Senators fire Pierre Dorion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I would bet this pick gets restored but lower, a la the Kovalchuk pick. The justification for that restoration was in part a change in ownership since the offense, which I'm sure the Senator's ownership team is aware of.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, it had to be done. There's certain things that happen that just scream gross negligence to the point that you just can't trust your manager anymore, whether the nhl lays the hammer or not.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Get well Ottawa. I have been harsh on ya, and I feel bad. The fans don't deserve it. As a lifelong Detroit Lions fan, I can relate. lol.

LaCarriere

The NHL intentionally did not inform their potential buyers about their own investigations into the club.

Yeah, I think a guy paying a billion dollars could be pissed he wasn't told.
With Bettman being a lawyer himself, I'm sure between him and league lawyers / consults they probably looked into ways how they can proceed with the sale without having to legally disclose the investigations. Maybe they had some loopholes, maybe not.

At worst for the NHL Andlauer has some merit for legal action / restitution, since he can easily make the argument that he would have offered less for the sale had he known of the investigations. Best case scenario for the NHL/Bettman is for whatever reason they werent legally required to let the buyer know, but it sure still looks bad on them, and for any future team sales.

It's real convenient that the investigations and punishments were handed out not long after the completion of the sale.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It is Ottawa, so Dorion is probably confused why he wasn't promoted. Something about that city that allows the shit to rise to the top

Reactions: Voight

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Pretty ironic that the Sens withheld info to get a higher price in a trade, and the league withheld info on the punishment to get a higher price from the sale of the team. The owner should be suing
Yep, I think Andlauer should have been informed but whose responsibility is it to inform him? He did not buy the team from the NHL, he bought from previous owners. NHL involved in the sale to extent they must approve a new owner.

Not sure if legally the NHL could disclose it? The former owners would probably have a claim against NHL if they disclosed it. Former owners should have disclosed it - it seems they were aware of investigation based on Andlauer's comments. He said something about former owners did not care.

That said the NHL had a easy out- they could have wrapped up their investigation much earlier and imposed the penalty much earlier before the sale. That is what Andlauer was saying yesterday- why did it take so long- he knows the league could not disclose an ongoing investigation but they could have finished it.

Does he have a legitimate claim against anyone? Maybe the former owners depending on wording of sales agreement. Will he pursue it? No, the last owner had a penchant for suing everyone under the sun-Andlauer does not want to earn that reputation. I think he said his piece yesterday and that's all we will hear of it. Also maybe at some point there is a NJD solution and the forfeited pick becomes the 32nd pick or something.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yep, I think Andlauer should have been informed but whose responsibility is it to inform him? He did not buy the team from the NHL, he bought from previous owners. NHL involved in the sale to extent they must approve a new owner.

Not sure if legally the NHL could disclose it? The former owners would probably have a claim against NHL if they disclosed it. Former owners should have disclosed it - it seems they were aware of investigation based on Andlauer's comments. He said something about former owners did not care.

That said the NHL had a easy out- they could have wrapped up their investigation much earlier and imposed the penalty much earlier before the sale. That is what Andlauer was saying yesterday- why did it take so long- he knows the league could not disclose an ongoing investigation but they could have finished it.

Does he have a legitimate claim against anyone? Maybe the former owners depending on wording of sales agreement. Will he pursue it? No, the last owner had a penchant for suing everyone under the sun-Andlauer does not want to earn that reputation. I think he said his piece yesterday and that's all we will hear of it. Also maybe at some point there is a NJD solution and the forfeited pick becomes the 32nd pick or something.
Who was handling the sale AND who penalized Ottawa with a 1st round pick?
I can't recall if Vegas' complain was public knowledge and if it wasn't, why not have all complaints being made public?

Last edited:

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Dorian, giving out 8 year contracts like Halloween candy.

Play 20 games in a Sens jersey and you’re automatically given a 8 year contract.
Imagine locking up terrible scrubs like Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson.

Lol. Your envy is showing.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
With Bettman being a lawyer himself, I'm sure between him and league lawyers / consults they probably looked into ways how they can proceed with the sale without having to legally disclose the investigations. Maybe they had some loopholes, maybe not.

At worst for the NHL Andlauer has some merit for legal action / restitution, since he can easily make the argument that he would have offered less for the sale had he known of the investigations. Best case scenario for the NHL/Bettman is for whatever reason they werent legally required to let the buyer know, but it sure still looks bad on them, and for any future team sales.

It's real convenient that the investigations and punishments were handed out not long after the completion of the sale.
The sale is off cause I might not have 1 of the next 100 1st round picks. Or I'm offering 100 million less. Lol. The non disclosure changed nothing. He would have bought team at the same price if he knew or not.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not sure why he is happy. The GM's must all be collectively rattled. PD was such an easy target. Guys an absolute moron.
You do realize they're Eastern Conference rivals and roughly at the same timeframe for their rebuild?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Pretty ironic that the Sens withheld info to get a higher price in a trade, and the league withheld info on the punishment to get a higher price from the sale of the team. The owner should be suing

A single draft pick in the 20~32 range do not change the valuation price of a 900m dollars NHL franchise.

See it as an opportunity to hire competent people.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A single draft pick in the 20~32 range do not change the valuation price of a 900m dollars NHL franchise.

See it as an opportunity to hire competent people.

There's one where he is feircely eating lays chips while standing in the manager's box. I think words don't do it justice.... You just have to see it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I'm not a lawyer but even if there was a case to be made, I somehow doubt that it would be something worth pursuing. I just think it's doubtful that it has any material impact on the valuation of the Sens.

Reactions: CDN24

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I'm not a lawyer but even if there was a case to be made, I somehow doubt that it would be something worth pursuing. I just think it's doubtful that it has any material impact on the valuation of the Sens.
Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad