Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I've never been as excited to attend a Bills game as I am for this one.

Catch me in the Red Carpet lot in my 1995 player issue full-length subzero sideline coat burning an effigy of Fast Willie Parker.

Reactions: Zman5778

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Couple of ST thoughts if the weather is as terrible as they're predicting in terms of precipitation, wind, and low visibility:

-Do you go for 2 instead of trying the XP if the offense is driving against the wind?

-On PIT punts, do you even bother with a return game, or go for the block/avoid risking a muffed punt and keep the gunners in on the off chance that the Steelers try a super ballsy fake?

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Couple of ST thoughts if the weather is as terrible as they're predicting in terms of precipitation, wind, and low visibility:

-Do you go for 2 instead of trying the XP if the offense is driving against the wind?

-On PIT punts, do you even bother with a return game, or go for the block/avoid risking a muffed punt and keep the gunners in on the off chance that the Steelers try a super ballsy fake?

The going for 2 aspect is interesting. That should be Pro Bills with Josh Allen potentially running it.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

Great job by Sammy last month... It's nice to know that we actually have a decent punter. Probably going to be relying on him alot on Sunday if this weather is as bad as they say it will be. Depending on where we are if such a situation calls for a punt. Anything after mid field should be 4 down territory.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I've never been as excited to attend a Bills game as I am for this one.

Catch me in the Red Carpet lot in my 1995 player issue full-length subzero sideline coat burning an effigy of Fast Willie Parker.
The weather games always stay with you. A bad weather playoff game though? That is something else. Have fun!

• Love
Reactions: HOOats

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Great job by Sammy last month... It's nice to know that we actually have a decent punter. Probably going to be relying on him alot on Sunday if this weather is as bad as they say it will be. Depending on where we are if such a situation calls for a punt. Anything after Midfield should be 4 down territory.

I'd say you're more likely to punt in bad conditions across midfield. It depends entirely on how long the 4th down is - it's going to be much more difficult to convert 4th and longish, and it very well could turn into a field position game - no one's going to want to take snaps or have to punt inside their own 5 or 10 yard line. Make them drive the field instead of taking stupid risks and literally cutting the field in half.

And as depressing as it is, this feels like it's following the same timeline as other games that have been moved - NFL originally denies, weather reports get worse and worse, and eventually ends up moving it. Just delaying it to Monday does not seem like an option with the weather reports either. What really sucks is Cleveland's gonna have the same cold and wind, just not the snow.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
State Of Emergency Declared for WNY in preparation for the Winter Storm.

Perhaps Cleveland or Monday "could be" a possibility ?:rolleyes:

BUT...

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 5.04.34 PM.png

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Atmosphere shmatmosphere. Need a roof on the new stadium. I wonder how much the 'wind confusion' architecture will have on a day like Sunday.

What would be in the best interest is probly move the game to Monday Night.

But, that would mess with time slots, revenue, clashing , with the other MNF game, etc.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Atmosphere shmatmosphere. Need a roof on the new stadium. I wonder how much the 'wind confusion' architecture will have on a day like Sunday.

What would be in the best interest is probly move the game to Monday Night.

But, that would mess with time slots, revenue, clashing , with the other MNF game, etc.
If the game gets moved, it won't have anything to do with bad playing conditions. It will have to do with the safety of getting fans, players, officials, etc to and from the game. That doesn't go away with a roof.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Unless it was a certainty that there was going to be feet of snow Sunday (2+ maybe even closer to 3) then I don't envision them moving the game. The winds should be considered if it was going to be blizzard conditions instead of the still difficult but less treacherous blowing snow.

Since some are referencing the new stadium. The problem with a dome is that it doesn't just need a roof it needs a roof that can withstand the weight of 6-8 feet or more of snow.

The KC game should be given consideration to be played Monday at 4/4:30 with the forecasted temperature. It's terrible for fans and the hourly employees to be in those conditions for that many hours. Obviously it won't be played at a different time. In the name of safety you would think there would be a temperature that is too hot and too cold for a game to be played. Maybe that temperature is colder than the forecasted temperature in KC, fine, whatever, but the league seems to have a "the show will go on" mentality, weather be damned.

Reactions: oldgoalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad