Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The final word on that game is that it’s tied if the kicker does the one job he has…but it’s won if the GM gave a solitary f*** about his WR group at any point in the past few years.

Anything else ignores the fundamental truth of what happens to top defenses against elite QBs in the playoffs. I’ve seen Mahomes in the playoffs against a healthy Bills D that ranked atop the league. He shreds it.

It’s a fools errand building a top defense and sending your QB out to win a shootout with receivers who don’t get separation and can’t catch. And they do it every year.

Guys I'd consider bringing back AT THE RIGHT PRICE: Davis, Epenesa, Floyd, Dodson

Guys I want to bring back: Jones, Ty Johnson, David Edwards
They need a WR who can get open. Davis hasn’t gotten open in two years.

They need a WR who can catch. Davis ain’t it.

They need a WR outside that Allen can trust. Davis puts up 0s half the year when he is healthy.

Im going to do what this organization should have put themselves in a better position to do a lot better tonight and pass

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yeah. Miller, Knox, Diggs (and Bass) are all Bills next year for better or worse. That's why it kind of terrifies me that Beane is going to run it back with minimal (needed) changes.
Agree with this. I worry they over-prioritize keeping "their guys" who know the system when it's obvious the defense, in particular, needs to get younger and more dynamic at some key areas

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Diggs actually would only cost ~3 million extra if he's traded. If we got a significant return (first or high second), that could be stomached. If he actually wants out, and wants to negotiate his own trade, that's fine.

Would anything be pushed into future years, or would it be the extra 3 mil and then we're done with him?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

They need a WR outside that Allen can trust. Davis puts up 0s half the year when he is healthy.
Please note that I said "at the right price".

And in Gabe's case, my right is price is probably half of what he'd earn elsewhere.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The only time Gabe Davis is open is when he runs an option route so incorrectly the defender stops because the ball is 20 yards away.

Which he did repeatedly.

Putting him on the field just means you still need a WR…and now wont play one. Wouldn’t take him for free. They need production. Not to save money on zeros.

Reactions: zenthusiast

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The final word on that game is that it’s tied if the kicker does the one job he has…but it’s won if the GM gave a solitary f*** about his WR group at any point in the past few years.

Anything else ignores the fundamental truth of what happens to top defenses against elite QBs in the playoffs. I’ve seen Mahomes in the playoffs against a healthy Bills D that ranked atop the league. He shreds it.

It’s a fools errand building a top defense and sending your QB out to win a shootout with receivers who don’t get separation and can’t catch. And they do it every year.

Im going to do what this organization should have put themselves in a better position to do a lot better tonight and pass

Chiefs WRS were trash all year and walked away with the W.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We'd be done. 3 million added to the current cap. Nothing in 2025.
Well then.

I doubt we could get a 1st. Unless we package something WITH Diggs to get Houston's 1st (from CLE)?

Wonder if we could get old friends Schoen and Daboll to give us their 2nd?

But yeah.....do that........then maybe trade up to go get one of the Big 4 WRs.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Another heartbreaker. I've gotten to the point where I have a hard time watching the games because they're so frustrating. My condolences to anybody feeling gut wrenching frustration right now. I was pretty sure the Chiefs would win. They just always do. They make the right plays. I don't know all the fine details, but I always wish the Bills would commit to running the ball more. They were terrible underachievers most of the year and found ways to lose games or make them closer than they should have been. It was a heartbreaking year. But to be honest I had no faith in this team to do anything since about halfway through the year. I wish I was proven wrong on that one.

I'm rooting for a Ravens v Lions Super Bowl. Sorry everyone for another disappointment. It hurts.

Jage

Oct 29, 2022
It is a bit concerning that we have so many expensive contracts on players that have lost their step.

I hope Von can bounce back, he has a reason as to why he looked as he did but Diggs doesnt have that same novelty.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
An honorable loving family shout out, to josh and Diggs and cook and one of the best nfl kickers. , Tyler Bass for a great effort , All heart in a strange defining game which encapsulates the state of the nfl. More love for Poyer to the practice squad players stepping up when needed , lead by McD that truly bent but didn't break to do enough to advance to a game against Balt. No I'm sincere and in no way sarcastic.

To them above with all effort D fence playing within themselves, that attempted to win the same game three or fours times over w a relentless opponent in their face, as well as the Kansas City Chiefs and some usual zebra activity.

Alll year long these men w families played as well or better than ANY team in this strange league, never once hanging their head or giving up no matter how things they had miraculously go against them since week one . I aplaud this team and their perseverance in spite of odds stacked against them in ways most of our wonderful fans , many will be unforgiving, may or may not come to understand over the years. The true deph of the subtil death of sport , Two teams battlin under the eyes of the creator.

Thank You buffalo.

Btw. Anyone have a vid of the diggs bomb or or cooks I was curious about a few things and couldn't find. Thank You.

Edit. Saw Hilarious a grainy twitt vid and bad angle thru Diggs hands. Surest hands in the league couldnt see the ball.

Watching this team is a privilege like watching Jimbo and Bruce and the 90s. Watching gilbert perrault and martin magic on the ice ,99 sabres run as well as a few others. Josh is transcendent human being in a strange time that no longer values honor.

Last edited:
Reactions: The don godfather

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I strongly dislike Tyler Bass.
Watch his last fifty kicks and the be amazed at the lateral movement anomalies in both directions of 4 of those and your hatred may or may not be refocused in a totally different direction considering the physics and laws of probability

Good night all , Don't let anyone puppet your and take a second before responding to triggers of emotion that are out of character in those around you that you care for before judging Or responding in the land of grimm fairytale and hijacked frequency

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
In case anyone was worried they they would concentrate on the right thing this off-season

It will never get better with this man in charge. He will continue to chase preventing points instead of scoring them. It will never end.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's almost a relief to be out because late season football through the playoffs is tense!

Also, I will forever wonder what could've been if this defense was even partially healthy the past 2 years.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
In case anyone was worried they they would concentrate on the right thing this off-season

It will never get better with this man in charge. He will continue to chase preventing points instead of scoring them. It will never end.

He's 100% correct. The offense was the only unit that played an above average game tonight. The offense scored more points per possession from below average field position even with the missed FG than the #1 offense in the NFL did over the course of the season. They controlled the ball. They never turned it over. Obviously the ending stinks and they probably should have gotten off of the run a possession before they did, but they played an excellent offensive game overall. The special teams was straight trash. The defense obviously has a bit of an excuse in that they were banged up, but they were absolutely shredded by a team that did not have a good offensive season at all.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's 100% correct. The offense was the only unit that played an above average game tonight. The offense scored more points per possession from below average field position even with the missed FG than the #1 offense in the NFL did over the course of the season. They controlled the ball. They never turned it over. Obviously the ending stinks and they probably should have gotten off of the run a possession before they did, but they played an excellent offensive game overall. The special teams was straight trash. The defense obviously has a bit of an excuse in that they were banged up, but they were absolutely shredded by a team that did not have a good offensive season at all.

You’ve missed the entire point. The team was built and played exactly how McDermott wanted. And lost. Again. They couldn’t make impact plays on offense because they don’t have the weapons. They don’t have the weapons because Beane has ignored the need for wide receiver help for years.

DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO BEAT MAHOMES IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE WILL SCORE ON YOUR DEFENSE. HE HAS DONE SO THREE TIMES AND THEY WERE HEALTHY TWO OF THEM.

McDermott still does not understand the way to beat Mahomes is to score more on offense. He thinks zero big plays and a conservative approach THAT THEY LOST WITH was good.

That is insane.

You know what they actually needed instead of the entire defense to improve or the punter and kicker to be better?

One wide receiver who could make one catch down the field.

That is f***ing it.

here…someone spelled it out already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad