OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
The f***ing road should be 60km/h and there are speed traps all along the road - completely safe road with sidewalks to travel down and traffic lights and of course it’s just a money grab and training people to think they should be monitored and their every single move they make is caught and judged by a camera

Photo radar is anti human and anti social. Training for Canadians to be monitored like they are in England 24/7 when they are outside and sent tickets from a computer.

It’s technology controlling the masses in an instance when they Don’t need controlling
I have a street permit. In the course of a day and a half, I got 3 tickets for parking past the posted time and a notification that I was going to be towed. It was 1 Full Day after the last notice, towing, when I went to my car. That shiws that dumbdumb didn't see my pass..in the window...next to the tickets they put on. Or ignored the pass. Sooo. I have to take a picture of each infraction, 4 of 'em and my fckn permit. Then go on line and submit an individual report for each one with a picture. 2 tickets and the towing where waived, the third they wouldn't. This tells me multiple people got my reports. I was not able to refile it. So I paid the fckr instead of going in to contest it. Before you could just go down to city hall and talk with somebody and get cleared up lickity split. I have even got tickets because my pass had expired and they said "No problem. You buy passes all the time. Let's get rid of that ticket for you." So much easier working from home, we get so much done. Get wrecked!

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I have a street permit. In the course of a day and a half, I got 3 tickets for parking past the posted time and a notification that I was going to be towed. It was 1 Full Day after the last notice, towing, when I went to my car. That shiws that dumbdumb didn't see my pass..in the window...next to the tickets they put on. Or ignored the pass. Sooo. I have to take a picture of each infraction, 4 of 'em and my fckn permit. Then go on line and submit an individual report for each one with a picture. 2 tickets and the towing where waived, the third they wouldn't. This tells me multiple people got my reports. I was not able to refile it. So I paid the fckr instead of going in to contest it. Before you could just go down to city hall and talk with somebody and get cleared up lickity split. I have even got tickets because my pass had expired and they said "No problem. You buy passes all the time. Let's get rid of that ticket for you." So much easier working from home, we get so much done. Get wrecked!
This is beyond frustrating. It happens to me when I pay for street parking somewhere, put my receipt/pass on the dashboard and still get a ticket that I have to waste time disputing online because municipalities are never going to operate in a timely manner.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
This is beyond frustrating. It happens to me when I pay for street parking somewhere, put my receipt/pass on the dashboard and still get a ticket that I have to waste time disputing online because municipalities are never going to operate in a timely manner.
It's fun in the winter. If it snowed a bit...they just ticket and don't brush a small spot to see the permit. Permits go on the driver side dash corner.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
It's fun in the winter. If it snowed a bit...they just ticket and don't brush a small spot to see the permit. Permits go on the driver side dash corner.
Loach,

I made an accidental discovery some 42 years ago. I try and keep it as hidden as possible. For the most part, I minimize who I tell.

You and the guys on HFboards are like family. So, I will share.

It is called "a Vote".. No shit. Every 1-6 years (a weakness of the parliamentary system. They tell us when we can vote for them!!!), we can vote for government.

At the low end; school board trustee. Then city Councillor. Mayor. And sadly another weakness the Brits left us with, we can vote for an MPP who by virtue of numbers will produce a Premier. And we can vote for an MP, who will translate into a Prime Minister.

Guard this secret, we don't need it to come out and have everyone know. The less that people know, the better. At least for the Politicians.

Now, it gets better. Another discovery. You can vote for whoever you want.. No seriously. I am not making this shit up.

And, you have the right to influence others. No shit. I mean, you can reach out to as many people as possible to influence them on who to vote for (or not vote for).

Now, there is a hard part! It is the part, I have a hard time believing. Through your vote and others, all you need is to have the most votes to win. And so in a Country like Canada with its 3 parties and 2-4 other candidates that run in Federal and provincial elections. And the 3-10 people who run for Mayor. The 3-6 people who will run for Council. The 2-4 people who will run for school board trustee. Pretty much guarantees that most candidates win by 1-10% of the vote max. And since only 60-65% of all eligible people who can vote do so, It means the net win margin is 1- 6%.

In Ottawa, 6% of the total eligible voters are 50,000 for Mayer. Approximately 2,000 votes for any district. Approximately 5,000 for any MPP and MP riding.

So here I am floored by all of this... Isn't it amazing? 2,000 votes knocks off a Councillor. 5,000 an MPP or MP and with them, the Premier and Prime Minister.

"The Meek shall inherit the earth".. if they weren't too stupid to understand it.
"united we stand, divided we fall", if we weren't too stupid to understand it.

Try and remember the tickets at the voting booth. Try and remember your family and friends, co-workers, neighbours and so on... 2,000 votes gets your City Councillor, UN-employed.

I was raised with the most incredible neighbours to the South (not here). They understood the above and lo and behold, they succeed, we don't...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Loach,

I made an accidental discovery some 42 years ago. I try and keep it as hidden as possible. For the most part, I minimize who I tell.

It is called "a Vote".. No shit. Every 1-6 years (a weakness of the parliamentary system. They tell us when we can vote for them!!!), we can vote for government.

At the low end; school board trustee. Then city Councillor. Mayor. And sadly another weakness the Brits left us with, we can vote for an MPP who by virtue of numbers will produce a Premier. And we can vote for an MP, who will translate into a Prime Minister.

Guard this secret, we don't need it to come out and have everyone know. The less that people know, the better. At least for the Politicians.

Now, it gets better. Another discovery. You can vote for whoever you want.. No seriously. I am not making this shit up.

And, you have the right to influence others. No shit. I mean, you can reach out to as many people as possible to influence them on who to vote for (or not vote for).

Now, there is a hard part! It is the part, I have a hard time believing. Through your vote and others, all you need is to have the most votes to win. And so in a Country like Canada with its 3 parties and 2-4 other candidates that run in Federal and provincial elections. And the 3-10 people who run for Mayor. The 3-6 people who will run for Council. The 2-4 people who will run for school board trustee. Pretty much guarantees that most candidates win by 1-10% of the vote max. And since only 60-65% of all eligible people who can vote do so, It means the net win margin is 1- 6%.

In Ottawa, 6% of the total eligible voters are 50,000 for Mayer. Approximately 2,000 votes for any district. Approximately 5,000 for any MPP and MP riding.

So here I am floored by all of this... Isn't it amazing? 2,000 votes knocks off a Councillor. 5,000 an MPP or MP and with them, the Premier and Prime Minister.

"The Meek shall inherit the earth".. if they weren't too stupid to understand it.

Try and remember the tickets at the voting booth. Try and remember your family and friends, co-workers, neighbours and so on... 2,000 votes gets your City Councillor, UN-employed.

I was raised with the most incredible neighbours to the South (not here). They understood the above and lo and behold, they succeed, we don't...
I don’t see how voting, changes what a by-law officer does.

Reactions: Masked and Loach

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Loach,

I'm struggling to see how this connects to meter maids not seeing your parking pass after a light snow....

• Haha
Reactions: coladin and Loach

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Last month I got a ticket on Bank waiting for an elderly couple to finish using the machine. It was so fast I couldn't believe it. I went on line and showed my pass and the time of the ticket and it was 3 minutes and explained. Got an emailed 2 days later saying the fine was waived.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Loach,

Who are you talking to and what about?

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Apparently me. About what is to be determined.
1724273531816.png

Reactions: maclean and milkbag

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The f***ing road should be 60km/h and there are speed traps all along the road - completely safe road with sidewalks to travel down and traffic lights and of course it’s just a money grab and training people to think they should be monitored and their every single move they make is caught and judged by a camera

Photo radar is anti human and anti social. Training for Canadians to be monitored like they are in England 24/7 when they are outside and sent tickets from a computer.

It’s technology controlling the masses in an instance when they Don’t need controlling
The City had a statutory, default speed limit of 50 km/h on all streets within the urban area in keeping with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. In 2015, Ontario modified the Highway Traffic Act to allow municipalities to override the default 50km/h urban speed limit. Photo radar was legalized in 2019 in Ontario.

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Google the town of Sonya in Kawartha lakes. 40 km/h. .....there are 4 houses. Use satelite and zoom in.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The City had a statutory, default speed limit of 50 km/h on all streets within the urban area in keeping with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. In 2015, Ontario modified the Highway Traffic Act to allow municipalities to override the default 50km/h urban speed limit. Photo radar was legalized in 2019 in Ontario.

If you ou 50% tax and drive on a completely safe road if you go 10Km over the speed nobody should give a shit

photo radar is a money grab and it’s the first step to the surveillance state. It has nothing to do with safety and it’s a cheap way of the state getting more Money from your pocket plain and simple

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So the Kona N I bought came with winter tires on the stock rims...I never noticed this...but this is good. I wanted the stock rims as my winters anyways.

So I got some new rims and new performance summer tires. The rims just came in today. Such a big upgrade over stock for looks. Just waiting for the tires to come in. Hopefully tomorrow.

Reactions: Loach

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You guys crack me up lol.

I saw the reflection and was like "oh shit...awww who cares, they won't say anything" lol

I've been really working out my right shoulder specifically.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You guys crack me up lol.

I saw the reflection and was like "oh shit...awww who cares, they won't say anything" lol

I've been really working out my right shoulder specifically.
I know a lot of guys get married and end up really working out their right arms.

• Haha
Reactions: StoicSensFan

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Show me the hottest girl in the world and I'll show you a guy that's gotten bored of plowing her.
I can't post a picture of her on here; I will probably get an infraction for it. But Demi Rose, and if anyone is sick of plowing her, they have a mental illness and need help.
Would the left arm be considered cheating?
Seeing as only 12% of males are left-handed, I figured I would just go with the highest probability, covering the widest spectrum

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I can't post a picture of her on here; I will probably get an infraction for it. But Demi Rose, and if anyone is sick of plowing her, they have a mental illness and need help.

Seeing as only 12% of males are left-handed, I figured I would just go with the highest probability, covering the widest spectrum
doesn't using your bad hand feel like a stranger?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad