OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
A lot of people hate on it, but be sure to try a cask ale (especially a guest ale, there's usually more turnover). Just make sure that it's clear, not cloudy in your glass. Cloudy means they aren't cleaning their lines correctly.

Also, Witherspoons is basically the McDonald's of pubs. No soul, but you'll get similar quality no matter where you are in the country. And they usually have the widest selection of beers on tap.

Yeah, I am going to need to find some good beers to drink. Not a big fan of Guiness, but typically like mid coloured beers best. Trad is my favourite domestic beer.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I did both roast beef and pork tenderloin last week, so immune to the suggestion.

Trying to decide what to do with ground beef this week (default is going to be brown, mix with stir fry veggies and rice).

I always struggle to find new ways to cook ground beef. Its usually on sale so i stock up on it. Shepherds pie is usually a go to, tacos or a knock off salisbury steak.

I found a decent way to do meatloaf, use a box of stove top stuffing instead of bread as a filler. Top it with a good bbq sauce. Nothing fancy but different enough from the normal way i make meatloaf to be somewaht fresh. Maybe im just late to the party, but it was new to me heh

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah, I am going to need to find some good beers to drink. Not a big fan of Guiness, but typically like mid coloured beers best. Trad is my favourite domestic beer.

Guinness on tap over there is so much better than here, it's not even close.

Also keep in mind that it's intentional that the foam is bitter, and then the drink itself is sweet. So if you're only basing your opinion off the top of the glass, let it settle properly and take a bigger drink so you get a mix.

Also, there's plenty of cider options over there as well. The stuff we get imported (ie Strongbow) is generally considered swill by the cider snobs.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Meatloaf or my grand-mammy's homemade spaghetti sauce is primarily what I use ground beef for. And chili. Can't forget chili.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I always struggle to find new ways to cook ground beef. Its usually on sale so i stock up on it. Shepherds pie is usually a go to, tacos or a knock off salisbury steak.

I found a decent way to do meatloaf, use a box of stove top stuffing instead of bread as a filler. Top it with a good bbq sauce. Nothing fancy but different enough from the normal way i make meatloaf to be somewaht fresh. Maybe im just late to the party, but it was new to me heh

My ways to change up ground beef usually just involve spice combinations.

Sometimes the classic: Olive Oil, Parsley, Basil, Oregano.
Sometimes the caribbean: Coconut Oil, Cumin, Oregano, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Lime Juice
Sometimes beefy: Olive Oil, Thyme, Red Wine Vinegar
Always black pepper, onion, and garlic

and so on.

The Fuhr*

Nicely done.
How tall are you?
And switching to a strength program yet, or keeping with your current program?

Im 6'3... Keeping with my current program since it's going so well.. I do weights

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I found my new favourite food.(outside of oatmeal and cereal, obviously)

1 serving of tangy beans
1 can of tuna
sliced up kale

All mixed up on a double fiber super whole wheat bread.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
wow that really sucks, he was a really funny man. I guess all the drug use over the years was indeed self medication . . . what a ****** day.

George Carlin dead, Bill Hicks Dead, Robin Williams dead . . . Dane Cook alive and kicking.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Wasn't long ago that I listened to him on WTF with Marc Maron. Great interview which cut past the caricature and showed the guy underneath. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad