Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The wide receiver comments are ridiculous.

Mahomes wins with worse wide receivers than Allen.

But sure, let’s go draft a receiver in the first because that’ll cure everything.

Mahomes won with the GOAT TE and Hill. He squeaked past us this week because a lot of our guys shit the bed, but, respectfully, he hasn’t actually won anything anyone cares about with poor receivers yet.

E: and I don’t recall any of his guys getting hit in the hands for big gains and dropping the ball today.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
The offense was a couple plays away from winning us the game. I don't have a lot of blame to place there. 100% looking at the defense here.
Defense forced one punt all night and the fumble into the end zone.

Other than that points on all other drives. Not good enough.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Next year is pretty brutal too. Currently they are $43 million over the cap and are weighed down by so many dead weight contracts. Miller, Knox and even Tre White (who I love, but may be finished). If Diggs is really on the decline then his $27 million cap hit is BRUTAL. Next year is a transition year for sure. Miami might actually win the division. But when you have a QB like Josh then anything is possible.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Thing is, their wr did catch the ball when it mattered. Our #1 was again missing most of the game.

If anything the late season surge should tell us that Diggs is past his prime as #1. Get rid of him for all I care but do NOT keep him as your #1 option.
They already have the number 1 option on the team: Kincaid

All of KC’s receivers have roles. They don’t have a true 1. They get outside receivers with speed, slot receivers, etc and work around Kelce.

Bills need some better outside receiver with speed to free up Kincaid and Shakir.
Hence the scheming part. Brady has to do better too.

I'm absolutely ambivalent about him returning....leaning towards wanting to see someone else from outside the club
I thought Brady did well.

Reactions: Miller Time

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I hope the Bills do a bit of a soft reset this offseason. Let most of the free agents walk. Cut guys (White, Poyer, Hines, Neal, Harty, etc.) where it would open up cap space. Accumulate comp picks. Time to reset with a younger core. This version of the team has taken us where they can go. Too old. Window closed. Time to try something different.

FWIW cutting Bass would add over $3 million to the cap. He's not going anywhere.

I think a soft reset is happening no matter what. Too many FAs and possible retirements and not enough cap to backfill.

Safeties:
- Poyer (possible retirement)
- Hyde (FA)
- Rapp (FA)

DT:
- Jones (FA)
- Settle (FA)
- Phillips (FA)

DE:
- Epanesa (FA)
- Miller (cut/retirement?)
- Lawson (FA)

CB:
- White (cut/retirement?)

That's like half the starting defense and most of the defensive line rotation. Not to mention WR2 Gabe Davis will probably walk as well, and Morse is always a retirement risk (Bates can slide in and replace him though I think).

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’ve always said their window doesn’t really open until they treat WR like backup pass rusher. Not saying the window will ever open….Beane ignores it like it isn’t the problem. But after six of these nights he has to come to Jesus and recognize that the way you actually beat the other great QBs in the playoffs is to outgun them.

Buy the f***ing bullets already.

Reactions: Krieger Bot

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Wish we had a defence to prevent them from scoring...
If you don't understand that you can't give the best quarterback in the league back the ball with a minute forty I'm pretty sure we don't need to continue this conversation

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The wide receiver comments are ridiculous.

Mahomes wins with worse wide receivers than Allen.

But sure, let’s go draft a receiver in the first because that’ll cure everything.
Both teams have aging superstar #1s, but their #2 (Rice) is better than any receiver the Bills have. It's no coincidence the Chiefs offense finally figured things out when he turned things on and secured his spot in the starting lineup.

They shouldn't shoehorn in a receiver in the first round. But it's a genuine longterm need that will need addressed.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Mahomes won with the GOAT TE and Hill. He squeaked past us this week because a lot of our guys shit the bed, but, respectfully, he hasn’t actually won anything anyone cares about with poor receivers yet.

E: and I don’t recall any of his guys getting hit in the hands for big gains and dropping the ball today.
He didn’t have Hill last year and still won a Super Bowl. Kincaid and Shakir are good. Put a couple outside receivers with speed on the team and Allen will be good.

Catching a ball doesn’t require a team to go throw first round picks at receivers.

He didn’t have Hill last year and still won a Super Bowl. Kincaid and Shakir are good. Put a couple outside receivers with speed on the team and Allen will be good.

Catching a ball doesn’t require a team to go throw first round picks at receivers.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I just don’t understand how KC gets so lucky with health each year. Probably because they don’t have to play any important games away from home but still. When was the last time one of their top 5 guys were out for a playoff game? No Milano, White, Benard and Benford…yet KC is come in completely healthy after an ice bowl.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think a soft reset is happening no matter what. Too many FAs and possible retirements and not enough cap to backfill.

Safeties:
- Poyer (possible retirement)
- Hyde (FA)
- Rapp (FA)

DT:
- Jones (FA)
- Settle (FA)
- Phillips (FA)

DE:
- Epanesa (FA)
- Miller (cut/retirement?)
- Lawson (FA)

CB:
- White (cut/retirement?)

That's like half the starting defense and most of the defensive line rotation. Not to mention WR2 Gabe Davis will probably walk as well, and Morse is always a retirement risk (Bates can slide in and replace him though I think).
Well the alternative would be to just keep pushing money into the future and going more in on this core. Totally possible. Can open up oodles of room by pushing Allen/Diggs/Von money, among others. I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze, though.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Both teams have aging superstar #1s, but their #2 (Rice) is better than any receiver the Bills have. It's no coincidence the Chiefs offense finally figured things out when he turned things on and secured his spot in the starting lineup.

They shouldn't shoehorn in a receiver in the first round. But it's a genuine longterm need that will need addressed.
I’d take Shakir over Rice.

I never said not to address receiver. There’s no reason to go into a draft with the receiver or bust draft strategy, as you alluded to.

Defense is a way bigger concern than WR.

Reactions: brian_griffin

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I know McDermott was in an impossible position with all the injuries to the most important position on his defense, but...

He really needs to answer for the Klein of it all. Just inexcusable to keep rolling a complete liability out there just because you've known him for a decade. Of all my gripes with this game, that's #1.
That's a dumb gripe. You even outlined why it's dumb, by conceding that McDermott was in an impossible position. He had to play ****ing someone. And it's not Madden. Beane didn't have the option of acquiring much in the way of a replacement post deadline. So, terrible take, Husko. Terrible.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
To me, the play of the game was Allen not seeing/taking Diggs wide open on that shallow crossing route. Throws it to him, more than likely they're in the end zone a few plays later and leaving KC very little time to do anything.

Shakir was open, Allen just misfired on the throw. Maybe getting bumped by the lineman knocked him off a little bit. And I'm not taking anything for granted with Diggs. He didn't have a great game at all.

Bills are done, Sabres are a disappointment. I really need to find other hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad