Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sure but at the end of the day what counts is how many goals you let in
They have over 600 NHL games combined
Sens count on them
They have to be more reliable

Toews goal was all on Boro not playing the 1 on 1 properly and maybe White for not covering when ceci pinched.

Seabrook goal you can blame Ceci for not corralling the puck to allow Kane to get it behind the net, but Boro's got to make it harder to get that pass through, and somebody (I'm looking at you Bobby) has got to pick up Seabrooke. Duchene is all over his guy, Bobby is coasting doing nothing.

The problem is people want to focus on a scapegoat. Ceci made a good read to try and intercept the pass but couldn't get a handle on the hard pass. crap happens, but you got to pick up the pinching d, you have to make it harder than Boro did to get that pass out.

Reactions: Vprime and Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

This is what I'm talking about. They don't think quick enough and can't react quick enough. Ceci fumbles the puck, and once that happens it becomes frantic.

Both guys are on/below the goal line and facing the boards leaving the front completely exposed for any pinching D or forward.

They can't be on the ice together as a shutdown pairing when neither guy is particularly good at defence.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
We need good or better goal tending every game.. Mediocre and below won't cut it. I think we had mediocre goal tending tonight.

Man I just don't know how we watch the same game sometimes. Both goalies let in one softie. Anderson also stopped what 42 shots or so?

Honestly I think you're expecting way too much. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Brethers

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ceci didn't go behind the goal line, he went to the post. Boro is the only one that chased Kane back there.
Take a look at the video. Both guys are on/below the goal line and facing the boards. Neither guy played that right. Ceci needs to skate with and pin/disrupt him, Boro needs to watch the front of the net. Both guys just stand and stare at the boards leaving the front completely open.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Man I just don't know how we watch the same game sometimes. Both goalies let in one softie. Anderson also stopped what 42 shots or so?

I thought Andy was ok. He gave us a chance to win, and we had enough scoring chances to win, we just didn't cash in. Formenton or Boedker put away one of their chances and it's a different story.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I thought Ward out played Anderson ,, I don't know the shot totals. I don't fault Andy on Kane's goal at all. Debrincat's he should have. So maybe he was better than mediocre but my point is we will need good goaltending to win because we are going to give up a lot.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Ceci didn't go behind the goal line, he went to the post. Boro is the only one that chased Kane back there.
Technically at 4 sec of Bondratime video both Ceci and Boro have 2 feet behind the goal line but thats not the point
Point is we cannot count on them for offence like Chabot Wideman or Lajoie so they have to be reliable D-wise wich they were not tonight

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I thought Ward out played Anderson ,, I don't know the shot totals. I don't fault Andy on Kane's goal at all. Debrincat's he should have. So maybe he was better than mediocre but my point is we will need good goaltending to win because we are going to give up a lot.
43-25 Chicago.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I thought Andy was ok. He gave us a chance to win, and we had enough scoring chances to win, we just didn't cash in. Formenton or Boedker put away one of their chances and it's a different story.
Exactly
If Formenton is just a little 1 for 4 on his chances we win
They will get better
Kids are so young

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

One softie? Definitely two. Could argue the OT goal as well. He was below average. Not good enough.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Take a look at the video. Both guys are on/below the goal line and facing the boards. Neither guy played that right. Ceci needs to skate with and pin/disrupt him, Boro needs to watch the front of the net. Both guys just stand and stare at the boards leaving the front completely open.

I'm not saying they played it perfect, I'm saying there was a lot more wrong on that play than just Ceci getting caught flat footed because he couldn't corral the puck. Ryan picks up Seabrook and nobody is taking about it. There were lots of times I was shaking my head at plays by our D, but amounted to nothing. Ceci didn't stand out in a bad way imo partially because everybody had a rough night, he just happened to be on the ice against finishers unlike Wideman and Chabot or DeMelo so everybody scours the replays and picks it apart.

I fully agree that those two shouldn't be paired together, I'd like to see a puckmover with each (that seabrook goal is probably out of the zone if it's not Boro trying to clear it off the boards earlier).

Reactions: Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm not saying they played it perfect, I'm saying there was a lot more wrong on that play than just Ceci getting caught flat footed because he couldn't corral the puck. Ryan picks up Seabrook and nobody is taking about it. There were lots of times I was shaking my head at plays by our D, but amounted to nothing. Ceci didn't stand out in a bad way imo partially because everybody had a rough night, he just happened to be on the ice against finishers unlike Wideman and Chabot or DeMelo so everybody scours the replays and picks it apart.

I fully agree that those two shouldn't be paired together, I'd like to see a puckmover with each (that seabrook goal is probably out of the zone if it's not Boro trying to clear it off the boards earlier).
Didn't really need to scour the replay, it was a glaring misplay in numerous ways that resulted in a goal.

Missed clear
Bungled puck
Neither D goes to the correct spot
Neither D in front of the net
Both D facing the end boards
Results in a goal against

Would be picking that apart regardless who it involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad