OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So apparently their won't be EASHL mode in nhl 15 for the next gen versions. There might not even be gm connected in the next gen versions either. What the **** is EA thinking? EA is a garbage company. Honestly one of the worst companies i have ever seen.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
A podcast could work. There's not enough hockey podcasts. My three suggestions would be......

-If someone does it, do it right. You don't need a 5k studio, but make sure the audio quality is decent and it is available via RSS/iTunes.
-Do it consistently. One episode a week or what ever time frame. Nothing is worse then a podcast when you never know when to expect an episode.
-The hosts being fun to listen to is equally as important as actual knowledge. Going back to Marek VS Wyshinski, it's not like Greg Wyshinski is the greatest hockey mind of our generation, but him and Jeff Marek have good chemistry and it leads to a fun show. He is knowledgeable enough to hold his own while being entertaining.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
So apparently their won't be EASHL mode in nhl 15 for the next gen versions. There might not even be gm connected in the next gen versions either. What the **** is EA thinking? EA is a garbage company. Honestly one of the worst companies i have ever seen.

I've been following this for the last few days since the rumour came out.

I've flip-flopped but based on the "evidence" available, I'd say there's a good chance that EASHL is still in the game. A lot of the past evidence is either flimsy or was "my friend's brother's uncle" statements.

EA just has horrible PR for not coming out with a statement about it while people cancel pre-orders.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I've been following this for the last few days since the rumour came out.

I've flip-flopped but based on the "evidence" available, I'd say there's a good chance that EASHL is still in the game. A lot of the past evidence is either flimsy or was "my friend's brother's uncle" statements.

EA just has horrible PR for not coming out with a statement about it while people cancel pre-orders.

People are now basing their opinion that EASHL is not in the game based off a back cover photo of the actually game. On the xbox one version, it says 1-2 players mulitplayer while on the xbox 360 version, it says 2-12 people multiplayer.

I just wish EA would ****ing come out and say whether it is in the game or not.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
People are now basing their opinion that EASHL is not in the game based off a back cover photo of the actually game. On the xbox one version, it says 1-2 players mulitplayer while on the xbox 360 version, it says 2-12 people multiplayer.

I just wish EA would ****ing come out and say whether it is in the game or not.

Could you post the image here or link me to it? I can't find it.
Edit- NVM I found it.

Last edited:

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Could you post the image here or link me to it? I can't find it.

Funnily enough, the one circulating through the NHL Series forums says "2-12 Players".

QBeEgRv.png

Regardless, it is so easy to photoshop these things. This was posted by some dude with 2 posts and said he got it from an "insider".

With all of the hub-bub going on right now, tons of people are out trolling.

All we can do is wait and see for an official EA announcement. I still think it'll be in the game. I just think EA are terrible at PR.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Funnily enough, the one circulating through the NHL Series forums says "2-12 Players".

QBeEgRv.png

Regardless, it is so easy to photoshop these things. This was posted by some dude with 2 posts and said he got it from an "insider".

With all of the hub-bub going on right now, tons of people are out trolling.

All we can do is wait and see for an official EA announcement. I still think it'll be in the game. I just think EA are terrible at PR.

The one i am talking about comes directly from costco.com and it says 1-2 players xbox live.

oos350-905940-847__5.jpg

http://www.costco.com/NHL-15-Xbox-One-Video-Game.product.100123482.html

Like you said though, we will have to wait until the official announcement which will be next week to see if EASHL is in nhl 15 or not.

Last edited:

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
These are about as valid as the initial Best Buy qualifications that started this rumour.

This is promotional material. Nothing set in stone but it's interesting.

They aren't announcing any news on game modes until this coming week, so I doubt they'd add any info on this piece of promotional material unless they had already announced something. For all we know, they're coming out with some new improvements to EASHL or doing a complete overhaul of the game mode for next-gen. We don't know.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014

Avenged Sevenfold sold out quicker than bottled water during the apocalypse. I still enjoy their work pre-Nightmare to a degree, but they're awful now.

No band has quite sold out like Bullet For My Valentine though...

Pre-commercialized bull****:

Worst piece of garbage that I have ever heard:

The entire chorus is comprised one one single note. Amazing.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Wow no kitten.

1st song was good. Would listen again.

2nd song was trash. Hated that song on whichever NHL game it was on. So generic and bland.

Ax7 had definitely become hit or miss and softened up a bit.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Wow no kitten.

1st song was good. Would listen again.

2nd song was trash. Hated that song on whichever NHL game it was on. So generic and bland.

Ax7 had definitely become hit or miss and softened up a bit.

I generally liked that soundtrack, but 'Your Betrayal' and 'Bully' were two of the worst songs ever to appear on an NHL game.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I generally liked that soundtrack, but 'Your Betrayal' and 'Bully' were two of the worst songs ever to appear on an NHL game.

I still can't believe that out of all the Shinedown songs they could have chosen, they went with "Bully". So unfitting for a hockey game.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

NHL 09 had the best sound track. Liked pretty much every song. Introduced me to my two favourite bands. Protest The Hero and Avanged Sevenfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad