GDT: Senators @ Devils | 1:00 p.m. | Prudential Center | SNET-E

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
This is bad. I mean we've been bad before but this is really, really bad. Rarely have we seen a team in modern Sens history that has been quite so ineffectual.

Frodo

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe we're not watching the same player. He's slower, his passes are off, his shots are off and his defensive coverage isn't great. He's noticeably more hesitant in almost any situation. Maybe he's really questioning himself but he's a shell of what he once was. It sounds bad because it's Alfredsson, and the team's woes are probably weighing on him a lot...but it's true.

He definitely doesn't have the intensity he's known for. It's hard to single him out though because the whole team is slower, passing poorly, shooting poorly and defending averagely.

You only need to look at our PP stat to know that we are not a good team right now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They are having a great period & just haven't had any puck luck. Really like the way greening is playing this game with a lot more physicality to his game. DD too.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
All things considered NJ has been very lucky tonight. Lots of posts, some random accidental shot blocks...unfortunately Ottawa just doesn't have any luck tonight.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
All things considered NJ has been very lucky tonight. Lots of posts, some random accidental shot blocks...unfortunately Ottawa just doesn't have any luck tonight.

Yep. Despite all the negativity, Ottawa's not playing poorly by any means. They're in the game and deserve to be. They've generated more scoring opportunities than I would have expected.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
This is bad. I mean we've been bad before but this is really, really bad. Rarely have we seen a team in modern Sens history that has been quite so ineffectual.

Had to laugh at this, the only thing this team isn't doing is scoring, they are outplaying and out chancing NJ.

This team has allowed one goal against the first place team, while I would love to see a goal, overall I am pleased with the performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad