns

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
DW has followed that rule of thumb, except if a better player was available and the recently signed player was needed to make a package work. (I am thinking the Setoguchi extension being signed days before Burns became available. Normally DW would not have traded Seto the year, yet alone the same month he signed a new contract.....) Only way I see we trade Schlemko is if he is key in a package to us getting a bigger name scoring winger to address some of our scoring concerns

Or if he's unhappy and doesn't want to be here. Not saying that's the case, but if he wanted out for some reason I think Wilson would accommodate him before forcing him to place somewhere he doesn't want to be (for whatever reason).

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Or if he's unhappy and doesn't want to be here. Not saying that's the case, but if he wanted out for some reason I think Wilson would accommodate him before forcing him to place somewhere he doesn't want to be (for whatever reason).

I agree, if Schlemko was unhappy (I can't see being unhappy with living in SJ but let's say he had a Hamonic like family situation that was preventing him from being happy here), DW would work the phone to see if he could get something done that also met our team needs.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I agree, if Schlemko was unhappy (I can't see being unhappy with living in SJ but let's say he had a Hamonic like family situation that was preventing him from being happy here), DW would work the phone to see if he could get something done that also met our team needs.

Right.

Point being, there is a reason, and we do not know what it is. No one in their right mind thinks he's being benched for his play. He's sitting out for some reason that isn't health. As pointed out, for all we know, it may be Wilson benching him, not DeBoer, so judging Deboer the idiot here without knowing the facts is pretty, well, idiotic.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I think he is more joking, but he's probably implying that there is a deal in place for Schlemko that would happen when the roster freeze is lifted

I really hope not. That'd be a UFA deterent in years to come. Something not right if we signed a UFA and sold him for picks later.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
David Schlemko signed here in the past off-season. To think he doesn't want to play here is full of fluff.

This is between him and Coach.

Nobody else truly knows.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
David Schlemko signed here in the past off-season. To think he doesn't want to play here is full of fluff.

This is between him and Coach.

Nobody else truly knows.

No one said he's unhappy, I just gave a theoretical counter argument to the ongoing narrative. The point being, we do not know the facts and in all likelihood there is a good reason for his benching that is being kept quiet. It could be a number of things, I just presented one potential explanation which would explain the secrecy that isn't "durr DoBoer is a moron!".

Please do not pull things out of my posts out of context and then try to imply I said something I did not, it's rude.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
All I can say is many of you are being ridiculous. This benching could be a result of a million different things but the immediate conclusion is Deboer is benching him because he doesn't like him? Maybe Schlemko is having a family issue, or other personal issue. Maybe he is unhappy in SJ. Maybe he isn't injured and has some other health related item. No one here knows, quit acting like you're 100% right and you have the information that no one else does. We're all nobody's in the hockey world who love the Sharks. We aren't insiders and we aren't besties with guys on the team.

The team is winning! How absurd can a person be to complain about the team benching someone and "throwing away wins" when all we're doing is winning? Reeelaaax!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
All I can say is many of you are being ridiculous. This benching could be a result of a million different things but the immediate conclusion is Deboer is benching him because he doesn't like him? Maybe Schlemko is having a family issue, or other personal issue. Maybe he is unhappy in SJ. Maybe he isn't injured and has some other health related item. No one here knows, quit acting like you're 100% right and you have the information that no one else does. We're all nobody's in the hockey world who love the Sharks. We aren't insiders and we aren't besties with guys on the team.

The team is winning! How absurd can a person be to complain about the team benching someone and "throwing away wins" when all we're doing is winning? Reeelaaax!

There are some things you can throw out as possibilities given what Schlemko has already stated. Until it's shown otherwise, it's simply as they said...a coach's decision. A decision I don't agree with but I understand it's not the biggest of deals right now.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
No one said he's unhappy, I just gave a theoretical counter argument to the ongoing narrative. The point being, we do not know the facts and in all likelihood there is a good reason for his benching that is being kept quiet. It could be a number of things, I just presented one potential explanation which would explain the secrecy that isn't "durr DoBoer is a moron!".

Please do not pull things out of my posts out of context and then try to imply I said something I did not, it's rude.

Mr. Ball.
I did not point this at you. If you thought I did, it was never my intention.
You have a level-headed opinion that I usually agree with. It is the others that use their opinions as fact, bully other posters with harsh implied comments. Calling players, coaches and GM's derogatory names that I have issue with.
I don't think that it's anyone's given right to be rude or mean. This is a forum for discussion not attacks and beat downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad