Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I met Roenick once in the Shark’s locker room. I’m sure I told this story before but I was a young filmmaker and we wanted an athlete to act in something so we emailed his manager (cause Roenick wanted to act) and met him in the locker room. Murray and Clowe were there, wandering around.

Roenick told us that his shoulder injury would take a regular human 6-8 months to heal “but I’ll be back in 2 weeks.”

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I met Roenick once in the Shark’s locker room. I’m sure I told this story before but I was a young filmmaker and we wanted an athlete to act in something so we emailed his manager (cause Roenick wanted to act) and met him in the locker room. Murray and Clowe were there, wandering around.

Roenick told us that his shoulder injury would take a regular human 6-8 months to heal “but I’ll be back in 2 weeks.”
Lol what a man

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

89b80a52-17b5-48ba-92ed-1b240612e5bb_text.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Saginaw throttled Moose Jaw in yesterday's Memorial Cup semi-final, so Halttunen and London will face the host Spirit in an all-OHL final tomorrow afternoon.

I'm sure Marleau would've taken 3 years to heal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm mildly sad I never went to a Langley Rivermen game to watch Beaupit play last season while he was still a prospect. Granted it's been pretty obvious he wasn't going to be in the Sharks' plans for like 2+ years now but I rarely get to see SJ prospects on local/hometown teams.

It's mostly down to laziness too as the arena is mildly inconvenient to get to from where I live (comparatively I can get to Vancouver Giants games that are also in Langley in like 10 minutes) and it's kind of a dumpy old barn.

I also might've been tempted to get a jersey except the Rivermen changed their unis this year from a cool double-blue-and-cream setup that was reminiscent of the cannon logo alts the Blue Jackets once wore to a really bland and boring navy blue and white design that they argue is "cleaner" when they just mean "simpler"

Reactions: Sandisfan

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Drove me crazy how he wouldn't shoot the puck. Obviously the greatest Shark of all time, but man sometimes you just have to take the shot.
The only coach ever able to get him in a shooting mindset was Keenan. After Keenan was fired and Ftorek took over he kept shooting the next while, but after thr lockout came back shooting not much lol

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Wiesblatt scores Milwaukee's only goal last night, but Admirals are now down 2 games to 0 vs. Coachella Valley in the Western Conference finals. IMO looks like we might be headed for a rematch of last year's Calder Cup finals.

• Wow
Reactions: Star Platinum

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm mildly sad I never went to a Langley Rivermen game to watch Beaupit play last season while he was still a prospect. Granted it's been pretty obvious he wasn't going to be in the Sharks' plans for like 2+ years now but I rarely get to see SJ prospects on local/hometown teams.

It's mostly down to laziness too as the arena is mildly inconvenient to get to from where I live (comparatively I can get to Vancouver Giants games that are also in Langley in like 10 minutes) and it's kind of a dumpy old barn.

I also might've been tempted to get a jersey except the Rivermen changed their unis this year from a cool double-blue-and-cream setup that was reminiscent of the cannon logo alts the Blue Jackets once wore to a really bland and boring navy blue and white design that they argue is "cleaner" when they just mean "simpler"
I thought the Giants played at PNE?

• Wow

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I thought the Giants played at PNE?

Not since like 2016. The Pacific Coliseum chose not to renew their lease so they could use all the old hockey game dates to host traveling shows like Disney on Ice, other traveling sports (like tennis) or concerts and whatnot. I think it also gets used a lot for tv/movies filming in Vancouver that need a pro sports sized arena (like Miracle).

So for the last 7 or 8 years they've played here at the Langley Events Centre. It's a much smaller arena (max hockey capacity is something like 5,400) but that's not terribly out of whack with most WHL arenas that aren't current/former NHL ones. The Rivermen used to play there but they were booted to the George Preston Rec Centre in nearby Brookswood as a result.

The Giants had previously played a half-dozen games at the LEC in 2010 when they were displaced from Vancouver because of the Olympics.

As far as I know their lease runs another 2 or 3 years and I think they're pretty happy here even if the attendance is kind of fairweather sometimes (there were times in the last couple years where they averaged like 3700-3800 people per game). Plus I get get season tickets for like 35 games for $500-700 and get to and from the rink within 10-20 minutes. What's not to like? :P

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Not since like 2016. The Pacific Coliseum chose not to renew their lease so they could use all the old hockey game dates to host traveling shows like Disney on Ice, other traveling sports (like tennis) or concerts and whatnot. I think it also gets used a lot for tv/movies filming in Vancouver that need a pro sports sized arena (like Miracle).

So for the last 7 or 8 years they've played here at the Langley Events Centre. It's a much smaller arena (max hockey capacity is something like 5,400) but that's not terribly out of whack with most WHL arenas that aren't current/former NHL ones. The Rivermen used to play there but they were booted to the George Preston Rec Centre in nearby Brookswood as a result.

The Giants had previously played a half-dozen games at the LEC in 2010 when they were displaced from Vancouver because of the Olympics.

As far as I know their lease runs another 2 or 3 years and I think they're pretty happy here even if the attendance is kind of fairweather sometimes (there were times in the last couple years where they averaged like 3700-3800 people per game). Plus I get get season tickets for like 35 games for $500-700 and get to and from the rink within 10-20 minutes. What's not to like? :P
Ah. That’s too bad. I used to live pretty much a street away on the other side of Hastings. So close where I could charge for parking.

Jul 10, 2010
If Beaupit doesn't sign an ELC that means that'll be two consecutive goalies we drafted who ended up re-entering the draft (Gaudreau). Neither is good, but it wouldn't kill to actually draft and keep players at our weakest position prospect-wise.
he ended up in JrA this year... typically not a great sign

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
London down 2-0 after 1 period of the Memorial Cup final. And they only have 1 shot to boot. Not a great start.

not prospect related but draft related: Zayne Parekh was taken off the ice late in the 1st after he was elbowed in the head by a London player. The player was ejected and it turns out he's a Blues 6th round pick last year and the son of former NHL part-timer Jon Sim (who was screaming "that's bullshit" at the ref even though it was a super blatant elbow)

Also shoutout to the rinkside reporter (I think her name is Julia Tocheri?) 1) she's asking good questions and not just the cookie-cutter stuff and 2) they do the interviews on the ice and she goes out on skates to conduct them. :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
London down 2-0 after 1 period of the Memorial Cup final. And they only have 1 shot to boot. Not a great start.

not prospect related but draft related: Zayne Parekh was taken off the ice late in the 1st after he was elbowed in the head by a London player. The player was ejected and it turns out he's a Blues 6th round pick last year and the son of former NHL part-timer Jon Sim (who was screaming "that's bullshit" at the ref even though it was a super blatant elbow)

Also shoutout to the rinkside reporter (I think her name is Julia Tocheri?) 1) she's asking good questions and not just the cookie-cutter stuff and 2) they do the interviews on the ice and she goes out on skates to conduct them. :laugh:
Incredibly dirty hit on Parekh, kid has had a target on him all playoffs. Needs to bulk up but nothing really he could have done to avoid that hit—his head was up, the elbow came out at the last second.

I’ve seen some people say they don’t like the interviews being done on the ice but I actually think it’s kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad