Post-Game Talk: Sens 1 and 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Oh I watched. He wasn't terrible but wasn't great either.

It felt like most of the team gave up midway through the 2nd after that bullshit penalty against Perron where he was sent to the box for breathing on Chabot. Reffing definitely took the fight out of the team, probably even moreso than the Sens hitting did.

I know. That's been one of my gripes the last 2 seasons. They need to identify some of these guys as trade targets.

It's been going on a lot longer than the last 2 seasons. The wings haven't had an effective banger up front since Bertuzzi (the mean uncle version).

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Not sure if you watched last night, but Zadina was one of the few guys battling through the physicality and still making plays....
Every time I read someone parroting the ol' "Zadina is scared to get hit" line, I pay special attention to him for a while afterward and always see him playing hard and making contact and battling.

If I wanted to draw conclusions I'd probably say that he always gives an extra effort for a little while after seeing his name besmirched on the forums.

• Haha
Reactions: jfrank21

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You mean the undisputed facts? Or basing it on more than just one game? How about the other night when we manhandled the Rangers? Or the way we've stood up to Tampa, Pittsburgh or other actually good teams?
NHL is getting closer to soccer. I don't like it.
It's been going on a lot longer than the last 2 seasons. The wings haven't had an effective banger up front since Bertuzzi (the mean uncle version).
The team has been soft for about 20 years. Back in 02 and 08, we accepted it as the price was the cup, but now.....
The team is soft and the whole league is becoming pansy, very pansy.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He’s been a big factor in their winning streak. Only maybe Husso more valuable

I think he puts 70P next year

Larkin has clearly been the bus driver and clear best player during the win streak.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The officiating was horrible last night, some of the worst I've seen in a while. What do we disagree on?
the calls were horrendous.

They were even going to call a hooking penalty on Maatta(?) when Giroux had his breakaway and scored. The hook was close to the blade of the stick and you can hook that. IT was no where near the hands, where it's called.

It was the most frustrating game to watch because of the officiating and then seeing Tkachuk challenge the entire bench and no one stood up to him later in the game or w.e. I was hoping for a Seider hit that was extremely questionable on legality against Tkachuk.

When I was playing, that was my job and I wanted to lace em up real quick.

Reactions: jaster

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It wasn’t just last night, this team is soft. I’m not suggesting Yzerman goes out and signs a bunch of cavemen on skates. But it would be nice to have a at least one line of players who can play against the other team’s top 6 and wear them down physically and contribute ~10 goals per player over a season. Instead we have a bottom 6 of players who score about 10 goals a season and don’t make the opposition pay for anything. It’s a bland brand of hockey.
Suter, Berggren, Rasmussen etc. are scoring at a ~15 goal pace. Sure we could insert more physicality and less scoring, but this team has a far bigger problem getting scoring than they have getting completely meaningless hits.
The funniest part of this is these reactions come after playing Ottawa. A straight up bad team. Physical, yes. But bad.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We went up 2-1 and would have sustained that in an even game with decent goaltending. It wasn't the "bullying" that affected the score sheet. It was the 12 minutes down a man. You can't get a rhythm like that.

... and the goaltending
Another thing that left a bad taste was when they got the back to back pps to tie it 2-2 then took the lead, the game was called differently again after that.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Every time I read someone parroting the ol' "Zadina is scared to get hit" line, I pay special attention to him for a while afterward and always see him playing hard and making contact and battling.

If I wanted to draw conclusions I'd probably say that he always gives an extra effort for a little while after seeing his name besmirched on the forums.
I think the issue with Zadina has been clear for the last two seasons: he does not have the brain to adapt to the game at an NHL-level. Full stop. No matter how much effort he puts in, he is either on the wrong side of the puck, or wrong side of the play, or just not in dangerous positions when he needs to be.

I don't know if there is a way to harness his raw talent into a viable NHL asset, but I don't see him making any impact if he tries to be what he was pre-NHL.

Reactions: TheOtherOne

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think the issue with Zadina has been clear for the last two seasons: he does not have the brain to adapt to the game at an NHL-level. Full stop. No matter how much effort he puts in, he is either on the wrong side of the puck, or wrong side of the play, or just not in dangerous positions when he needs to be.

I don't know if there is a way to harness his raw talent into a viable NHL asset, but I don't see him making any impact if he tries to be what he was pre-NHL.
He's a valuable NHL asset now. Solid middle 6 level play. Great analytics. Makes defensive stops, can transport the puck up ice, and since his recovery is chipping in with middle 6 offense. At bottom 6 price, he's solid.

The one and only problem with Zadina around here is his draft position. Wings fans finally got over Ras' draft position. Maybe next year it's Zadina's turn.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He's a valuable NHL asset now. Solid middle 6 level play. Great analytics. Makes defensive stops, can transport the puck up ice, and since his recovery is chipping in with middle 6 offense. At bottom 6 price, he's solid.

The one and only problem with Zadina around here is his draft position. Wings fans finally got over Ras' draft position. Maybe next year it's Zadina's turn.
This might be an "old man yells at cloud moment", but I don't care about his analytics.

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
the calls were horrendous.

They were even going to call a hooking penalty on Maatta(?) when Giroux had his breakaway and scored. The hook was close to the blade of the stick and you can hook that. IT was no where near the hands, where it's called.

It was the most frustrating game to watch because of the officiating and then seeing Tkachuk challenge the entire bench and no one stood up to him later in the game or w.e. I was hoping for a Seider hit that was extremely questionable on legality against Tkachuk.

When I was playing, that was my job and I wanted to lace em up real quick.
Same. I relished running guys when it was called for. That no one was running any of the Sens was very disappointing. I miss Seider's hits of 2021-22.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Same. I relished running guys when it was called for. That no one was running any of the Sens was very disappointing. I miss Seider's hits of 2021-22.
a nice gutcheck, boarding hit on Tkachuk that takes him out for a period would do wonders. Tkachuk was also harrassing Seider later in the game too.

Dude thinks he is untouchable and yeah, he is a big guy with toughness, but every once in a while, a disastrous hit on a guy like that makes him think a bit.

To compare it, it is like when Clowe(?) was chirping kronwall in the playoffs after kronner just flattens someone (i want to think it was heatly?) (edit: it was heatley and it was a very big hit, yikes.) and Clowe said something like "you wouldn't do that to me" and later in the game kronner hits clowe and he gets his arm/shoulder injured a bit.

It pays to shut people up sometimes. Don't think Clowe did much after that.

found the clip:

keep it context too. Clowe was not a small guy at all. He was very heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaster

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
a nice gutcheck, boarding hit on Tkachuk that takes him out for a period would do wonders. Tkachuk was also harrassing Seider later in the game too.

Dude thinks he is untouchable and yeah, he is a big guy with toughness, but every once in a while, a disastrous hit on a guy like that makes him think a bit.

To compare it, it is like when Clowe(?) was chirping kronwall in the playoffs after kronner just flattens someone (i want to think it was heatly?) (edit: it was heatley and it was a very big hit, yikes.) and Clowe said something like "you wouldn't do that to me" and later in the game kronner hits clowe and he gets his arm/shoulder injured a bit.

It pays to shut people up sometimes. Don't think Clowe did much after that.

found the clip:

keep it context too. Clowe was not a small guy at all. He was very heavy.

He was at least 20 pounds heavier than Kronwall, but got kronwalled nevertheless. And he fell on his can.

Anyhow this was embarrassing big time. I just finished watching the game.
Yzerman should send the tape and demand suspensions for both referees and Sens players. My favourite players are Kronwall, Konstatinov, Seider Scott Stevens, but man this was disgusting. They went for blood and tried to injure our players.
I like hitting and I like players dropping the gloves, but man this was a beer league. There were at least 2/3 hits which were attempt to injure a player.

I have never gone to other teams fans board, but I really want to go to their board now. Both their players and fans should be ashamed. Those were not clean hits, those were very dirty injury attempts. Shame on Ottawa players and fans.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He was at least 20 pounds heavier than Kronwall, but got kronwalled nevertheless. And he fell on his can.

Anyhow this was embarrassing big time. I just finished watching the game.
Yzerman should send the tape and demand suspensions for both referees and Sens players. My favourite players are Kronwall, Konstatinov, Seider Scott Stevens, but man this was disgusting. They went for blood and tried to injure our players.
I like hitting and I like players dropping the gloves, but man this was a beer league. There were at least 2/3 hits which were attempt to injure a player.

I have never gone to other teams fans board, but I really want to go to their board now. Both their players and fans should be ashamed. Those were not clean hits, those were very dirty injury attempts. Shame on Ottawa players and fans.
The worst part of the entire game is when tkachuk was talking shit to the entire bench and no one did anything about it. I'm not talking about at that exact moment, but the entire 3rd period he wasn't touched.

Should have been code red'd big time. "Santiago" embarrassed the "corps" and deserved an appropriate punishment.

Reactions: MBH

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The worst part of the entire game is when tkachuk was talking shit to the entire bench and no one did anything about it. I'm not talking about at that exact moment, but the entire 3rd period he wasn't touched.

Should have been code red'd big time. "Santiago" embarrassed the "corps" and deserved an appropriate punishment.
Who on our team got 2 min?
This Tkachuk is a scam bag. Hopefully someone cleans his clock very soon.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

I just don't understand why everyone is getting all worked up about some dickbag talking shit. He's talking shit, who cares? It's like a bunch of middle-schoolers posturing in the lunchroom. It'll be fine, I promise.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Does anyone have a replay handy of the time when Walman was struggling to stand after blocking a shot and a Sen charged him from halfway across the rink? I'm curious if it was as bad as I'm imagining it. Only saw it realtime, no replays.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Who on our team got 2 min?
This Tkachuk is a scam bag. Hopefully someone cleans his clock very soon.
Honestly, at that point, we are being physically dominated and down 4-2. It would go a long way if ANYONE did it, more specifically seider since he is big, but larkin too. The game wasn't going well by the end of the second and you need a shake up.

That is exactly why kronwall started throwing hits the way he did, to change the energy a bit.

I just don't understand why everyone is getting all worked up about some dickbag talking shit. He's talking shit, who cares? It's like a bunch of middle-schoolers posturing in the lunchroom. It'll be fine, I promise.
The actual talking shit is nothing.

The fact they were physically dominating the entire time and no one was returning a hit or showing something, changes that specific moment.

If we were throwing hard hits just like them, then he is just talking trying to draw a red wings player out on a penalty or something. The actual context was they were killing us, we never returned the favor, and he was acting untouchable.

Talking shit is fun and should be encouraged, I'm not irritated with tkachuk doing it. I am irritated because the red wings sat there and took it. Don't sit there and keep eating the shit they are serving you when you have the physical presence to do something about it. like do something, anything would have helped.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Honestly, at that point, we are being physically dominated and down 4-2. It would go a long way if ANYONE did it, more specifically seider since he is big, but larkin too. The game wasn't going well by the end of the second and you need a shake up.

That is exactly why kronwall started throwing hits the way he did, to change the energy a bit.

The actual talking shit is nothing.

The fact they were physically dominating the entire time and no one was returning a hit or showing something, changes that specific moment.

If we were throwing hard hits just like them, then he is just talking trying to draw a red wings player out on a penalty or something. The actual context was they were killing us, we never returned the favor, and he was acting untouchable.

Talking shit is fun and should be encouraged, I'm not irritated with tkachuk doing it. I am irritated because the red wings sat there and took it. Don't sit there and keep eating the shit they are serving you when you have the physical presence to do something about it. like do something, anything would have helped.
It isn't and shouldn't. It was intermission. Let him yap and parade around his Feb 27th Championship Trophy. It is completely pointless to get sucked into that bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad