Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Boro is so bad lol. The day Wolanin is playing over him will be a prosperous one.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No, play Boro anywhere but a #6 role and this is what you get. He could be playing with Karlsson, but he'd still be awful playing 20+ minutes vs the best players.
Agreed the skilled fast players just eat him up . He can't compete against them. He's out of his element. If they do that vs Toronto its going to be worse

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Can't blame Anderson. We aren't going to be in most games where we let 40+ shots on net, he did his part tonight.
Anderson has been down this road before. It is just a matter of time before he starts chewing out his "d" after seeing (or not seeing) 40 plus shots a game! He doesn't want to end his career with a basement dwelling team! Trade request sooner than later, if the market is there. ie a few injuries in the goaltending dept. around the league.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Formenton and Boedker have nice chemistry. Connected on a few nice plays that could’ve gone in. Too bad Forms missed that empty net.

Reactions: robsenz

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
I don't think there is anything we can do on D. We just don't have the personnel. Realistically all of our D should be playing 17-18mins a night at most but that leaves us with a 6-9min gap. Everyone will have to play in over their head at some point unless someone takes a leap.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think there is anything we can do on D. We just don't have the personnel. Realistically all of our D should be playing 17-18mins a night at most but that leaves us with a 6-9min gap. Everyone will have to play in over their head at some point unless someone takes a leap.
Yup. Seems like every one is just too high up the depth chart.

Maybe a Wolanin and/or Jaros can come in and kill it mid season.

Reactions: West Coast Eagles

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
did not watch the game, some one please tell me a short, detailed analysis of the game. players that stood out, players that didn’t, any one or anything worth getting excited for ?? was this game fun to watch?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Anderson has been down this road before. It is just a matter of time before he starts chewing out his "d" after seeing (or not seeing) 40 plus shots a game! He doesn't want to end his career with a basement dwelling team! Trade request sooner than later, if the market is there. ie a few injuries in the goaltending dept. around the league.

Those 40 shots weren’t that bad in this one.

The shot totals are misleading IMO.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
did not watch the game, some one please tell me a short, detailed analysis of the game. players that stood out, players that didn’t, any one or anything worth getting excited for ?? was this game fun to watch?
Decent game, high energy but sloppy on both ends. Lots of missed chances for the Sens but also a ton of shots against as per usual.

Standouts for me

Boedkker
Formenton
Lajoie
Stone
Smith
White

Bad nights

Boro
Ceci
Tierney

The rest were decent but not standouts imo. Could be missing a name or two in there.

Nice game for the kids, if anything the vets held us back. You can tell the D will be the main issue going forward, just not enough talent and almost everyone should be a notch or two down on the depth chart.

Reactions: Tundraman

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Agreed that Boucher overplayed Ceci and Boro. The kids had better games. Boucher doesn't want to overwhelm them (his infamous don't feed them steak comment) but these "kids" have to grow up fast. Boro and Ceci have peaked and should not be part of the future top 6 so there is no sense giving more ice time when it's obvious they can't handle it either and likely never will.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Honestly the scoresheet gives a reasonably accurate indication of how most played in the game. However, Stone and Boedker were good despite the scoresheet

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White 13:47 , Boedker 13:04 and Formenton 10:06 with the least ice time among the forwards

The D ice was more evenly distributed
Ceci 22:09
Boro 21:39
Chabot 21:07
Wideman 19:59
Lajoie 18:53
Demelo 16:21

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
From what I got to see tonight, that seemed to go about as well as one could expect. Definitely seems like they're playing more aggressive. White and Lajoie played well and picked up points. Formenton generated a ton. Anderson wasn't a total sieve. Chabot looked good.

The sore spot is obviously Boro and Ceci. They just terrible. Tierney and Boedker are incredibly mediocre. As long as they stay in the bottom 6 there's nothing wrong with that. Demelo obviously sucks as well but he's not getting a lot of minutes so not really a big problem there.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Entertaining

Stone usual self
Lajoie was great
Boedkker was great as was Forementon. They seem to be clicking
Boro and Ceci were the weakest links
The organization dropped medicine balls on people in the stands prior to the game

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
White 13:47 , Boedker 13:04 and Formenton 10:06 with the least ice time among the forwards

The D ice was more evenly distributed
Ceci 22:09
Boro 21:39
Chabot 21:07
Wideman 19:59
Lajoie 18:53
Demelo 16:21
That seems way out of wack for how they all performed tonight. Dont feed steak to babies i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad