Seattle Kraken expectations for 2022-23

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
They're doing just fine. No way they're catching Vegas, but considering how off the mark they were last year... it's a nice turnaround. With better goaltending - it's improved yet not great - they could be in better position.

They are now 4th best point percentage in the league.

6 points off Vegas with 3 games in hand.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nice call(s)/prediction(s) in back to back years dude.

I wad widly off with my prediction of being 15pts off wildcard by end of season.
Thought their C depth was iffy but Berny doing awesome so far.

Wasting hours of watching hockey helps me get internet cred.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Hakstol seems to be doing wonders for the Kraken. McFarland has the PP doing well. Is it McFarland's time for a head coach gig somewhere?

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
I think Seattle may surprise some people this season. I don’t think they will be the pushovers that everyone is expecting. Their forward group could be bubble playoff team potential. Their defense sucks a bit, but a lot of teams in the league have shaky d.
This is a fun bump. I don’t know if Seattle is even better than I expected, or the west is worse. Little mix of both I think.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Like I mentioned in the other thread, happy to be wrong about the Kraken for this year. You could tell they have skill and depth, but the way they've been able to play as a team to limit their weaknesses has been fun to watch.

They were so weak defensively last year, and bringing back most of the same personnel and same coach, this is quite a turnaround all things considered.

Not the best time to say this as they've given up 12 goals in their last 2 games haha. But I think it's a team that has an identity to fall back on now when things need to be corrected.

As a sidenote, their points percentage is the same that VGK had in their inaugural season in late November. It's basically Vegas all over again.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Currently they have the best point% in the West..
15-5-3 record - 33 points, two behind Vegas, two games in hand.

giphy 22.gif

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
This reminds me of 2001 when the Nashville Predators and Columbus Blue Jackets were battling for the top spot in the Western Conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad