OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Between 3-4 inches in northeast Queens. The sun was out as of 9:30.

Pretty much the same in Western Queens. I had to trek into work this morning, but I'm hoping that the sun will take care of most of the snow before I get home so I don't have to do much shovelling.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pretty much the same in Western Queens. I had to trek into work this morning, but I'm hoping that the sun will take care of most of the snow before I get home so I don't have to do much shovelling.
I did the front walk and steps. I’ll let the sun take care of the car.

Reactions: Strummergas

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I did the front walk and steps. I’ll let the sun take care of the car.

Somewhere the Barry Trotz of snow removal is shaking his/her head at your lack of attention to the details! :sarcasm:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I was in Nashville on Thursday when this storm came thru before it hit the ny metro area. My god people in Tennessee can’t drive worth a shit.

Reactions: NittanyIsle and MJF

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Lots of storm potential coming, that would be a whopper if true, one for the record books. Unlikely but still a storm chance or 3 starting around the 15th

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Freaking brutal out there today, stay safe folks.

Looking ahead, with the cold air mass in place for the foreseeable future, there's the possibility (albeit not certain by any means) of snow events this weekend (Fri/Saturday) and next Monday. Something to keep an eye on over the next few days.

Regardless, we've seemed to enter a pretty favorable period from now until the first week or so of February at least where conditions for snow will be favorable. I doubt last Friday's event will be the last we see of significant snow totals across the region.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looking ahead, with the cold air mass in place for the foreseeable future, there's the possibility (albeit not certain by any means) of snow events this weekend (Fri/Saturday) and next Monday. Something to keep an eye on over the next few days.
Shut your mouth!

-Isaac Hayes (feat. Telma Hopkins), "Theme From Shaft".

Reactions: NYI365

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Meh. Favorable patterns usually end in disappointment from a snow lovers perspective lol

I think next Sunday night into Monday is very interesting but that could also end up being a rain event

the canon is loaded, but it could also blow up in our faces lol

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Good to open this thread and get some good 'ol PTSD from remote learning. NYCDOE 10th grade science teacher / chair.

This is the craziest year by far.

And to be on topic: It's cold as f***, scientifically speaking.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Meh. Favorable patterns usually end in disappointment from a snow lovers perspective lol

I think next Sunday night into Monday is very interesting but that could also end up being a rain event

the canon is loaded, but it could also blow up in our faces lol

Water cannon is definitely loaded...Major storm setting up for MLK day, too early to write off an all snow solution, but as of now looks like snow to heavy rain, winds and coastal flooding. stay tuned!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Water cannon is definitely loaded...Major storm setting up for MLK day, too early to write off an all snow solution, but as of now looks like snow to heavy rain, winds and coastal flooding. stay tuned!

f***ing Bailey

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Ah perfect. I will be in Seattle then (catching the Kraken as well). Glad I can possibly avoid this.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah. It will be a strong storm regardless… but this storm is going to be a thread the needle type for the coast if you want snow. No high anchored north of the region means tough sledding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad