Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What's crazy is this guy was the most athletic QB in the league not named Lamar and that shit seems to have completly vanished in the ether, dude barely looks like he can move anymore.
I heard a great comparison yesterday.

Vick went to prison and was completely out of the game for two seasons. He came back and was still able to mostly do the same stuff.

Watson was out a whole season. Then he did return foe Browns camp but then missed the next 11 game. When he finally played, he was bad. Lost his entire feel for the passing game. Something got lost and looks to be gone forever in his head. He can’t read defenses or time passes.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yeah, but all jokes aside, he had an ACL tear in college and another in the NFL as a rookie. When he returned he was still mobile. But, has not shown that ability in Cleveland.

End of the day Cleveland is stuck. Seems like they are the Bears during Grossman/Trubisky, Texans during Watt's prime at QB, with an top level Defence and getting very little help at the QB position.

in the end my theory is "F the Browns", both parties deserve each other

Reactions: TheAngryHank

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
in the end my theory is "F the Browns", both parties deserve each other
Pretty much. Browns went full simple jack and paid big money and assets to acquire the guy. Everyone knew the guaranteed money was a mistake

Gave him a reduction in base salary to help the guy avoid and potential losses for suspensions.

They can enjoy the mess they created

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think my favorite part of this how saga is how big of a carny Tony Buzbee is.

In the NBC article he goes on to explain the video won't be shown for two weeks because he is currently busy representing one of the families involved in the Titan Sub gongshow. Like he has to flex he's involved in yet another high profile lawsuit.

Maybe it's carny, or maybe he's just nuts. This is the same guy who parked a tank on his front lawn and dared the local HOA to try and tow it away. The Complete Story of the River Oaks Tank

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Browns have a perfect excuse to get this guy out of the line of fire and allow him to focus on his legal issues. Meanwhile, they should have their entire legal team looking into ways to terminate his contract.

There should be absolutely no way he takes the field Sunday.. and many Sunday's beyond that.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Browns have a perfect excuse to get this guy out of the line of fire and allow him to focus on his legal issues. Meanwhile, they should have their entire legal team looking into ways to terminate his contract.

There should be absolutely no way he takes the field Sunday.. and many Sunday's beyond that.
Guaranteed they've been doing that since the story dropped

Reactions: PanniniClaus

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty much. Browns went full simple jack and paid big money and assets to acquire the guy. Everyone knew the guaranteed money was a mistake

Gave him a reduction in base salary to help the guy avoid and potential losses for suspensions.

They can enjoy the mess they created
Browns only hurt themselves taking a $10 mill cap charge that season. In a year where they didn't have him, should have found a pay to take a bigger hit, like a roster bonus vs a SB to take a large charge. $80 mill is the difference between what they would have paid him through 2024 and the cap charges taken for the first 3 seasons. Not going to get any better for them.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Just to confirm

Were these allegations out there before the trade?

I honestly don’t remember
Or did they surface right after

I just remember telling a friend about the contract as it was fully guaranteed and I thought it was gonna be a domino effect

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Just to confirm

Were these allegations out there before the trade?

I honestly don’t remember
Or did they surface right after

I just remember telling a friend about the contract as it was fully guaranteed and I thought it was gonna be a domino effect

this is a new accuser, this was just supposed to be a date, not a massage session

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think my favorite part of this how saga is how big of a carny Tony Buzbee is.

In the NBC article he goes on to explain the video won't be shown for two weeks because he is currently busy representing one of the families involved in the Titan Sub gongshow. Like he has to flex he's involved in yet another high profile lawsuit.

Maybe it's carny, or maybe he's just nuts. This is the same guy who parked a tank on his front lawn and dared the local HOA to try and tow it away. The Complete Story of the River Oaks Tank
It does work. With this kind of lawsuit, drumming up attention is the best way to maximize the settlement.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Oh there's absolutely a method to his madness. It's just funny is all.
I'd be happy with him as my lawyer, but I'd hate to be his neighbor.

No but were the sexual assault allegations out there before the trade

Or did they appear after?

I don’t remember
This particular accusation is new. It wasn't known until a few days ago, but it occurred back when he was still a Texan.

It also doesn't fit the pattern of all of the prior accusations he settled that involved massages.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People are saying the legal team should be examining the contract, I say they should already know what it says right now. They gave Watson a fully guaranteed contract, they should know exactly what the legal mechanisms are to get off of it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
People are saying the legal team should be examining the contract, I say they should already know what it says right now. They gave Watson a fully guaranteed contract, they should know exactly what the legal mechanisms are to get off of it.

Considering how absolutely thirsty they were for him and how he'd already denied them, I would like to think his representation had an easy path to making it extremely hard to cut him loose.

Wasn't he going to Atlanta until they offered him a fully guaranteed deal?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Lots of main characters on the internet, assuming that if they haven't seen the contract, no one has.

I still think it will only ever get dicey for Watson if credible criminal charges are brought forward, which he's dodged so far and don't seem imminent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Considering how absolutely thirsty they were for him and how he'd already denied them, I would like to think his representation had an easy path to making it extremely hard to cut him loose.

Wasn't he going to Atlanta until they offered him a fully guaranteed deal?
There are likely more fail-safes in that Atlanta contract given they went through everything with Michael Vick

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Ya, I just don't think the NFL lets them get them out of it that easily.

That being said, outside of 3-4 guys, the QB play so far this year has been pure shit so Deshaun's not on an island here.

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
1726340480478.png

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No but were the sexual assault allegations out there before the trade

Or did they appear after?

I don’t remember
Yea they were. Browns knew full well the extent of what he was dealing with. Would have to look up the timing of the settlement(s) and suspension from the league per the trade but the initial ~million allegations were known when Browns acquired him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad