Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Bears, Vikings, Jags and Panthers get home Europe games. That means no Bills in Europe next year.

I wonder which one of them will have to play a team that’s already been in Europe for a week or two

I doubt it since his contract does not expire until the end of the league year. And I doubt the Patriots want to do the Bills any favors.
I thought his contract expired next year and this was a termination?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The other challenge with NE is that BB's defense was pretty unique, especially at positions like LB and safety.

I think they should look to reboot the whole thing with a new GM and head coach combination as opposed to getting a BB guy like Vrabel. But, we shall see.

:dunno:
This point cannot be emphasized enough. Belichick never really ran a "3-4" defense or a "4-3" defense. He morphed the defense based on the opponent.

In order to do that, he needed players who:
- were intelligent enough to play a different defense every week
- could play multiple positions

All his OLBs had to have the ability to be 3-4 OLBs and 4-3 DEs
All his DTs had to be able to play 3 and 5 technique, or 1 and 3 technique
All his safeties had to be able to play rover, nickle, or traditional safety
All his ILBs had to be able to play MLB, 3-4 ILB, or even 4-3 WLB and SLB

It's a hard defense to run and harder to find the type of players to make it work.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Replying to the weather. With both teams quite comfortably having fun in the cold , two things come to mind.

Our guys have been having fun and turning the snow into their advantage adter all the garbage from the bengals/bangles game resurfaced. We have a group that won't be embarrassed twice. Bring on the snow!

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

And secondly. If its a snow hurricane streetfight. Give me Daquan Joseph, Oliver ,Dion Morse and the rest on both line , all day long and on Sunday. Well maybe we have something to do w thaf as we seem to be backwards in time. Lets go buffalo in three and a few hours

Side note I'm certain we take Pitt as the dangerous extremists smart animal because of their coach. Step on their necks should the moment come as the bills know this is NOT a team to toy w

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 6.51.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 6.52.22 AM.png

Ex wgr punk spreading fake info
Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 6.53.47 AM.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This point cannot be emphasized enough. Belichick never really ran a "3-4" defense or a "4-3" defense. He morphed the defense based on the opponent.

In order to do that, he needed players who:
- were intelligent enough to play a different defense every week
- could play multiple positions

All his OLBs had to have the ability to be 3-4 OLBs and 4-3 DEs
All his DTs had to be able to play 3 and 5 technique, or 1 and 3 technique
All his safeties had to be able to play rover, nickle, or traditional safety
All his ILBs had to be able to play MLB, 3-4 ILB, or even 4-3 WLB and SLB

It's a hard defense to run and harder to find the type of players to make it work.
He also focused on big, slow, old school, downhill thumper LBs when most of the league has been shifting to faster LBs that can be effective in coverage as much as being downhill thumpers in the run game.

Although, maybe I am biased with the Bills having a smaller than average MLB and using their nickel corner as sort of a hybrid SLB. And they have been using their SS as a WLB in their 3 safety looks.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In games versus other playoff teams this year:

Chiefs 1-4, 19 pts for/g 21 pts allowed/g
Dolphins 1-5, 18 pts for/g 33 pts allowed/g

That game is going to be really interesting.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
100% this.

The prospect that had me most nervous, as a Bills' fan, was Vrabel at HC and Caleb Williams at QB. And I truly believe the Patriots were in a position to make it happen, with the Patriots at number three, with the Bears at number one and Justin Fields playing the way he did to close out the season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

100% this.

The prospect that had me most nervous, as a Bills' fan, was Vrabel at HC and Caleb Williams at QB. And I truly believe the Patriots were in a position to make it happen, with the Patriots at number three, with the Bears at number one and Justin Fields playing the way he did to close out the season.
Vrabel did not worry me as much as them pivoting to a more modern approach and hiring a solid combo of GM and an offensive minded HC.

BB's coaching tree has not been great. The Patriots staying "in the family" is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad