OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Sounds similar to my situation, too. Yesterday I had one of those days where even the thought of leaving bed made me want to curl up in a ball and call in sick. They're rough, but thankfully for me they tend to be fewer and farther between than they used to be.

Rough week at work, bro.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Rough week at work, bro.

Nah, goes deeper than that. There have been days, weeks, where everything seems to be going my way. Then, it's like my brain flicks a switch, decides to be a dick and tell me why I don't deserve to be happy, and then I feel bad. And then I feel bad about feeling bad, and it becomes a vicious cycle. I usually manage to shake it after a day or two, but external factors don't typically play into it all that much.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anybody know of any hockey/Senators podcasts that don't stink?

I love Marek VS Wyshinski, but otherwise, it seems there aren't a lot of hockey podcasts that aren't a pain to listen to. I don't even know if there are Senators specific podcasts.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I love Marek VS Wyshinski, but otherwise, it seems there aren't a lot of hockey podcasts that aren't a pain to listen to. I don't even know if there are Senators specific podcasts.

Only one I listen to is the Puck Podcast(puckpodcast.com). It's not incredible but it covers a lot of ground and the two hosts are fine.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is exactly what im doing.

I live in a super small town and dont really know anyone. Last few years I've been on auto-pilot of doing nothing. I got sick of it and finally decided to do something. Going to college so I can actually get out and start living.

You're doing the right thing man. And college might be rough at first after being on "auto-pilot" for a while but if you accept it and get through the first few months, it should be a smoother ride the rest of the way. I was in the same exact position a long, long time ago, so take my word for it. ;)

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Sens Callups and 6th Sens have podcasts of varying quality and frequency. Bonk's Mullet has one too, but I can't say I've ever listened to it.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sounds similar to my situation, too. Yesterday I had one of those days where even the thought of leaving bed made me want to curl up in a ball and call in sick. They're rough, but thankfully for me they tend to be fewer and farther between than they used to be.
Its a really weird thing. One day I wanna go out biking or for a walk. The next day its like all that stuff sucks and seems incredibly boring. Even thought I know if I actually go and do it ill enjoy it. Then I feel bad about not doing anything for the day.

You're doing the right thing man. And college might be rough at first after being on "auto-pilot" for a while but if you accept it and get through the first few months, it should be a smoother ride the rest of the way. I was in the same exact position a long, long time ago, so take my word for it. ;)

Will do.

Definitely gonna take time to get used to being in a big town, school again, meeting new people and living on my own.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bonk's Mullet has one too, but I can't say I've ever listened to it.

Eh, it's not bad.

It's not insightful AT ALL, in the sense that there's not really any deep insight or thorough analysis... it's more just two guys having a laugh and chit-chatting about Sens stuff. If you're looking for the kind of show where you'd want to hear two dudes have a conversation about the Sens, it's your kind of podcast.

One guy has a hate-boner for Chris Phillips that probably dominates 35% of every podcast, so there's that. They also have a bad habit of talking about their own podcast too much, like it were a Beastie Boys song or something.

Still a thousand times better than TGOR.

Giggle, giggle, Melnyk, giggle.

Yeah, this too. Hopefully once the season starts, there will be more in SensLand to debate about.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Feel the need to add this, re: the Bonk's Mullet podcast - It's got really good potential. Despite the fact that they go off the rails every now and again, it can be very funny at times too.

Bonk's Mullet podcast is like drafting a power-forward in the mid-late parts of the 1st round: it's raw, and there's some work that needs to be done in parts of it's game before it gets better, but you can see the potential down the road and are willing to invest in it now.

The Fuhr*

Down 76lbs since spine surgery... 259lbs
Kill every day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 27

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Just hit print on my sixth and final essay of the summer. Two exams to go and two weeks off before I start it all over again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I tore through it in a week. I love Louise and Gene.:nod:

Anyways, what's a good and not overly expensive router for a guy to get?

Do you mean one of these?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GOOD-PRICE-CNC-ROUTER-3020-ENGRAVING-CUTTING-MACHINE-FOR-ACRYLIC-WOOD-PVC-bd-/181165249996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2e4a55cc

Or these?
http://www.linksys.com/en-ca/home

If it's the later, I've been very happy with this one, though it's a bit old these days:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...reless-n-router-rt-n56u-rt-n56u/10171013.aspx

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Just hit print on my sixth and final essay of the summer. Two exams to go and two weeks off before I start it all over again.

Damn. You go girl.

I had one online course where I probably spent a total of 4 hours total all Summer working on it and I felt too lazy to even do that. :laugh:

Living on residence this year or still at home?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Feel the need to add this, re: the Bonk's Mullet podcast - It's got really good potential. Despite the fact that they go off the rails every now and again, it can be very funny at times too.

Bonk's Mullet podcast is like drafting a power-forward in the mid-late parts of the 1st round: it's raw, and there's some work that needs to be done in parts of it's game before it gets better, but you can see the potential down the road and are willing to invest in it now.

I actually really like it, I have a few friends who listen to it and really like it as well.

Down 76lbs since spine surgery... 259lbs
Kill every day

You look amazing man, keep it up!

I took a summer course this year and it was the worst. It's so hard to get motivated for only one class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad