OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Nobody likes you.
im-good-enough-im-smart-enough.gif

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Should know tomorrow night or so whether it's another tickle or The Full Monty
We have a game Saturday afternoon. Kraken make their first visit to UBS. I have friends coming in from Vancouver on Friday night for this game. So you stop this nonsense about snow right now!

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hey guys. So I am trying to take some tests needed to get certified for teaching in South Carolina on Friday. Am I good to go for signing up to take the test on Friday or is there any potential for the snow to f*** me? I am in Suffolk. Patchogue to be exact.

Also, FYI to any potential teachers out there. Never take the Emergency COVID Certification upon graduation if offered. You eventually have to take the tests and waiting until you are actually teaching is a pain. If any of you elementary teachers have resources for the CST's DM me :).

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Hey guys. So I am trying to take some tests needed to get certified for teaching in South Carolina on Friday. Am I good to go for signing up to take the test on Friday or is there any potential for the snow to f*** me? I am in Suffolk. Patchogue to be exact.

Also, FYI to any potential teachers out there. Never take the Emergency COVID Certification upon graduation if offered. You eventually have to take the tests and waiting until you are actually teaching is a pain. If any of you elementary teachers have resources for the CST's DM me :).

I’m confused… Are you taking a South Carolina issued teacher certification exam in NYS? Or, are you taking NYS certification and South Carolina provides reciprocity for interstate certification?

Also for you other teachers and/or Public Service employees that still have educational loans… I strongly suggest you look into the Public Service Loan Forgiveness PSLF program. The FedGov created a sweeping one year temporary adjustment to the eligibility requirements.

Many people who were wrongfully denied or misled into the wrong loan types are now eligible. But you have to act before this upcoming October.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I’m confused… Are you taking a South Carolina issued teacher certification exam in NYS? Or, are you taking NYS certification and South Carolina provides reciprocity for interstate certification?

Also for you other teachers and/or Public Service employees that still have educational loans… I strongly suggest you look into the Public Service Loan Forgiveness PSLF program. The FedGov created a sweeping one year temporary adjustment to the eligibility requirements.

Many people who were wrongfully denied or misled into the wrong loan types are now eligible. But you have to act before this upcoming October.

SC won't take my emergency covid certification (only difference is I did not take one of my CST's). I did my edTPA and EAS. So they want me to just get the regular certification for NY for reciprocity.

Not to brag but I paid off my loans. :nod:

Last edited:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004

you should be good on Friday Day . Friday night through saturday is the likely impact time....maybe some light snow/flurries late friday afternoon, but thats about it as of now.

Good luck with the tests, I don't envy all the hoops ya'll have to go through nowadays to get certified. I'm like the last human alive with a permanent certification...

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
you should be good on Friday Day . Friday night through saturday is the likely impact time....maybe some light snow/flurries late friday afternoon, but thats about it as of now.

Good luck with the tests, I don't envy all the hoops ya'll have to go through nowadays to get certified. I'm like the last human alive with a permanent certification...

Still too early to call for LI? I was reading some models are now pushing it a bit more offshore.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Still too early to call for LI? I was reading some models are now pushing it a bit more offshore.
I'll feel better about it with tonights computer model run, but the US model had pushed a bit offshore, before lurching back west (higher impact) with this noon run. the important elements will be sampled with tonights models, so we'll have a better idea at that point - signs sill pointing to a relatively high impact event

Last edited:

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
I'll feel better about it with tomorrow nights run, but the US model had pushed a bit offshore, before lurching back west (higher impact) with this noon run. the important elements will be sampled with tonights models, so we'll have a better idea at that point - signs sill pointing to a relatively high impact event

Looking forward to your next post. Thanks again. I have family coming for Texas, and they want to be here for a “ big” one.

Reactions: TeamKidd

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I'll feel better about it with tonights computer model run, but the US model had pushed a bit offshore, before lurching back west (higher impact) with this noon run. the important elements will be sampled with tonights models, so we'll have a better idea at that point - signs sill pointing to a relatively high impact event

I'm trying to learn some of this stuff still it's like reading korean to me. Looks like the Euro has been most consistent with hitting us and it keeps looking using that model that it's gonna slam us.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I'm trying to learn some of this stuff still it's like reading korean to me. Looks like the Euro has been most consistent with hitting us and it keeps looking using that model that it's gonna slam us.
yes it has been more consistent and more impactful---typically that means it has a better handle on the situation than the model that is flip flopping around which is the US model...

to get wonky, tonights model runs will incorporate data from the actual wave as it enters the US west coast, giving us more reliable information than when it's out in the pacific ocean ...

Reactions: bstash19

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY

The last time I had to hope that a Euro consistently hit something was when I watched Oleg Kvasha's Islanders career....

Reactions: ML19

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Somewhere between Washington DC and Maine is going to get clobbered… the BEST chance, at this moment, is the farther northeast you go… think like eastern LI into Boston

But this is also 4 days out and, as Kidd said, the energy responsible is still over the Pacific

All we KNOW at this point is that there will be a very large storm somewhere off the coast. It could be a BIG one for us though if the cards fall the right way

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
As bad of a GM Milbury was, we really need to stop canning people for expressing controversial opinions. The p***yfication of our society is a really shitty thing, for multiple reasons. We are losing important elections because of this bullshit, and people are tired of being called out for every incongruity.

I

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
As bad of a GM Milbury was, we really need to stop canning people for expressing controversial opinions. The p***yfication of our society is a really shitty thing, for multiple reasons. We are losing important elections because of this bullshit, and people are tired of being called out for every incongruity.

I
Sir, this is a Wendy’s… I mean, a weather thread

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Somewhere between Washington DC and Maine is going to get clobbered… the BEST chance, at this moment, is the farther northeast you go… think like eastern LI into Boston

But this is also 4 days out and, as Kidd said, the energy responsible is still over the Pacific

All we KNOW at this point is that there will be a very large storm somewhere off the coast. It could be a BIG one for us though if the cards fall the right way
Agreed, max potential is 24 to 30 inches somewhere. Right now the Whopper Winner is eastern Mass. But obviously that will likely shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad