Seattle Kraken expectations for 2022-23

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Well I expected a better mascot than this, so they're already failing in my book

unknown.png

More proof the hockey experiment in Seattle has been a failure. Time to shut it down, Gary.

• Wow
Reactions: Curufinwe and Hoek

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
All comes down to whether they get saves. They get saves and they can be decent. They weren't an awful skater group last year but just got no saves

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I said it before the start of the season last year and I say it this year as well, Seattle needs much better goaltending than Grubauer can give them. So I don't see a reason to believe the Kraken will do better in the coming season than they did in the last one.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Wouldn't be shocked to see them sneak into a WC spot in the West, but still think they miss. Probably like 9th-11th place in the West standings.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I do see where the Op is coming from but a 1-2 punch of rookie Centre's is going to be up and down.

It seems unlikely either is a point a game guy. I'd say you need 120 points from the pair to be comfortable.

A lot could boil down to the power play. They will be better. They will be fun to watch. Some early success could give them real momentum.

I'd be excited if I was a Kraken fan.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kraken currently 6th in the West in terms of GPG.

Wright being such a non factor has made this thread blow up in my face although the offense seems to be very solid regardless. D and goaltending is another story….

Wright being a non factor isn't the *only* reason this thread is blowing up in your face. The fact you overrated their forward group and didn't factor in that not having a true #1D is going to affect a team's overall standing is also playing a major part.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wright being a non factor isn't the *only* reason this thread is blowing up in your face. The fact you overrated their forward group and didn't factor in that not having a true #1D is going to affect a team's overall standing is also playing a major part.

Don't recall saying much about their D.

Right now they have four very good lines and Gourde and Bjorkstrand are seriously underperforming. My point in the original post was always about their forward group IF they could get 50 out of Wright.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
There's no reason to panic. Seattle is in year two of their existence and they are still building things up and out.

From the start the plan was to be in the playoffs at year 3.

They'll be competitive this year but the outcome will probably be another lottery pick - Which is good because it adds to the foundation.

I wouldn't be too worried if I was a fan or follower. Things seem to be going along on schedule.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Don't recall saying much about their D.

Right now they have four very good lines and Gourde and Bjorkstrand are seriously underperforming. My point in the original post was always about their forward group IF they could get 50 out of Wright.

You called them the deepest forward group in the West. One player you pegged to score 50 points not getting 50 points shouldn't be the sole reason that didn't materialize.

The point about the D isn't what you predicted for the D itself, but how their lack of quality #1D will affect your prediction for them being this year's Florida.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You called them the deepest forward group in the West. One player you pegged to score 50 points not getting 50 points shouldn't be the sole reason that didn't materialize.

The point about the D isn't what you predicted for the D itself, but how their lack of quality #1D will affect your prediction for them being this year's Florida.

I think without Wright being an impact player they won't finish top in the West in terms of GF, but they are 6th right now with Gourde and Bjorkstrand being 0s. Don't see that lasting long.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
While the offense has been good I'd argue Martin Jones finding form/confidence at goal tender and making big/clutch saves while Grubauer has been out injured has made a massive difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad