Sebastian Aho for the Hart Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I'm getting really tired of people overanalyzing the Hart trophy. If you get 128 points, your value to your team is still 128 points even if you play with other stars. Maybe if a player scoring 128 points was replaced by a 60 points player the team would still have as many wins, but probably not by the same margin. The argument that a team would still make the playoffs without X player doesn't mean that the player is not valuable to his team.

People here evaluate value based on " making the playoffs" vs "not making the playoffs" too much, even if a team is still a 100 points team, bringing that team to say 120 points is still worthy of consideration for the Hart trophy.

At the end of the day, if you so far ahead better offensively, you're providing the most value to your team, even if the team has other great players.

Reactions: BestCoaster

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It's hilarious that this thread is still going. Aho is a great player, but he's not even top-10 forward, let alone get a Hart nomination?

Reactions: kp61c

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Thats cute, you actually have two maple leafs on your small little list, plus two oilers and Kane that didn’t even make the playoffs. Great eh...
Dude Kane had 110 points... you would be Aho ahead of him? And ya... Tavares had 47 goals, also ahead of Aho, along with 10-20 other players

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Sure but at least was 3rd in goals with 47, I'd also throw Ovie into that list with 51. Not saying these players could all win the Hart, just that they're ahead of Aho.
You forgot the leading reason why the Hart is given, Aho is definitely over any Leafs player.

Reactions: Stubu

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Aho wasn’t dragging his team on his back for entire season. He started well but had quiet finish despite their team had intense playoff race until last game of the season. Teravainen was the guy who carried canes at the end after he and Aho were seperated since Nino trade.

I don’t think Aho is worthy of Hart consideration this year.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Not for the hart trophy this year but for the conference final yes! Not bad for a 21yo guy.

I think he is playing with a hand/wrist/elbow/should injury. There is something weird going on...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’m a canes fan and I don’t think he deserves it. Too inconsistent and as others have said he didn’t carry his team. His offense for the first half was pretty much all we had but he dried up a couple of times, especially at the end. Other guys really picked up the slack. Nino, Tt, Hamilton, Williams.

The goalies are really the heroes for the Canes this year.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
I think he is playing with a hand/wrist/elbow/should injury. There is something weird going on...
For sure. I don’t think anyone would argue that Aho, as of today, is the Conn Smythe candidate for the Canes.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
His game has looked off for half of these playoffs, so this rest they'll be getting is a big ++ for them.

Though in the last 2 games, and last night he had more jump in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad