Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
You’ve missed the entire point. The team was built and played exactly how McDermott wanted. And lost. Again. They couldn’t make impact plays on offense because they don’t have the weapons. They don’t have the weapons because Beane has ignored the need for wide receiver help for years.

DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO BEAT MAHOMES IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE WILL SCORE ON YOUR DEFENSE. HE HAS DONE SO THREE TIMES AND THEY WERE HEALTHY TWO OF THEM.

McDermott still does not understand the way to beat Mahomes is to score more on offense. He thinks zero big plays and a conservative approach THAT THEY LOST WITH was good.

That is insane.

here…someone spelled it out already.

They have a great chance of winning if Allen takes the crossing route on 2nd down and just takes the first instead of going for it all.

You're spouting weapons grade bullshit. As usual. It was a coin flip game that they happened to come up short on.

They scored more points per possession than any team in the entire NFL averaged over the course of the season, with no turnovers and poor field position, and you're ranting about "scoring more".

You'd twist literally anything McDermott said into being "why he can't do it" or "why he sucks". You're a disingenuous little prick who deserved the Bills drought years and deserves them to go back to those days. Hopefully leadership is smarter than you and your little sect of screaming morons.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Anyone sitting around debating defense (as if Mahomes hasn’t shredded a healthy McDermott D twice in the playoffs) or special teams is missing the entire point.

Do you know what they actually needed to win that game?

One WR who could catch one ball down the field.

That’s it.

That player is not here because they invest relentlessly in depth for the defense.

Elam and Basham…had to have em. Can’t use a day one or two pick to give Allen a WR. No. Had to have em.

….

Until this philosophy changes…the result will not change. McDermott has had THREE tries doing it his way. He failed three times.

Offense. Offense. Offense.

Do you know how many games they’ve lost by more than one score in the last two years including playoffs?

one.

Defense is keeping you goddamned close enough. Get the one more score. Stop trying to prevent points and go dictate the game. Get a f***ing Wide Receiver. Because it sure as hell looks like you actually need two. Waited so long to get a second quality outside receiving option we appear to be at freaking zero.

• Haha
Reactions: Fearnot

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Brandon Beane in 2020 - Look what getting a #1 WR for Josh has done for his development!

2021-2024 - Hey do you ever wonder what a second high quality receiver would…

Beane - No.

….

Now he’ll spend the off-season spending every penny to rebuild a defense that Mahomes will shred anyway while the answer was a rookie contract wide receiver he has passed on for years.

It will not stop until McDermott is gone.

Reactions: kirby11

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Stop playing so much Madden. It's breaking whatever football knowledge you may have once had.

I love the idea that the 2020 and 2021 offenses were these conservative offenses and not among the most attacking downfield offenses in the league over those years.

Hint: defenses have adjusted.

Also, on the subject of "outscoring" Mahomes, do you really not understand that if we score quickly, that just means that Mahomes gets more possessions and more chances to score against our defense? If you're not capable of stopping the other team (which is what you're claiming), the BEST you can hope for is to be in a coin flip game at the end if your offense plays equally well...and that's exactly what we were in tonight (and exactly what the last four meetings with the Chiefs have been). Your supposed solutions don't even make any f***ing sense. The only teams to beat Kansas City in the playoffs during the current Mahomes era (Tampa, Cincinatti) figured out how to get stops.

Last edited:

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Re-sign:
Daquan Floyd Epenesa Dodson at the right price
Ty Johnson, David Edwards please

OL TE are set
CB I'm fine with bringing back Dane as CB3/4, Rasul and Benford are sufficient, obviously hinges on Tre
LB is set

Draft WR, S, developmental DLs

Reactions: Vito_81

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Re-sign:
Daquan Floyd Epenesa Dodson at the right price
Ty Johnson, David Edwards please

OL TE are set
CB I'm fine with bringing back Dane as CB3/4, Rasul and Benford are sufficient, obviously hinges on Tre
LB is set

Draft WR, S, developmental DLs
Offensive weapon #1, They were a weapon short tonight on O imo in the end, Saftie(s) one FA/1 draft, C( if Morse retires), Cb if Tre is done, upgrade Sherfield/Harty, Depth, figure out the Miller situation

Proud of the way the fought with the injuries but add in the mistakes and the result is about right.

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
*sees thread title*

Which team are we talking about here again?
The one that loses in the actual playoffs.
I think the Sabres help crushing our hearts by training us to feel excited about games that could help us get within 7 points of the playoffs. We pretend to get high on rolled up Sabres oregano and then Bills shoots us straight in the dick with heroin.

It's the day after here. I'm disappointed how this season ended but if you look back on the win streak and the effort to get to this game you still have to be proud of the fans, players and especially brady.
They came really close, if our wingers make a catch on any of those three great plays we probably have a win and super highlight.

Give Brady a juicy salary bump.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
That stung so f***ing much. Hope Josh doesn't end up going the Marino route but year after year they don't make the stops or his guys drop pivotal passes. Can't f***ing stand KC and it's douche players and fans. Hope Baltimore buries KC under their f***ing stadium and Lamar dances all over them.

Oh and f*** Von Miller, get the f*** off this team

Last edited:

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Offensive weapon #1, They were a weapon short tonight on O imo in the end, Saftie(s) one FA/1 draft, C( if Morse retires), Cb if Tre is done, upgrade Sherfield/Harty, Depth, figure out the Miller situation

Proud of the way the fought with the injuries but add in the mistakes and the result is about right.

C - I think Bates steps in post-Morse if he isn't a cap casualty
CB - Depth required but starters I'm confident in?
Depth WR - genuinely wonder who can be had for relatively cheap. The #1 O weapon will take Davis'+some of Diggs' snaps. It's likely Kincaid+Shakir will see more snaps and targets next year, I wonder on the target share of these depth weapons.
Miller - I think we're stuck with him so fingers crossed he can come back......he did have a TFL wiped from the stat sheet lol.

Maybe spend some ST money elsewhere, obviously you can't prepare for stuff like LB 1+2+4 all being out and LB3 banged up but my gawd have somebody not off the street that can contribute?

It's the day after here. I'm disappointed how this season ended but if you look back on the win streak and the effort to get to this game you still have to be proud of the fans, players and especially brady.
They came really close, if our wingers make a catch on any of those three great plays we probably have a win and super highlight.

Give Brady a juicy salary bump.

Ehh....I'm slightly iffy on the Diggs drop (Sherfield's 2 drops for sure). In hindsight it let us do that clock killing drive which SHOULD have let us have a game-ending score. But win or lose it still adds 100 or so yards on Josh's day which would have been awesome.

Man, if we had even one of Milano or Bernard today....this whole season was a what could have been, it sucks. The depth players were finally gelling together defensively then the Miami/Pittsburgh games destroyed it all back to WK5-10 status. Mason Rudolph and Mike Tomlin picked apart the middle of the field, of course Reid and Mahomes were licking their chops.

All in all, few small execution errors on both sides of the ball was the difference. Other than the fake punt I don't think McD blew it (contrary to the fire McD crowd), he did what he could with a duct-tape defense, he was missing key players in an area vital to his scheme.
Oh and of course while we have all the dropsies, MVS chooses today of all days to not have drops.

It's amazing how they fought back from 5-5, 6-6, to grab the division back from Miami AND get the 2 seed (even considering a down year for KC, Cincy losing Burrow, Chargers imploding, etc.), amidst all the BS 20,000 article crap.

I think KC has a potential to be boatraced next week by Baltimore, but I won't be opposed to seeing a KC vs Detroit SB, just to see the season end the way it started, KC losing by bone-headed WR play.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm a football noob, one thing I don't understand is why Buffalo tried to go so aggressively for the touchdown during the last drive?

Was there too much time left anyway? It looked like the tactic was to score fast so that KC could score and leave some time for Bills?

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
That Diggs drop was unacceptable and the difference in this game. Failing to catch is one thing, failing to judge where the ball was is another issue. Diggs can't get open. I guess when he is our #3 next year he won't have to worry as much. Every ball to Kelce was a catch. None of them dropped anything. Just throw everything to Kinkaid and Shakir.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
That Diggs drop was unacceptable and the difference in this game. Failing to catch is one thing, failing to judge where the ball was is another issue. Diggs can't get open. I guess when he is our #3 next year he won't have to worry as much. Every ball to Kelce was a catch. None of them dropped anything. Just throw everything to Kinkaid and Shakir.
Diggs and Von regressing killed us. Also weak AF game from our D line. Roster has a lot of holes hopefully some good FA's wanna sign to play with Josh and we get some restructures.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Diggs and Von regressing killed us. Also weak AF game from our D line. Roster has a lot of holes hopefully some good FA's wanna sign to play with Josh and we get some restructures.
Every. Single. Game. Every game in the post season our D line disappears. They lose every year to a "weak" or "injured" o line. The D line got dominated by weak tackles this year, and dominated by a patchwork Bengals O line last year.

Reactions: Kevbeau and kirby11

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
My problem with the coaching staff is they're all people that Beane or McD has worked with before. As others have said, I'm not impressed with Brady. I didn't see many receivers getting schemed open, and Diggs yards tumbled dramatically when he took over. I'm worried nothing will change and they'll run it back.

Really sick of the injuries

Reactions: kirby11

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Every. Single. Game. Every game in the post season our D line disappears. They lose every year to a "weak" or "injured" o line. The D line got dominated by weak tackles this year, and dominated by a patchwork Bengals O line last year.
Von clearly cant comeback from his knee injury, Rousseau is pedestrian AJ,Floyd and Ed didnt show up at all. Wishful that Von will retire but that wont happen.

My problem with the coaching staff is they're all people that Beane or McD has worked with before. As others have said, I'm not impressed with Brady. I didn't see many receivers getting schemed open, and Diggs yards tumbled dramatically when he took over. I'm worried nothing will change and they'll run it back.

Really sick of the injuries
Receivers were open they just didn't catch, easily could of put up 30+ on the chiefs D.
He's got to go and not just because of thst miss...He sucks.
Yeh f*** ever having bAss kick again his brain would be all over the place if hes forced into more clutch kicking spots.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I see we're still completely ignoring that the Bills spent their 1st rounder on a pass catcher this year. Disingenuous. As. f***.
Angry much????? They spent a 1st round pick on a pass catcher which was nice but it wasn't what they needed. They needed a deep threat WR with speed. Last night they made no plays over 20 yards and had to play perfect to drive down the field.

Great they had a high scoring offense in the regular season but again come playoffs they struggle.

As far as your post about people deserving to see the Bills winning after seeing this from last night I lost all respect for Bills Mafia.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Angry much????? They spent a 1st round pick on a pass catcher which was nice but it wasn't what they needed. They needed a deep threat WR with speed. Last night they made no plays over 20 yards and had to play perfect to drive down the field.

Great they had a high scoring offense in the regular season but again come playoffs they struggle.

As far as your post about people deserving to see the Bills winning after seeing this from last night I lost all respect for Bills Mafia.

2 missed snowballs that are 2 square inches? Thats more trashy than a riot or throwing batteries? give me a break.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
You’ve missed the entire point. The team was built and played exactly how McDermott wanted. And lost. Again. They couldn’t make impact plays on offense because they don’t have the weapons. They don’t have the weapons because Beane has ignored the need for wide receiver help for years.

DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO BEAT MAHOMES IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE WILL SCORE ON YOUR DEFENSE. HE HAS DONE SO THREE TIMES AND THEY WERE HEALTHY TWO OF THEM.

McDermott still does not understand the way to beat Mahomes is to score more on offense. He thinks zero big plays and a conservative approach THAT THEY LOST WITH was good.

That is insane.

You know what they actually needed instead of the entire defense to improve or the punter and kicker to be better?

One wide receiver who could make one catch down the field.

That is f***ing it.

here…someone spelled it out already.

Tampa bay beat Mahomes in Super Bowl with a good defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad