Sebastian Aho for the Hart Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Then just admit that the Hart doesn't actually go to the player who is most important to his team, as the rule says. It just goes to whoever scores the most. Because there's no way, no way at all, that Aho isn't at the very least in the top 10 of players that fit the existing criteria.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
"Hart trophy is awarded to the player judged most valuable to his team". Top players out of my mind in this category are McDavid, Aho and Barkov. Without them their team will go (more) down and fast.

In reality the trophy will go to best player of the league who is bar none Kucherov with Kane as a contender

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
"Hart trophy is awarded to the player judged most valuable to his team". Top players out of my mind in this category are McDavid, Aho and Barkov. Without them their team will go (more) down and fast.

In reality the trophy will go to best player of the league who is bar none Kucherov with Kane as a contender
In reality the last Hart winner was Taylor Hall and he was not the best player in the league last year.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If Blackhawks make playoffs, Kane should win it no question.

But honestly, Kucherov shouldn't win it. His team just is too stacked. He's not as important.

Sebastian Aho is a solid choice, he's the heart and soul of Canes. Just look at that roster.

Reactions: Husqvarna and EP40

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Lol dude. You do realise Point put up 33 goals last year and 66 points. All while not getting top powerplay time and getting hard D and PK minutes? So if Point was able to put up over 50 points at 5v5 last season with his most common linemate being Gourde, and while being the teams best PKer and no PP Time, I'd safely say Point would have Aho numbers with the Canes playing with a good player in Teuvo amd getting #1PP Time. He's a special player. Maybe watch him.

Point puts up PPG with CAR, easily.

Act like Aho plays with scrubs.

Nino,Teuvo and Williams are all top 6 Wings. Point would crush it with them.
Stopped reading there...

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Historically, the Hart goes to the best offensive forward of a playoff team. This "best offensive" criteria is most often decided by points with some consideration to goal-scoring. There are exceptions to the rule (such as Taylor Hall, Alex Ovechkin 2013 or Wayne Gretzky 1988). This season is shaping up to be the kind, where Kucherov is leading the offensive narrative while Kane and McDavid are chasing him. If the season ends today, Kucherov would win the Hart. If at the end of the season, Kane is within few points of Kucherov and Hawks make the PO's Kane wins. If McDavid is within few points and the Oilers make the PO's he wins.

For Aho to have top-5 voting results this season, he would need to improve his offensive numbers (to be around top-10/5) and the Canes have to make the playoffs. At this point, it's not impossibe but I'd say he's best described as a "dark horse" for the Hart. He's 99,9% certainly not winning it. But after the few obvious names I think he's as good of a candidate as anyone.

Reactions: MMANumminen

JFG

Mar 14, 2012

Yeah, Florida is really flying this year.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
yeah I mean as stupid as him winning it last year was at least Hall was 6th in scoring last year(and 7th in points per game)

Aho is 15th in scoring right now(and 23rd in points per game)

Hall was also 0.10 behind first in points per game and 0.04 behind 3rd in points per game

right now Aho is 0.45 behind first in points per game and 0.32 behind third in points per game

more than a little difference there,Aho isn't even in the same universe as the top offensive guys right now

and the whole thought process that lead to Hall winning it last year was stupid to begin with anyways,it should just go to the best player value isn't some intangible thing it's a measurable concept and the best player provides the most of it by default

but no we gotta give it to the good player with the ****tiest teammates without them being ****ty enough to miss the Playoffs

Same universe. What are you talking abou?t :D you seem like a guy who just look at the points nothing else. Do you realise that Aho is playing a team where he is the offence himself. Put him to Tampa or Toronto and he would easily have these "universe" points. He is btw +21 and carrying himself his team to the playoffs. Who else than McDavid or Kane is doing that?

Reactions: Husqvarna

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
OK, but the qualifications for the Hart are "most valuable to his team" not "who scores the most points."

If he finishes with 90+ points (he's on pace for 93) and the Canes make the playoffs, he should at least be on the short list. He's been carrying the team around on his back for months.
If only we had some kind of long history to look at to determine what the award is about. Oh well, since the award is brand new this season we can go by what they claim it is about.
In reality the last Hart winner was Taylor Hall and he was not the best player in the league last year.
Yes, and McDavid should've won it.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Same universe. What are you talking abou?t :D you seem like a guy who just look at the points nothing else. Do you realise that Aho is playing a team where he is the offence himself. Put him to Tampa or Toronto and he would easily have these "universe" points. He is btw +21 and carrying himself his team to the playoffs. Who else than McDavid or Kane is doing that?
Pretty rich coming from a guy who just looks at the players nationality and then judges them after that.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Yes, and McDavid should've won it.

Oil finished 23rd in the league, well outside of a playoff spot, despite an above average shootout record. How on earth is a player on that team winning the Hart? Clue: he isn't. Iginla almost won the Hart once while missing the playoffs but that was because it was at the tail end of the DPE and the competition for the trophy was historically bad.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Big Canes fan. I am amazed by how good Aho has been considering this is his first NHL season playing 1C--a position the Canes desperately need.
However, I don't think Aho will or should win the Hart. Even strictly adhering to the award being given to the most valuable player to his team, I see the case for Kucherov, Kane, McDavid, Gaudreau.
The important point is that this likely won't be close to Aho's best season. He has improved as the year progressed. I expect he will be even better in the next year or two. Aho contending for the Hart will be an annual discussion.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Sebastian Aho is a solid choice, he's the heart and soul of Canes. Just look at that roster.

The Canes roster is good overall. The forward group is a bit subpar but they have one of the best D squads in the league, and MacElhinney is top 10 in both Sv% and GAA.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
[MOD]

Not a chance. Kucherov, McDavid, or Gaudreau are the front runners.
If Kucherov gets 120 points or close to it the Hart, and Lindsay will go to him the voting won't be close.

Last edited:

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I would have no problem with Kucherov, Kane and Aho getting nominated. Kane will win regardless of Kuch's point totals if the Blackhawks make the playoffs. He's the very definition of Hart this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad