Senators fire Pierre Dorion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
Apparently you can do a bunch of shit against the rules and then sell the team and the new buyer doesn't have to suffer any of the consequences? :laugh:

I guess the owner is trying to whine as hard as the fans.
Maybe it’s because the NHL was negligent in corresponding with potential buyers regarding the investigation. All the dirty laundry should’ve been aired to serious bidders

Reactions: Gordoff

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
HAHA DID YOU EVEN READ IT. SOLD for 1.4 billion.

This was after he pushed up the price.

You’re right, maybe he was looking for a budget team.

Maybe he should have waited for the next expansion. He seems pretty upset. I don’t know about him, but if someone came to me and said bidders are dropping out - do you want it? I’d think twice.

So far everything from the purchase process to the team itself has been a gongshow and he seems upset about it.

The caps lock button is on the left. You can turn it off by the way. I know some people aren’t so good with technology.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
HAHA DID YOU EVEN READ IT. SOLD for 1.4 billion. Not only that but they werent selling the majority of the price of the team. He wanted to be a majority owner.
As Joe Namath once said, “struggling “

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This was after he pushed up the price.

You’re right, maybe he was looking for a budget team.

Maybe he should have waited for the next expansion. He seems pretty upset. I don’t know about him, but if someone came to me and said bidders are dropping out - do you want it? I’d think twice.

So far everything from the purchase to the team has been a gong show and he seems upset about it.

The caps lock button is on the left. You can turn it off by the way. I know some people aren’t so good with technology.
You cant even keep up with your own circus of thoughts. Time to take a time out.

Reactions: RyCam and Sens9292

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Guy belongs in the HHOF........For CLOWN builders.

What a joke this guy was. I can't believe he even survived this offseason (or even last) but clearly he was going to be fired after this year. The hiring as Staios as president of hockey ops clearly showed he was no longer in charge or running things. So he was already a lame duck, I think they just didn't wanna fire him a minute after the season started. He was going this offseason anyway, but what transpired today expedited that.

Reactions: Dialamo

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
Do not know why the fingers are being pointed at the NHL. League wasn't selling the team. If Andlauer has a problem with disclosure, he should be asking the previous owner about it.
Let’s not act like the NHL doesn’t have liability here. They knew full well disclosing two ongoing investigations would prevent a sale or hinder the top dollar coming forward, therefore hurting value of all franchises. They can’t point fingers at the franchise without taking responsibility

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
But he was looked upon so highly???

Has a GM ever directly cost a 1st round pick before like this?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
But he was looked upon so highly???

Has a GM ever directly cost a 1st round pick before like this?
Kovalchuk signature with 1st and 3rd round pick loss.
Looking Back At New Jersey Devils Ilya Kovalchuk Punishment.

Arizona 1st and 2nd round pick loss

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Summer of Chiarelli
1698870918182.png

Reactions: AvroArrow

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
How do fans feel about losing the 1st round pick now?

To be honest, if Chiarelli takes over I would close all bridges around Ottawa. A fanbase can only take so much torment.
Our bridges aren't that high and our river isn't that wide. You'd definitely survive and have a high chance of being rescued.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Kovalchuk signature with 1st and 3rd round pick loss.
Looking Back At New Jersey Devils Ilya Kovalchuk Punishment.

Arizona 1st and 2nd round pick loss
Sorry meant to say directly cost a 1st round pick to have a GM fired. Which this essentially did

Reactions: llamateizer

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm not lawyer, but doesn't the previous ownership have to disclose any outstanding liabilities that are lingering?

Or do you have to ask that question specifically in a way only a lawyer can ask without it being a loophole
They do, but so should the NHL since theyre the ones brokering the deal and doing the investigation. They are all over the tranascation themselves, they can't plead ignorance.

All of this stuff kind of just calls into question what is the actual point of having a head office..so they sign off trade calls but don't apparently maintain a list of NTC, that's on the teams to inform each other. Lmao okay. They find prospective buyers and need to approve of any corporate transactions, but don't need to disclose any investigations theyre doing on the team itself, that's on the seller (their current franchisee). Lmao okay.

Like seriously, they are a franchisor. They don't just get to cop themselves out of all liability between their franchisees, otherwise defund them, cut Bettman back to 4M a year, and run a small team for player safety.

NHL looks like it fumbled the bag hard on this, especially that something so simple took 18 months to investigate, which was of course neatly timed to not blow up the sale of the team.

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad