GDT: SF - CAN vs. SUI May 25, 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Josi might be the best D at Worlds period. Rarely do you see a game where he isn't the best player on the ice when playing at Worlds.
He's up there.. I'd argue he might even be the best player in final 4. I'm a huge fan. But the 3 Swede D are amazing. Canada has some Beauts on the back end. US had some beauts as well. Plus Nemec on Slovakia.

Best Dmen I've seen at this tourney in a few years.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, not much a fella can do but hope they come out a different team in the third but if the Swiss get the next one it's gonna be really tough to win this one.

Worst start possible, they skated as if they were in mud. No excuse for that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
As far as i remember Genoni has received some NHL calls later in his hockey life, but at that point he wasn't really interested anymore

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I enjoy the adversity. Either Canada will score and win or not.

It's been fun watching the Swiss grow since I've been young. When I was younger they were a team that needed a hot goalie to steal a game and now they are the Semi's with a team that can play hockey and has stars in the NHL. The game has grown. This is good to see.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's actually true, but it's on my wishlist. Can you recommend?
As a Euro you might love Quebec City more than Montreal. Get Poutine. Strip clubs are the finest in Canada. Some nice mountains but East Coast so not on the level of the Alps or Rockies. Great cycling culture and lots of pathways. It's the most European Province by a mile.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Well, not much a fella can do but hope they come out a different team in the third but if the Swiss get the next one it's gonna be really tough to win this one.

They had a bit of momentum after the 2nd goal against late in the first. Hopefully they build off that. Hockey is a game of momentum.

Need to come out flying in the 2nd period

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I enjoy the adversity. Either Canada will score and win or not.

It's been fun watching the Swiss grow since I've been young. When I was younger they were a team that needed a hot goalie to steal a game and now they are the Semi's with a team that can play hockey and has stars in the NHL. The game has grown. This is good to see.

If Canada does lose to Switzerland it does set up an intriguing final.

Meanwhile, who cares more about the Bronze, a disappointing Sweden or a disappointing Canada? Lol.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Thanks for the positive spin, JJ. ;)

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Well that was a shitty period for Canada, powerplays were 3-0 in favor of Swiss that's to be expected, now still 40 minutes to play plenty of time to come back in this one but yeah not an easy task to come back against the Swiss. We need to play better not good enough

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Meanwhile, who cares more about the Bronze, a disappointing Sweden or a disappointing Canada? Lol.
If I'm being honest, that would be an awful game. They'll both be so pissed off and hungover.lol

FTR.. this is FAR from done. Poor start but Canada is Canada. If I'm Swiss.. I'm still very nervous.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
As a Euro you might love Quebec City more than Montreal. Get Poutine. Strip clubs are the finest in Canada. Some nice mountains but East Coast so not on the level of the Alps or Rockies. Great cycling culture and lots of pathways. It's the most European Province by a mile.
Quebec City is also the best, it's true.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

I never have any real "interest" in this tournament like I do others since it isn't best on best. I view it has a "development" tournament type thing ( although I know hockey Canada doesn't) and I like to see underdogs develop and make runs into the finals. This Canada team clearly has talent but it's NHL talent not international ice talent and they are getting outworked again.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If I'm being honest, that would be an awful game. They'll both be so pissed off and hungover.lol

FTR.. this is FAR from done. Poor start but Canada is Canada. If I'm Swiss.. I'm still very nervous.
Last year they had the best p.k in the tournament, it's so frigging crucial.

This year it has been pretty poor, they absolutely have to stay out of the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad