Seattle Kraken expectations for 2022-23

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
Some of the threads this year make me wonder if we are fully aware of the effects of long Covid.

The Kraken has zero chance at a winning record let alone play offs, what the hell are you smoking?
Have you not noticed in all Sports. A majority of expansion teams seem to do well in their first couple years.
Of course no one wants to hear why lol.
This isn't a surprise at all, their success

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll take a bow. Deepest forward group in the West at 70 games. Only Edmonton is above them.

Seattle likely finished with 14 players over 10 goals.

4 teams in NHL history have had 10 20 goal scorers. 4. No team has done it in over 40 years.

The Blues had 9 last year, first team to do it in 20 years.

Last team to have 8 was the 05/06 Red Wings. That team tied for fifth most wins in NHL history.

Only 7 teams in the last 20 years have had 7 20 goal scorers.

Easily?

I think it's dozens of times more likely that they win the division than have 9, let alone 10, 20 goal scorers.

You were right, but 6 players are on pace for 20 goals with an additional four right in the 18-19 range.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Have you not noticed in all Sports. A majority of expansion teams seem to do well in their first couple years.
Of course no one wants to hear why lol.
This isn't a surprise at all, their success

Great perspective of where the team where at last year versus this.

They've slowed down a little offensively. Badly need Burakovsky back. Next 2 games against Nashville will go a long way to determine if they are a play off team or not.

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022

Great perspective of where the team where at last year versus this.

They've slowed down a little offensively. Badly need Burakovsky back. Next 2 games against Nashville will go a long way to determine if they are a play off team or not.
How often do teams play back to back?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
This Seattle team makes no sense.

Terrible goaltending and zero offensive support. theyreare wither going to get exposed in the playoffs or make the cup final.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
This Seattle team makes no sense.

Terrible goaltending and zero offensive support. theyreare wither going to get exposed in the playoffs or make the cup final.
Joey Daccord to come in from Coachella with Grubauer hurt and Jones sucking to carry them to the cup. :D I can dream. He did play well vs Dallas though and has been good in the AHL.

If you ask most Kraken fans they are just happy to make the play offs for now and set the culture/franchise to a good footing, anything else being a huge bonus. We still have PTSD from the Mariners 21 year play off drought that just ended so basically just don't be them.

They do go on streaks though so if they catch hot in April they've shown they can beat the best. No one really knows yet how they'll react in the play offs.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'll take a bow. Deepest forward group in the West at 70 games. Only Edmonton is above them.

Seattle likely finished with 14 players over 10 goals.
Shouldn't I be the one taking a bow then? Since you know, what I said actually happened as opposed to came close to happening?

So by your own evaluation, you have a top line that scores 150-180 points this year. Edmonton has a top line that's not unreasonable to expect to score close to 300 points this season. So that's 40 goals more from one line alone. AND they have the same 30-50 points guys below that. So where is this "depth" I'm not seeing? Where is this overmatch where you make up for those 40 goals you are missing from the 1st line?

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Well, I had my doubts early on, but at this point it's fair to say that Seattle is for real and that they are making the playoffs. They'll have a tough opponent in round 1, but whoever that ends up being, I would take the Kraken seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad