OT: Sens Lounge LXXVIX | The Bonerland Medical Association Bi-Annual Box Social/Crabfest

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Ul2fXrK.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Also: if Anita Sarkesian could please go get a real job and stop tying to monetize the feminist movement, that would be great. She's hurting it far more than she's helping it.

Not sure I really agree

I think that video games is one industry where the portrayal of women is an actual serious issue that does need to be brought up

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Not sure I really agree

I think that video games is one industry where the portrayal of women is an actual serious issue that does need to be brought up

It does, and it has been - but her method as I mentioned is basically like Jack Thompson and violent video games.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Damn. Kuemper with the shutout and of course I played Varly...
Though, wouldn't have mattered since apparently Vermette and Shattenkirk had big games and I still would have lost by like 10 points on the day.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It does, and it has been - but her method as I mentioned is basically like Jack Thompson and violent video games.

I'll be honest and admit to not keeping a strong eye on what's going on in video games anymore. I thought all she did was seminars and videos?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Back to the future is pretty bad ass, maybe some bill and ted or terminator, the karate kid, the breakfast club etc 80's movies mare pretty good.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You criticize a thread for not having the right 80s movies reference and you didn't bring up Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

ugh...couldn't stand that movie. There's something about Broderick that just annoys me.

Yeah, if we're talking 80s iconic movies, there's E.T., Little Shop of Horrors, The Shining, Stand By Me, Poltergeist, Neverending Story.....great decade for movies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
ugh...couldn't stand that movie. There's something about Broderick that just annoys me.

Yeah, if we're talking 80s iconic movies, there's E.T., Little Shop of Horrors, The Shining, Stand By Me, Poltergeist, Neverending Story.....great decade for movies.

How could you miss The Princess Bride and Labyrinth (or any of the other Henson movies)!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

The THing. The original one with Kurt Russel is on my 80s movie list. Still better than all the horror/monster stuff they're putting out today.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Rogers (mobile service) pisses me off to no end. I'm legitimately angry for once in a very long time

Like, I'm raging on the inside right now, Rogers is **** me off so hard. Crappy company (in terms of mobile service). Limits you so hard and when you say you're going to leave they pony up the discounts out of nowhere, what the crap.

/rant

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Gamer Gate is like two different issues that happened really close together and blown out of proportion by industry journalists because they had nothing else to do.

1) you had that one developer who made the depression game or whatever, having her personal life publicized by an exbf - which included dating a game reviewer for a while (though he never reported on her games /they didn't date any time around the game release)
2) Had that other person who made some videos about misogyny in video games and got all the SJW and White Knights on one side with her and a bunch of people proving her point on the other side, with normal individuals pointing out she basically was just being Jack Thompson 2.0.

They got CNN'd and both make feminism look bad.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
They got CNN'd and both make feminism look bad.

That explains why a bunch of people are asking about it now. In the game world #gamergate is basically over now and a good month and a half old news at least.

Was confused why people at work were talking about it this week suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad