Sebastian Aho for the Hart Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I love how people are giving their opinion on how Aho is not Hart worthy, like their opinion is worth anything. Let’s be real here, I think most people have seen him only play once or twice this year and don’t know anything about the kid. The kid is the whole offence for the Canes. Teräväinen is alright, but he is the only superstar at the top of the scorers who has literally no support cast.

Reactions: Husqvarna

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Some may have, but I clearly remember a lot of people saying we reached with the pick.

Oh, no doubt with Fans, because not many follow Finnish players that closely unless they are top tier guys and then we all get our information from the press/pundits. I think TEAMS had him on their radar though as evidence of what I stated above. Even Pronmann had him at #28 in his final ranking.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yes...and not to the mention Crosby, whose grace period in the top 3 extends at least another seven years or so. Regardless of actual production compared to peers. He is just that good :sarcasm:

Have you watched Crosby? He’s been a top-10 player in this regular season without any sort of question. The only year he wasn’t comfortably up there was last year when he completely blew up in the playoffs and more than made up for it.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Not only that, but McKenzie for instance didn't even have Sebastian Aho ranked in his final ranking for 2015(One of the reasons I don't take NHL scouts' opinion on Finnish players too seriously).

As for how good Aho is, in 2016 I said that Sebastian Aho will end up being quite close to Matthews. it doesn't look wrong, though they have rather different strengths and styles of play. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Aho ends up being better, to be honest.
Mr. Mc Kenzie seems not very serious?

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Aho is for me a candidate for the Hart Memorial Trophy! Very impactful player!

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Aho was never supposed to be this good. Many had him as a worse version of Mikael Granlund. I think it's mostly because they started calling him Sea Bass. Which also happens to be a character from the Jim Carrey Movie "Dumb & Dumber". And that character happened to be played by an actual hockey hall of famer. Don't ask me how, but that talent probably rubbed off in some weird way. Don't know how else to explain a border line 2nd round pick making it this far...

Perhaps for the untrained eye. Latest at WJC when Aho carried Laine and Pulju to stardom it was clear that this young Kärpät player will be the next jeesus kraistus of finnish hockey.

Reactions: Husqvarna

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Come on.

It's a toss up.

I'd go Point. Hard for me to choose. My two favorite players in the NHL.

They do everything pretty similarly.

Lol, It's not even close. If Aho had the support Point has, he would likely lead the league in points rather easily surpassing Kucherov by a wide margin. Conversely, you put Point out there with guys like Williams, Teravainen and Niederreiter, I seriously doubt he cracks 70 points.

Reactions: Ducks76

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
I love how people are giving their opinion on how Aho is not Hart worthy, like their opinion is worth anything. Let’s be real here, I think most people have seen him only play once or twice this year and don’t know anything about the kid. The kid is the whole offence for the Canes. Teräväinen is alright, but he is the only superstar at the top of the scorers who has literally no support cast.
So instead we should listen to you who I’m sure have watched every player in the Hart discussion an equal amount? And is completely without bias?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol, It's not even close. If Aho had the support Point has, he would likely lead the league in points rather easily surpassing Kucherov by a wide margin. Conversely, you put Point out there with guys like Williams, Teravainen and Niederreiter, I seriously doubt he cracks 70 points.

Lol dude. You do realise Point put up 33 goals last year and 66 points. All while not getting top powerplay time and getting hard D and PK minutes? So if Point was able to put up over 50 points at 5v5 last season with his most common linemate being Gourde, and while being the teams best PKer and no PP Time, I'd safely say Point would have Aho numbers with the Canes playing with a good player in Teuvo amd getting #1PP Time. He's a special player. Maybe watch him.

Point puts up PPG with CAR, easily.

Act like Aho plays with scrubs.

Nino,Teuvo and Williams are all top 6 Wings. Point would crush it with them.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
So instead we should listen to you who I’m sure have watched every player in the Hart discussion an equal amount? And is completely without bias?
I am saying, that he should be in the Hart consideration, because he is carrying his team, take a look at the guys at a higher PPG: spot a guy without any support cast. McDavid is the best example, yet he has a PPG+ player in Draisaitl with him. I indeed have not watched all Hart candidates play 15+ times this season, but I can confidently say that most people don’t watch any Canes games.

Also, (plus-minus isn’t everything) but the kid is +20 which makes him have the highest plus-minus of the players in the top 16 in scoring on an awful team.

This is the exact same scenario with Hall last year.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The biggest difference between Hall last year and Aho this year is that Hall finished 6th in scoring (and McDavid missed the playoffs, so he was only 9 points back of the highest playoff finisher) and T9 in goals.

This year Aho is currently T14 in scoring (T33 in goals) and is already 26 points back of the scoring leader.

OK, but the qualifications for the Hart are "most valuable to his team" not "who scores the most points."

If he finishes with 90+ points (he's on pace for 93) and the Canes make the playoffs, he should at least be on the short list. He's been carrying the team around on his back for months.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lol dude. You do realise Point put up 33 goals last year and 66 points. All while not getting top powerplay time and getting hard D and PK minutes? So if Point was able to put up over 50 points at 5v5 last season with his most common linemate being Gourde, and while being the teams best PKer and no PP Time, I'd safely say Point would have Aho numbers with the Canes playing with a good player in Teuvo amd getting #1PP Time. He's a special player. Maybe watch him.

Point puts up PPG with CAR, easily.

Act like Aho plays with scrubs.

Nino,Teuvo and Williams are all top 6 Wings. Point would crush it with them.

He's the poster that always wants Aho to be traded with the reasoning that it would be best for the Canes as they could stock up on picks and prospects. :laugh:

So I'd take his posts with a huge grain of salt.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad