Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
That's a dumb gripe. You even outlined why it's dumb, by conceding that McDermott was in an impossible position. He had to play ****ing someone. And it's not Madden. Beane didn't have the option of acquiring much in the way of a replacement post deadline. So, terrible take, Husko. Terrible.
He could have played their third round pick, Dorian Williams, who looked good when they finally brought him into the game in the 4th quarter and the defense got their only stop of the entire game.

You don't have to be an ass.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“We have to make one more play.”

”We have to find a way to score one more point that they do”

- Allen right now

Time to march into Beane’s office and demand wide receiver help.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I don't think McDermott is the guy to get the team over the hump. He is a D guy and his D sucks ass with the soft coverage bend but don't break but allow a team to march down the field 75 yards in 3 plays.

Need someone with some balls who is willing to take chances

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When the broadcast started showing fans in the stands with their heads buried in their hands, and that douche Kelsey taunting them, waving goodbye, that really hurt.

I know it's just sports. But it hurt.

Reactions: buffa dud

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
“We have to make one more play.”

”We have to find a way to score one more point that they do”

- Allen right now

Time to march into Beane’s office and demand wide receiver help.
They actually needed about 3 or 4 more little plays. Hit Diggs underneath for an easy first down, keep the clock running, and if you have to kick its much closer and near zeroes.

Deleted member 346512

Buffalo is a loser town. neither Bills nor the Sabres will ever win anything. Not with Pegula as owner. This family brings no happiness to the city

ps: please finally delete my shitty account!:D

• Love
Reactions: Fearnot

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Allen had three amazing plays that went through the hands of his receivers.

The ending was the usual Bills meltdown where Josh runs hot and buttholes tighten and brains cramp.

Bills are a thousand times more painful than the Sabres. With the Sabres there is no hope.
The Bills is the darkest blues song never written.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I'm on page 628 of 649 skimming through the game. I see Klein's name over and over again. He was released from the practice squad December 9 thèn signed January 11 and playing most of the game January 21. This f***ing season. Bass should have made the kick but I hope no one blames him for the season ending.

January 11, 2024Signed LB A.J. Klein to the practice squad. Released DT Eli Ankou from the practice squad.

As per what seems to be the norm Hyde and Poyer first at the mic post game. Good dudes. They had a hell of a run. Unsure if this is it for them but if they're gone the team will miss them more than just on the field.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
McDermott isn't losing his job nor should he.

But gosh one of his biggest flaws, almost always choosing less talented vets over more talented but still learning younger players, reared its ugly head tonight. Klein over Williams, and obviously hobbled and getting burned Douglas over Elam, Kincaid not being trusted with a 100% snap share when he's clearly our most effective receiving threat.

I don't know how you break someone out of this natural urge for experience over talent, but it will always be my biggest gripe with McDermott.

I'm on page 628 of 649 skimming through the game. I see Klein's name over and over again. He was released from the practice squad December 9 thèn signed January 11 and playing most of the game January 21. This f***ing season. Bass should have made the kick but I hope no one blames him for the season ending.

January 11, 2024Signed LB A.J. Klein to the practice squad. Released DT Eli Ankou from the practice squad.
Yup. I don't get how you can decide this is the answer. Someone unemployed 10 days ago.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Since 2021 we've played 5 games against the Chiefs. 4 were true coin flip games that came down to one play or series of plays. We've won two and lost two. It's just so happens the two we lost were the playoff games

f***ing sucks.

Oh and that was by far the best game KC receivers as a group had all year, even with the Hardman fumble.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Galaxy brain take:
-Maybe if we weren't giving a roster spot and $2 million in cap to Tyler Matakevich we could've had a 3rd string linebacker on the team all year actually capable of playing linebacker
-Maybe if we weren't giving a roster spot and over $3 million in cap space to Siran Neal, we could've had a backup NB/Safety on the roster capable of playing NB/Safety, letting them push Poyer to the bench/dime backer only when it was clear he was a huge liability to get burned over the top
-Maybe if we weren't giving a roster spot and $2 million in cap to Reggie Gilliam, we could've had more depth at pass catcher or a spot for a power running back (Gilliam player under 100 offensive snaps, we don't actually use a fullback, he's just another STer)

Giving so many dedicated roster spots and legitimate cap space to special teams only players has a cost, especially when those special teams units are still a liability. I know I've sounded like a clown harping on this at times. But right here, this year, with all the injuries and a depleted team, we saw the bad end of constructing your roster like this.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Lots of work to be done.... Reciever help being the most obvious on offense.... As for the D , I want to see how they address the Saftey position. I'm assuming that Hyde is gone and maybe Poyer ( though he still has 1 year left) . I like the Corner situation with Douglas ( extend him ) and Benford going forward. Tre is a wildcard after this 2nd major injury of his. Who knows how he will fare when he comes back . Linebackers should be fine if all healthy . Bernard and Milano ,with Dodson , Williams , Spectar behind is a damn good group. Dline is solid ( though they got beat up today ) .Oliver and Jones in the middle is tremendous though we have some decisions on the Ends to make. Do we give AJ and Floyd new deals or only keep 1? Or let them walk?

There is more to talk about with the D but the most glaring issue to solve overall with the team is the Receiver Corps. I do hope our first round pick goes into that. A free agent or two would also be nice but not sure who will be in the upcoming class.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Galaxy brain take:
-Maybe if we weren't giving a roster spot and $2 million in cap to Tyler Matakevich we could've had a 3rd string linebacker on the team all year actually capable of playing linebacker
-Maybe if we weren't giving a roster spot and over $3 million in cap space to Siran Neal, we could've had a backup NB/Safety on the roster capable of playing NB/Safety, letting them push Poyer to the bench/dime backer only when it was clear he was a huge liability to get burned over the top
-Maybe if we weren't giving a roster spot and $2 million in cap to Reggie Gilliam, we could've had more depth at pass catcher or a spot for a power running back (Gilliam player under 100 offensive snaps, we don't actually use a fullback, he's just another STer)

Giving so many dedicated roster spots and legitimate cap space to special teams only players has a cost, especially when those special teams units are still a liability. I know I've sounded like a clown harping on this at times. But right here, this year, with all the injuries and a depleted team, we saw the bad end of constructing your roster like this.

To your first point: We did have a 3rd string LB capable of playing LB -- Dodson. For his shortcomings, he did just fine most of the year. Our 4th string LB, Williams, could have been fine....but McD did McD things with the kid (IE, not playing him when he clearly could have).

To your second point: That would require them to recognize that Poyer is on his last leg. And Rapp wasn't god-awful. A disappointment to be sure, but it's not like they didn't try to have a capable backup NB/Safety

To your third point: Conceded.

I do agree that the time has come to divest ourselves of a bunch of the ST-only guys.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Kind of hope we blow it up next year, take our cap medicine and do a reset. I wouldn't hate a coaching change either, but I don't see it happening. This group of players were entertaining, but they aren't going to get it done. They are aging, injured, and slow.

- Cut White (he may have to straight up retire)
- Trade/cut Diggs (his cap hit is way too high for a guy that can't beat man coverage anymore and is dropping a lot of balls)
- Cut Miller
- Cut Poyer (he may retire...)
- Cut Knox
- Let Davis walk
- Let Hyde walk

Focus on youth and speed on defense, McDermott can earn his paycheck covering up for talent deficiencies with scheme and coaching (it is supposedly his specialty). Draft WR as high as we can. Go into the year without necessarily Super Bowl aspirations.

Reactions: kirby11

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
We need to replace Gabe this year. We miss a true outside threat. Diggs isn't getting younger and while I love Shakir he's perfect right where he is. Let him grow into the Beasley/Edelman true inside threat. Anything to make sure Sherfield never sees the field again and we're ready for when Diggs falls off.

Not worried about LB. After this year we're 5 deep with Milano, Bernard, Dodson, Spector, and Williams. Just got ridiculously unlucky.

Eventually we need replacements at safety. Hyde and Poyer are great but certainly not young.

We need another good boundary corner. If White was healthy I'd be fine with him, Benford, and Douglas, but he isn't.

Idk. Maybe I'm wrong. Just f***ing devastated tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad