OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I may have to chance my username in 6 months to Omnidad. Girlfriend and I are expecting a new addition to the family, August 30th!
Wonderful, congratulations!

Congratulations!

Going back to cars, my local Audi dealer somehow has an A6 Allroad coming in from factory. They told me months ago that they wouldn't even order it for me because it's so hard to get.

Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in...
Love wagons. Why get an SUV when you can have the driving dynamics of a car? I had an E350 wagon as a family car and we absolutely love it, the practicality and being an E Class.

A6, E Class, 5 Series, the best cars of their respective lineups if you ask me

Congratulations!

Going back to cars, my local Audi dealer somehow has an A6 Allroad coming in from factory. They told me months ago that they wouldn't even order it for me because it's so hard to get.

Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in...
Love wagons. Why get an SUV when you can have the driving dynamics of a car? I had an E350 wagon as a family car and we absolutely love it, the practicality and being an E Class.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wonderful, congratulations!

I have older cars than you guys, but I picked up a super rare 2005 X5 4.8is last year and with full sport air suspension, crazy fat tires, and much bigger engine, I’ll be damned it it doesn’t drive and corner almost as well as my 850i.

Now in all fairness the 850i is a heavy GT coupe and not an M3, but still….

I used to have a 540i sport wagon, but this X5 is a beast compared to that, and has all the cargo room….

Love me a wagon as well but my wife hates them for some reason, and unless I could get a hold of an Uber rare e32 M5 wagon, that ship has sailed lol!

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I have older cars than you guys, but I picked up a super rare 2005 X5 4.8is last year and with full sport air suspension, crazy fat tires, and much bigger engine, I’ll be damned it it doesn’t drive and corner almost as well as my 850i.

Now in all fairness the 850i is a heavy GT coupe and not an M3, but still….

I used to have a 540i sport wagon, but this X5 is a beast compared to that, and has all the cargo room….

Love me a wagon as well but my wife hates them for some reason, and unless I could get a hold of an Uber rare e32 M5 wagon, that ship has sailed lol!

Local Mercedes dealer had a 2018 E63 AMG wagon for sale. Just the nicest car ever made in my humble opinion but an absolute monster to own. Goes through tires like bubble gum.

If I ever make it big I'd get an RS6 Avant. Looks like the E63 AMG is going the way of the dodo alas.

For folks asking about SUVs the value proposition of a Palisade or Telluride is hard to beat. I will just say that you should do some diligence on your local KIA/Hyundai dealer and service department before purchasing.

My fiance adores her Ioniq 5 but the service experience has been atrocious in South Florida. It really detracts from what is otherwise an awesome vehicle.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Local Mercedes dealer had a 2018 E63 AMG wagon for sale. Just the nicest car ever made in my humble opinion but an absolute monster to own. Goes through tires like bubble gum.

If I ever make it big I'd get an RS6 Avant. Looks like the E63 AMG is going the way of the dodo alas.

For folks asking about SUVs the value proposition of a Palisade or Telluride is hard to beat. I will just say that you should do some diligence on your local KIA/Hyundai dealer and service department before purchasing.

My fiance adores her Ioniq 5 but the service experience has been atrocious in South Florida. It really detracts from what is otherwise an awesome vehicle.
There is an R6 Avant down the road from me, looks and sounds beastly!

Beech

Nov 25, 2020

OIPRD is an organization that handles complaints against the police. The latest case.

A Stolen Mercedes. The on line security system, told teh police the car is within 100 M. The police get there, it is an isolated home, with a 3 car garage.

The man is arrested. Even though he is a retired school teacher and tells them to search the garage.

It turns out they cannot, as they are awaiting a search warrant. But going on feel, they can arrest the man.

They get the warrant, find nothing, release the man and he files complains

The superintendent who heard the case. Exonerated the officer....NO malice...justified!!!

I love the Blue wall..

Anyway, you Mercedes will get someone arrested if stolen.. Retired school teachers seem to be the most likely.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

All the AMGs are tuned with significant camber. My C63s, back with the big 6.2 engines, used to go through rear tires in 7k. A fun 7K!

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
All the AMGs are tuned with significant camber. My C63s, back with the big 6.2 engines, used to go through rear tires in 7k. A fun 7K!
why? Why the camber?

And the 7K.. a 200 K vehicle changing 25 sets tires. Three times a year.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
why? Why the camber?

And the 7K.. a 200 K vehicle changing 25 sets tires. Three times a year.
Sharper steering response. I had the car three years and I would do two sets of rears from April to November and a set of fronts , so I guess 18 tires.

Back in 2011, the car was a bargain at 70k, by 2014 , my second was 80, and that car I regret getting rid of…

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Monday Rant:

Is there a place or service that you contact that does not hit you with: We are experiencing higher than normal call volume, claim volume, e-mail volume, request volume...

You can call some help line or some place at 2 am and get that message.

And the greatest discovery: No means to connect with anyone. You call a number, no answer or an answer that says this is not in service, or we are not open (Monday to Friday..I guess, no one opens). E-mail links that are not connected.

And everyone complains about service....

Heck call 911 and see. In fact call the police direct and see. You cannot reach them.

UGGG... It takes the police 1 hour to respond to a 911 call. I can only imagine the fire department. Half teh city would be burnt to teh ground before they arrive. And the first words out of their mouth is "we are experiencing higher than normal calls !!"

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Monday Rant:

Is there a place or service that you contact that does not hit you with: We are experiencing higher than normal call volume, claim volume, e-mail volume, request volume...

And the greatest discovery: No means to connect with anyone. You call a number, no answer or an answer that says this is not in service, or we are not open (Monday to Friday..I guess, no one opens). E-mail links that are not connected.

Heck call 911 and see. In fact call the police direct and see. You cannot reach them.

UGGG... It takes the police 1 hour to respond to a 911 call. I can only imagine the fire department. Half teh city would be burnt to teh ground before they arrive. And the first words out of their mouth is "we are experiencing higher than normal calls !!"
911 should never have wait times, and 811 should be pretty quick for health issues including mental health.

Air Canada Super Elite CUSTOMER SERVICE is almost always free.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
911 should never have wait times, and 811 should be pretty quick for health issues including mental health.

Air Canada Super Elite CUSTOMER SERVICE is almost always free.
ohh they answer quick.. Now wait for them to get here.

1 Hr two weeks ago, Domestic violence case in the neighborhood
1 Hr to get my wife to a hospital 3 months ago.

I will remember to call Air Canada if my house is burning.

Another nice phrase today "We are doing the best that we can"...read; doing f*** all, but don't you dare call us out on it.

I am stocking piling phrases and acts:
no contact info except some ridiculously difficult round about system
we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes
I am doing the best that I can
In these trying times

Ouch what the next 10-20 years are going to be.

Last edited:

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
ohh they answer quick.. Now wait for them to get here.

1 Hr two weeks ago, Domestic violence case in the neighborhood
1 Hr to get my wife to a hospital 3 months ago.

I will remember to call Air Canada if my house is burning.

Another nice phrase today "We are doing the best that we can"...read; doing f*** all, but don't you dare call us out on it.

I am stocking piling phrases and acts:
no contact info except some ridiculously difficult round about system
we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes
I am doing the best that I can
In these trying times

Ouch what the next 10-20 years are going to be.
You might get through immediately. But then they'd probably re-book you to a fire truck the next morning that has to travel through Toronto first and give you a $20 gift card to the crappy sandwich / muffin shop at gate 15 for the trouble.

Reactions: Beech

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
You might get through immediately. But then they'd probably re-book you to a fire truck the next morning that has to travel through Toronto first and give you a $20 gift card to the crappy sandwich / muffin shop at gate 15 for the trouble.
We are all laughing, but it really is tragic.

The Ottawa Citizen had an article about femicide... want IPV (Intimate partner violence) declared an epidemic.. I laugh.

Declare it what you want. When it takes one hour for the police. When you hear there is nothing we can do....

Anyway..We are doing the best that we can do.. And We are experiencing higher than normal call volume!!!

My wife died 10 days later..It stops being funny.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Oh man, flashback to my delayed flight back from Canada early last summer, waiting around Frankfurt airport forever, getting our gate bumped to and fro and very uncertain when or even if we'll be able to get home, finally boarding a plane and my phone beeps with a text - a whole four euro voucher for the airport I am currently already sitting on a plane to leave, wow thanks!

Reactions: DrEasy

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Monday Rant:

I've recently called 911 and called the non emergent line for police. Both were answered quickly. For my 911 call, it was a a suspected heart attack. Fire and paramedics were at our house within 5 min. I called non emergent line for police due to a car accident. Answered immediately and gave me all the info I needed quickly.

All this said, a huge issue is that there are not enough workers for these jobs. So many ppl are just jumping to higher paying jobs, so either we need to help lower income with housing and cost of living or we need to pay more. Or else waiting will only happen more and more.

We are having huge issues at work right now and are just falling behind on surgeries. And most of them are cancelled because of lack of nursing staff.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I've recently called 911 and called the non emergent line for police. Both were answered quickly. For my 911 call, it was a a suspected heart attack. Fire and paramedics were at our house within 5 min. I called non emergent line for police due to a car accident. Answered immediately and gave me all the info I needed quickly.

All this said, a huge issue is that there are not enough workers for these jobs. So many ppl are just jumping to higher paying jobs, so either we need to help lower income with housing and cost of living or we need to pay more. Or else waiting will only happen more and more.

We are having huge issues at work right now and are just falling behind on surgeries. And most of them are cancelled because of lack of nursing staff.

Prague has just finally started building municipal housing again so it can provide affordable homes to "preferred professions", i.e. teachers, healthcare workers and law enforcement.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Prague has just finally started building municipal housing again so it can provide affordable homes to "preferred professions", i.e. teachers, healthcare workers and law enforcement.
Started in Germany… soon spreading across the EU. It is a great way to move forward.

Canada will do it soon. Stopping the foreign investment owned housing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Started in Germany… soon spreading across the EU. It is a great way to move forward.

Canada will do it soon. Stopping the foreign investment owned housing.

Munich's been doing it for over 100 years. Of course all the housing here used to be publicly owned, but that all got rejected after the revolution and it's taken them this long to figure out the city can own housing and it's not an inherently communist concept. :rolleyes:

I have no illusions about it stopping foreign investment owned housing, but every little bit helps.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad