OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Ya but what about people up on burners ? Or people who don't use their google log in on every device ? I don't discriminate, everyone should have Jomashop bookmarked.
My bad, I didn't know there was so much overlap between people who used burners and people who liked shopping online. But you're right, Jomashop is pretty tight.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Ya but what about people up on burners ? Or people who don't use their google log in on every device ? I don't discriminate, everyone should have Jomashop bookmarked.

I get spooked about no manufacturer warranty.

I don't own any crazy expensive watches but even my mid range ones are like $800-$1500 bucks for service outside of warranty.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Luxury watch wearers have been getting stitches after getting stabbed over a watch.
When I was in Mexico over NYE, i can't tell you how many Rolexes I saw, white gold Sea Dwellers, Pepsi/Superman Rolexes, etc...we are talking 50K Rolexes...in the swimming pool. They were all Brits.

I said to them, as we were talking about watches and stuff and I said that I never travel with My Rolex. Brit guy says "mate, we can't wear them in London, they will cut your bleedin' arm off... this is the only place I can wear it safely!"

On the topic of cars I traded my WRX for a 2017 Lexus IS 350 F sport that the wife can drive and it's absolutely baller. Love that thing
On the topic of cars, remember mysens? Did you and up seeing his Ferrari? He has a new one...

That's where I go for my X3 M40i.
Another monster!

Reactions: NyQuil

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
When I was in Mexico over NYE, i can't tell you how many Rolexes I saw, white gold Sea Dwellers, Pepsi/Superman Rolexes, etc...we are talking 50K Rolexes...in the swimming pool. They were all Brits.

I said to them, as we were talking about watches and stuff and I said that I never travel with My Rolex. Brit guy says "mate, we can't wear them in London, they will cut your bleedin' arm off... this is the only place I can wear it safely!"

This is insane to me. England has really gone to hell since Brexit my word.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

On the topic of cars, remember mysens? Did you and up seeing his Ferrari? He has a new one...

Another monster!
I’m still waiting for that ride! Pass it on if you guys cross paths again…

That's where I go for my X3 M40i.
There’s one of these in the parking garage at work and I lust after it whenever I see it

This is insane to me. England has really gone to hell since Brexit my word.
London is brutal now. Can’t even take your phone out someone will ride by on a bike and “nick” it.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
London is brutal now. Can’t even take your phone out someone will ride by on a bike and “nick” it.
I have a relative who is a Brit. They tell me that the NHS is really in bad shape. Have things gotten so bad there?

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
I have a relative who is a Brit. They tell me that the NHS is really in bad shape. Have things gotten so bad there?

Is the NHS in some trouble right now? Yes.

Do you have to hide your watch or it is going to be stolen off of your arm? No.

Reactions: DrEasy

Beech

Nov 25, 2020

Did Covid finish them off? the NHS was once highly regarded.

Is it funded entirely through the government? or is a system similar to Germany?

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
Did Covid finish them off? the NHS was once highly regarded.

Is it funded entirely through the government? or is a system similar to Germany?

Underfunding and attempts to privatize services instead. In other words rather similar to the situation in Ontario.

Reactions: maclean

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

You absolutely need to be cautious these days. At least a little bit of situational awareness.

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
You absolutely need to be cautious these days. At least a little bit of situational awareness.

I mean that is true in most major cities.

I spend a lot of time in London, always take the tube around town and I don't have any more personal property concerns there than I do in any other major city. Mind you I'm not rocking a $50K Rolex.

Reactions: maclean

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Underfunding and attempts to privatize services instead. In other words rather similar to the situation in Ontario.
tell me about it. I get an e-mail from an Ottawa clinic regarding a colonoscopy!! I have to find out the W5's.

Since, they keep after me wanting me to book... At leas that pain in the ass is not to be feared.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
tell me about it. I get an e-mail from an Ottawa clinic regarding a colonoscopy!! I have to find out the W5's.

Since, they keep after me wanting me to book... At leas that pain in the ass is not to be feared.
The night before a colonoscopy is just like the night before Christmas.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I mean that is true in most major cities.

I spend a lot of time in London, always take the tube around town and I don't have any more personal property concerns there than I do in any other major city. Mind you I'm not rocking a $50K Rolex.

I wouldn't say cautious. You definitely need to have some self-awareness I guess.

Most Rolexes that people are rocking in every day life are nowhere close to $50,000. More like $10,000 for the popular models. A GMT Master II Pepsi retails for like $10,500.

The thing about major cities is that there is a lot of wealth concetration anyhow. Walk around in Midtown Mahnattan and count how many Rolexes, Omegas, Panerais, IWCs, Cartiers, etc. you see. It's ordinary.

Obviously if you are in East New York the calculus changes but I'm shocked that people would be afraid to wear a Rolly in the posh parts of London...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad