Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Ok, so back in 1993 at a brainstorming session over at the NBC studio headquarters in Burbank, Dan Holm, who at the time was a promotional producer for the network came up with a slogan for the channel's Thursday night line-up called "Must See TV". At the time it was meant to "prop up", so to speak, their surplus of highly rated television shows, specifically on that night, which included not just their 8PM to 10PM comedy block(spearheaded, most noticeably, by Seinfeld, but also included Wings, Mad About You and the soon to debut Cheers spinoff - Frasier), but also their eventually their dramas such as ER. Eventually other shows joined in their Thursday "Must See TV" line-up such as Friends, Will & Grace, Veronica's Closet and many others. The night almost single-handedly shot NBC up to the top of the Nelson ratings during Prime Time where it remained for the better part of 15 years. The network tried to syphon some of that "must see" magic to their Tuesday night lineup as well to compete with ABC'S heavy duty schedule that had Home Improvement, Grace Under Fire and others. Again they tried it for the Weds line-up during the 96-97 season when they were firing on all cylinders with shows like News Radio, Men Behving Badly and then the Law & Order. All three nights thrived, but neither the Tuesday or Weds nights came remotely close to what their Thursday night line-up was able to accomplish.

Dan Holm continues to work as a Freelance Promotion Writer and Producer for NBCUniversal.

So, what I did was I took the phonetics of the name "Musty" and inferred that it sounded very similar to the words "Must See"

Must-y (Must-ee)

vs Must SEE

Therefore I coined Musty TV because of how similar it sounded to Must SEE TV.

All of this is basically my way of insinuating that once Quentin Musty makes the NHL roster, his boisterous personality not to mention his above average offensive skill will make watching the team play, particular whenever he is on the ice something that we should watch. Not just Sharks fans but all hockey fans who appreciate the game. Like fans of sitcoms of the '90s, whether it's the innocence of certain shows like 3rd Rock From The Sun, observational comedy like Seinfeld or the risque, adult-centric nature of Friends and even Mad About You, witnessing the meteoric rise of Quentin Musty from AHL show-off to NHL superstar is something we should all feel privileged to experience in real time.

Hence, Musty is MUST SEE TV.
Now explain it like I'm 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad