Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Incredibly dirty hit on Parekh, kid has had a target on him all playoffs. Needs to bulk up but nothing really he could have done to avoid that hit—his head was up, the elbow came out at the last second.

I’ve seen some people say they don’t like the interviews being done on the ice but I actually think it’s kinda cool.

I don't like the interviews that are done mid-period just because it seems weird to have the camera and reporter skate out during a stoppage and be on the ice while the teams are milling about, but doing the intermission interviews there instead of crammed onto the bench or in the tunnel is fine and I appreciate the novelty of them slapping skates on the interview crew too instead of rolling out a carpet or whatever.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nothing's impossible but London might be cooked. It's 3-0 Spirit at this point and London still only has 1 shot on goal at the 12 minute mark of the 2nd period.

Sucks for Halttunen but the glass half full view is that it's hard to be too mad when Saginaw chose "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston as their goal song. :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Nothing's impossible but London might be cooked. It's 3-0 Spirit at this point and London still only has 1 shot on goal at the 12 minute mark of the 2nd period.

Sucks for Halttunen but the glass half full view is that it's hard to be too mad when Saginaw chose "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston as their goal song. :laugh:
I was literally just about to say based purely on goal songs, I’m rooting for a dozen Saginaw goals and zero London goals. :laugh:

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
F***er made me listen to Chelsea Dagger. I’ll never forgive him.

It's 2029 and the Sharks are celebrating a Stanley Cup win with Conn Smythe winner Kasper Halttunen. And as the parade goes on everyone is cheering except you, standing in the back, death-glaring him, and holding a sign that just says "you know what you did."

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Saginaw has been by far the better team but looks deflated now. Feels like every chance is gonna end up in the back of their net. I don’t know that Oke has actually made a single real save today.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
One of the best juniors games I’ve ever seen.

I’m so happy for Saginaw, it’s always awesome to see the host team win the Mem Cup.
Especially since by the spirit of the tournament format, they don't really belong in the tournament. Always angers the so called hockey fans every year when they do win as a host team.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So Halttunen seems to have shown a lot of growth throughout the playoffs. Was it a good enough showing to justify sending him to the AHL? Or continue to be patient and let him keep going in the OHL?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So Halttunen seems to have shown a lot of growth throughout the playoffs. Was it a good enough showing to justify sending him to the AHL? Or continue to be patient and let him keep going in the OHL?
Back to OHL he had a good playoffs but a meh d+1, not truly his fault as London was a all star team basically that could afford to have him on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Hangemhigh

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He played 3rd line minutes and feasted on the powerplay.

I'd wager back to the OHL
This will probably be what happens but I'd prefer for them to bring anyone they're investing a contract into with the Barracuda as soon as possible. It's not as if they're overflowing with talent either. If a kid isn't ready for the whole season then use some load management. The earlier they're in, the earlier they find out what they need to do to get better. Juniors just isn't a great development league for the purposes of preparing them to play hockey against men.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Send him back to the OHL, he has no business at all being on a professional team right now.

Reactions: Friday
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad