GDT: SF - CAN vs. SUI May 25, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Czech has better players than Sweden. Pastrnak, Necas etc. Those are world class forwards. Sweden doesn't have anything like that.

Hedman? Hasn't been good in years.
Karlsson? Past his prime.

The better team on paper won this game.

Josi is one of the best D in the world.
So we don’t have good enough players.
Pheeew…

Skip four nations!
Send the Czechs and Swiss instead!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The worst? Have you met us Czech posters, especially if the team selection is not what we wanted before the tournament? I refer you to our posts last year :)

Though I will say that the fans at the games are always amazing and support the team like crazy even if things are not going well. But us armchair warriors…
Canada's had so much success in recent years at the WC but we get down 2 goals and...

What have you done for us lately?!?!

I'm Canadian, dude! We're never blown out, we're going to come out like caged animals in the 2nd.
I agree. We will tie it at some point.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I am an esti Anglo. There are many Anlgos in Quebec although the Francos are the majority.

The vast majority of Quebecers are bilingual, speak both French & English well.

The reason people think that it is only French is because of the political/social issues that are exacerbated by our politicians.
I agree I'm Franco Ontarian and you have a lot more Franco who speak english then you have Anglo who can speak french

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I am an esti Anglo. There are many Anlgos in Quebec although the Francos are the majority.

The reason people think that it is only French is because of the political/social issues that are exacerbated by our politicians.
That may be true. It doesn't mean they will speak English.

Reactions: Summer Rose

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011

I wasn’t really serious. It’s France that is like that. Even though they’ve been saved by the English and Americans. Don’t like to speak English.

Reactions: Summer Rose

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wasn’t really serious. It’s France that is like that. Even though they’ve been saved by the English and Americans. Don’t like to speak English.

What's funny about France is that they were quite polite and receptive to my French (taught in school without Quebec accents and slang) and my friend who is a francophone from Quebec was constantly ridiculed for the quality of his Quebecois French, which is his first language.

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
Rooting for SUI. We have some unfinished bussiness with them, almost always when they beat us at WC, they had practically all of their top NHL players and we didn´t. Now when Nečas, Pasta and Zacha came, the strength would be even (still we are not in a full strength without Hronek, Hertl, Jiříček, Chytil etc.), but I believe we should grab the gold. But of course, they are playing against Canada, so it could be Canada or Swiss in the finals. 2-0 is nothing in ice hockey. And I think Swiss main weapon is PP. Do not play dirty, Radko Gudas, do you hear me? :D :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad