Senators fire Pierre Dorion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
Didn't he say he resigned in the conference? Why is the title that he got fired?
From the press conference it seems as though they (Dorion, Staios, Andlauer) discussed this last night and decided Pierre was going to resign. Realistically they're one in the same.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
From the press conference it seems as though they (Dorion, Staios, Andlauer) discussed this last night and decided Pierre was going to resign. Realistically they're one in the same.
They're the same in that he doesn't work there anymore but I think we should get the terminology right, there's a not insignificant difference in being fired and quitting. We've already had a bunch of people ITT ask how much they have to pay him since he got 'fired'. Mods are usually on us on these types of details.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I don't feel sorry for this guy at all. At the very least he should have briefed the new owner on everything that was happening. Everything. That, alone, is a firing offence.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

If he gets fired they have to pay him out.

Unless they argue it was "just" because of negligence on his part. Including the fact that he was the ONLY Sens person on the trade call.

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
If he gets fired they have to pay him out.

Unless they argue it was "just" because of negligence on his part. Including the fact that he was the ONLY Sens person on the trade call.
They probably had justification to fire him with cause after that fiasco.
The one in the same comment was more about it not really being Dorions decision. Its not like he was going to stick around if he said no I wont resign.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Dorian could have done better.
He had his chance during the years
I was expecting changes after new ownership.
It was a matter of time

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
IMG_2888.jpeg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dorian, giving out 8 year contracts like Halloween candy.

Play 20 games in a Sens jersey and you’re automatically given a 8 year contract.

Reactions: Voight

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
How do fans feel about losing the 1st round pick now?

To be honest, if Chiarelli takes over I would close all bridges around Ottawa. A fanbase can only take so much torment.
It's a completely avoidable outcome if Dorion had just done his due diligence as was his job.
We don't need Chiarelli, the guy is legit terrible and set back the Oilers years and walked into a Chara captaincy in Boston. No thanks.

Good for Dorion to go, he was a fine scout/prospects guy but failed at the pro level.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pretty ironic that the Sens withheld info to get a higher price in a trade, and the league withheld info on the punishment to get a higher price from the sale of the team. The owner should be suing
Is there anyone who has said this is what Dorion did? I thought people mainly concluded he was just incompetent and believed the NTC info wasn't filed right but he was just dumb.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is there anyone who has said this is what Dorion did?

Not a lot of new information. Elliotte Friedman suggested the NHL was going to be transparent about what happened. Their press release had no information. He has been quiet today and didn’t publish his weekly article today, maybe he will have some new information in there.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's a completely avoidable outcome if Dorion had just done his due diligence as was his job.
We don't need Chiarelli, the guy is legit terrible and set back the Oilers years and walked into a Chara captaincy in Boston. No thanks.

Good for Dorion to go, he was a fine scout/prospects guy but failed at the pro level.

To be fair Chara likely doesn't sign in Boston without Chiarelli being there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad