OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
What time? It could be an icy mess in CLT on Sunday

And Charlotte doesn't handle a wintry mix well. Take off at 7pm

Oh shit -- isnt that the route that Sully was flying when he hit a bird and landed in the Hudson?

f***in geese (Bailey)

Start driving down there today.

I'm coming BACK to CLT. Charlotte - La Guardia - Portland, Maine tomorrow and Portland - LaGuardia - Charlotte on Sunday.
Might be screwed...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

f***in geese (Bailey)

I'm coming BACK to CLT. Charlotte - La Guardia - Portland, Maine tomorrow and Portland - LaGuardia - Charlotte on Sunday.
Might be screwed...
Ufff. You might be.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011

f***in geese (Bailey)

Might be screwed...

Yeah. I think the precip will be over in CLT by the time you’d actually land in CLT, but up and down the east coast is gonna be messy so I imagine travel delays galore for all involved

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Yeah. It will be a strong storm regardless… but this storm is going to be a thread the needle type for the coast if you want snow. No high anchored north of the region means tough sledding

Yeah that is true, no big high, but there will be plenty of cold siphoning from the offshore low blowing up Nova Scotia, models typically have issues pushing out the cold air too fast and underestimating the cold air damming...even with the models nudging the storm eastward with the 12z runs, a snow to rain solution is the most likely right now.

i'm still rooting for snow tho, isn't that how science works? throw out all the models that you dont like? lol

Reactions: Riseonfire

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah that is true, no big high, but there will be plenty of cold siphoning from the offshore low blowing up Nova Scotia, models typically have issues pushing out the cold air too fast and underestimating the cold air damming...even with the models nudging the storm eastward with the 12z runs, a snow to rain solution is the most likely right now.

i'm still rooting for snow tho, isn't that how science works? throw out all the models that you dont like? lol

it is the way the science works haha.

I don’t think the low tracks off the coast though, that’s the problem. I think it runs from the Mid-Atlantic into eastern PA

you need it off the coast for any hope of anything more than snow on the front end it is that the ULL responsible speeds up so it can get off the coast before the confluence to our north exits stage right. I don’t see that happening though

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
A9463483-F4FF-4D3B-A43F-C0F65D4CEF4C.jpeg
….

Sort of like being optimistic about this season when the latest models project us as having a 2.6% chance of making the playoffs?

Attachments

• E92835D7-E412-435E-8EE0-38C36D8D2687.png
    E92835D7-E412-435E-8EE0-38C36D8D2687.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
it is the way the science works haha.

I don’t think the low tracks off the coast though, that’s the problem. I think it runs from the Mid-Atlantic into eastern PA

you need it off the coast for any hope of anything more than snow on the front end it is that the ULL responsible speeds up so it can get off the coast before the confluence to our north exits stage right. I don’t see that happening though

Ok Ok I relent. It's gonna rain. models remarkably consistent, pretty amazing actually. MLK Rain Day!

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Just a heads up, possible significant storm for this weekend. Exact track to be determined, but the possibility exists for a high impact event saturday-ish.

Saturday! So you're telling me I have to shovel and I don't get a day off?! Let's push this up to Friday please. Otherwise I have to start the...

"Does @TeamKidd Hate @CupHolders" poll thread

:sarcasm:

Reactions: PK Cronin

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
Good stuff. I see locals picking up on the potential, which usually means absolutely nothing. But, to see it here has my interest!

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad